Crosby's numbers increase, what changed?

nossagog

What's the difference?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is the difference in Crosby's Play?

• Coaching Change
    • Player Moves
    • Health Issues
    • Just a matter of time

15 minutes ago, JagerMeister said:

@flyerrod  It seems like when he doesn't like a system he is forced into playing, he plays inadequately. Ofc, its the coaches job to utilize Crosby effectively. But Crosby seems to not give 100% when he isnt fond of the system. 

Meh.  He was supposedly not happy with Michel Therrien's system and all he managed to accomplish under him was a career high 120 points. Then he followed that up with his best post-season (SCF; 27 PTS in 20 GP).  

One can be critical of Crosby of a few things. Effort isn't one of them. It's not like he spends his offseasons fondling law enforcement or impaling himself on golf clubs. ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, B21 said:

Meh.  He was supposedly not happy with Michel Therrien's system and all he managed to accomplish under him was a career high 120 points. Then he followed that up with his best post-season (SCF; 27 PTS in 20 GP).  

One can be critical of Crosby of a few things. Effort isn't one of them. It's not like he spends his offseasons fondling law enforcement or impaling himself on golf clubs. ;)

I was going to say jealousy will get you nowhere but then I realized I was confusing you with Polaris922. Can you imagine what kind of points he would have put up if he really was trying......:ph34r:

@B21 Hm, was conpletely unaware of that fact. And I know he is a hard worker, but I've seen commebts of him this year giving half assed performances in the early start of the year.

Then what do you think was the reason for Crosby's unusually slow start to the season? Because that was his slowest start of his career. 

Also, interesting fact. It required less games for Sidney Crosby to reach 900 points then it did for Jagr. Take into consideration that Crosby has played in a lower scoring era, and the fact that he never had the opportunity to play with Lemieux or Francis.

4 hours ago, flyerrod said:

I was going to say jealousy will get you nowhere but then I realized I was confusing you with Polaris922. Can you imagine what kind of points he would have put up if he really was trying......:ph34r:

Well since he was trying I already know the answer to that.  But hey - never miss a chance to chime in and dump on the guy. It's your M.O.

4 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

@B21 Hm, was conpletely unaware of that fact. And I know he is a hard worker, but I've seen commebts of him this year giving half assed performances in the early start of the year.

Then what do you think was the reason for Crosby's unusually slow start to the season? Because that was his slowest start of his career. 

A combination of Johnston's system and injury.  

I get the whole 200' of hockey "idea".  I also know I wouldn't hire Picasso to fingerpaint.  He's an all time offensive talent.  You don't stifle that.

There were also many rumors about a lower body injury as well.  Put it all together and I think it explains it away.  Lack of effort?  That's convenient fodder for the haters.

1 hour ago, JagerMeister said:

Also, interesting fact. It required less games for Sidney Crosby to reach 900 points then it did for Jagr. Take into consideration that Crosby has played in a lower scoring era, and the fact that he never had the opportunity to play with Lemieux or Francis.

If you had asked me that, I would have guessed Jagr.

11 minutes ago, B21 said:

If you had asked me that, I would have guessed Jagr.

Same here, I think that stat proves that Sidney Crosby has been the better player then Jagr was in their first 11 years. Which is essentially both player's peak and prime. ( as much as it pains me to say ). But career wise, it's still Jagr.

22 minutes ago, B21 said:

Well since he was trying I already know the answer to that.  But hey - never miss a chance to chime in and dump on the guy. It's your M.O.

Someday, maybe someday you will not take everything as a personal attack. I make a joke (complimenting) Crosby's abilities and Polaris922(who works in law enforcement as he has stated here on this site) and you just don't get it. I apologize for having to draw little maps so you can follow along.

5 hours ago, flyerrod said:

1 hour ago, B21 said:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

15 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

@flyerrod  It seems like when he doesn't like a system he is forced into playing, he plays inadequately. Ofc, its the coaches job to utilize Crosby effectively. But Crosby seems to not give 100% when he isnt fond of the system. 

When a coach has talent like Crosby, and Malkin, and Letang, and he tries to force them to play a defensive first system...he is an idiot.

12 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Someday, maybe someday you will not take everything as a personal attack. I make a joke (complimenting) Crosby's abilities and Polaris922(who works in law enforcement as he has stated here on this site) and you just don't get it. I apologize for having to draw little maps so you can follow along.

Personal attack? Hardly. "Attack" on Crosby? You betcha. Don't back track now and make it seem like you were only joking about questioning the guys effort.  One can smell that BS from miles away.

13 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

Same here, I think that stat proves that Sidney Crosby has been the better player then Jagr was in their first 11 years. Which is essentially both player's peak and prime. ( as much as it pains me to say ). But career wise, it's still Jagr.

I don't think that will change.  It will be a miracle if Crosby is still playing at all at Jagr's age let alone at the level at Jagr is playing now.

1 hour ago, B21 said:

Personal attack? Hardly. "Attack" on Crosby? You betcha. Don't back track now and make it seem like you were only joking about questioning the guys effort.  One can smell that BS from miles away.

LMAO. You are such a transparent troll sometimes. You just keep sniffing away. I will put you back on ignore so as to not offend your sensibilities. So because I say  Crosby does not seem to put in 100% effort if he does not believe in a coach's system, that is an attack? The start of this season certainly seems to support that. It is just possible that Mike Johnston might believe that too......

18 hours ago, B21 said:

So you can start the humor, but can't handle it when it is sent back towards you............You Betcha.  

@flyerrod and in all fairness, Mike Johnston was an imbecile. But the part where we agree was that it wasnt Johnston that was 100 percent accountable for Crosbys worst slump. People that watch Crosby frequently have said that he brought a half assed effort on many occasions this year under Johnston.

53 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

LMAO. You are such a transparent troll sometimes. You just keep sniffing away. I will put you back on ignore so as to not offend your sensibilities. So because I say  Crosby does not seem to put in 100% effort if he does not believe in a coach's system, that is an attack? The start of this season certainly seems to support that. It is just possible that Mike Johnston might believe that too......

So you can start the humor, but can't handle it when it is sent back towards you............You Betcha.  

Says the Flyers fan taking the veiled shots.  Your M.O.  Not mine.  As if there was any "humor" to your opinion on the matter. :ph34r: 

Carry on.

1 hour ago, JagerMeister said:

@flyerrod and in all fairness, Mike Johnston was an imbecile. But the part where we agree was that it wasnt Johnston that was 100 percent accountable for Crosbys worst slump. People that watch Crosby frequently have said that he brought a half assed effort on many occasions this year under Johnston.

I won't argue that Johnston was not ready for a HC position. That was definitely obvious. I am not allowed to even mention the name Crosby without being called a troll by  B21 but yet he can take shots and expect to not be called out on it. I will leave responses to him for other posters here. I put him back on ignore where he belongs.He is a waste of breath for me.

22 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

I would tend to agree with the 1st half of your comment. IT IS Crosby's job to give 100% if he likes the system or not! I'm curious if there was some sort of injury that wasn't mentioned? If so,then sit awhile 'til its heels!

31 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

I'm curious if there was some sort of injury that wasn't mentioned?

That is a feasible explanation but awfully coincidental how he is "healed" then as soon as Johnston is gone. "Johnstonitis" as it were?

5 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

That is a feasible explanation but awfully coincidental how he is "healed" then as soon as Johnston is gone. "Johnstonitis" as it were?

Possible, this maybe possible! But seriously,he still should have gave 100% if he wasn't physically injured!

Archived