2015-16 DOOKIE AWARDS

WordsOfWisdom

It's that time of year again!  We have our first winner!  

The prestigious GOLDEN DOOKIE award for FIRST team eliminated from playoff contention in the 2015-16 season goes to......

THE TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS!

GoldenDookieAward.jpg.53ff57b22b33a5216f

:goodjob:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hah...awesome.

I was thinking about these the other day, but then, I remembered how into this idea you were, @WordsOfWisdom , and you did not disppoint......

Let it be known, the Leafs have fired the first salvo in Dookie Spreading moving forward! :56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys:

It's an awesome idea... and I give you credit for thinking of it all the time.  :56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys:

I just "tweaked it" so that the Dookies are reserved for the exclusive 14 non-playoff teams, with the golden dookie being for #1 (eliminated of course lol).  One down, thirteen to go...   

Man this is a list i hope my Flyers don't make....if someone passes you for the bottom before the end of the season(ie. someone finishes with a worse record) do you get to hold onto your trophy???? Just askin...

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Man this is a list i hope my Flyers don't make....if someone passes you for the bottom before the end of the season(ie. someone finishes with a worse record) do you get to hold onto your trophy???? Just askin...

Yep. The Golden Dookie Award is given to the most hopeless team, the team that was never "in it" so to speak. Any victories gained after elimination are considered to be meaningless.

Of course, if the NHL ever changed its draft system to reward teams for points gained after elimination, then the Golden Dookie award could be awarded to the last place team. :biggrin:

Hmmm, slight problem:

The site SportsClubStats.com says that Toronto is "Out":

huh.png.a16f0927ec18583de5374278aa2b43ca

but then their updated standings still say the Leafs have a 0.000198% chance of making the playoffs. So which is it? Did I hand out the Golden Dookie too early? :unsure[1]:

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a slow week (with the Leafs being eliminated so far ahead of everyone else), but now they have some company!

We have our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Dookie Award winners! 

Congratulations to:

The Edmonton Oilers:oilers:

The Buffalo Sabres:sabres:

The Columbus Blue Jackets:bluejackets:

DookieAward.jpg.c753e185c024d6daf77c6a2a

:goodjob:

Ahh, it's THAT time of year!

Better than the Grammys, better than the Oscars, and better than any sports award show I can think of......it is..THE DOOKYS!

And as we can see, awards have already been presented....and what fine representatives we have this year let me tell you.

Canada is having itself and EXTRA helping of Dooky this year, as seemingly, no team north of the US border is willing to play past April this year.......guess those tee times at the best golf courses are in high demand...gotta get those dibs...first come, first serve after all...

So, with all that in mind, let's see who my esteemed colleague, @WordsOfWisdom , has already made proud with presentations:

First up, were the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Really, ppl, was there ANY DOUBT this year about this team? Right from the word 'Go!', these guys had their eye on the prize. And while most ppl think "the prize" is the Stanley Cup, well, those people hadn't really looked at the Leafs roster. And if there was any doubt, once trade deadline day rolled around, the Leafs' massive fire sale all but assured, they'd be first in line for the Elimination Hardware!

So congrats to the Maple Leafs on securing one of hockey's most prestigious (in a dubious sort of way, of course) award!

Closely following the Leafs, we have of course, perennial Dooky favorites, the Edmonton Oilers, the Buffalo Sabres, and the enigmatic Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Oil certainly weren't gonna let a year go by without them being top of the heap to collect this bad boy...they want their cake and eat it too.

Top of the draft, top of the Dooky....hey, it doesn't get much better than this for Edmonton!

Sabres, not to be outdone by the Oilers, join them in top five dibs on Excremental Trophies. Funny how Edmonton and Buffalo, each with picks which netted them two highly coveted players in McDavid and Eichel, are STILL wanting in on these Doggie Doo year end prizes! Boy, talk about wanting to have it all.......

Maybe soon, the Sabres won't be participants this early for this award (scuttlebutt is they are supposed to be improved), but for the here and now, they are as deserving as ever for the Dook...have at it boys!

And those Columbus Blue Jackets.

Realistically, a team that really shouldn't be collecting Dookies this early. Ahh, but there is something in the Columbus water that causes severe injury to even the healthiest of players to come down with some debilitating condition that simply won't allow him to perform, and thus hurt the team's chances at that OTHER unimportant award, the Stanley Cup, and instead compete for the turd polished Elimination Emblem.

I am willing to bet that Superman himself, if he were drafted or traded to the Blue Jackets, would end up with a broken leg, arm, or some disease that would prevent him from playing.......someone told me there is a large piece of Kryptonite buried under the city of Columbus, but I digress.......

And then, Mr. Words presented to the Vancouver Canucks, Winnipeg Jets and Montreal Canadiens (yup...there it is, that North of the Border theme I mentioned earlier.....Ottawa Senators, we are holding a spot for you....hehe).

Jets? Wow....should've been a playoff performer and not a dropping collector. Real head scratcher this team. Rabid fanbase, a team seemingly on the rise....but ummm, still early Dookie hungry. Hmmm...maybe next year a better fate? We will see.

Canucks? Well, these guys have been spiraling down bit by bit year after year since the "smart decision" to rid themselves of BOTH Roberto Luongo and Corey Schneider. And not even Eddie Lack was deemed good enough to bring home an early Dook!

Brilliant guys, just brilliant....who better to bring you turd award goodness than the elite combination of Ryan Miller and Jacob Markstrom, eh?

Canadiens? Just.....

LOL!

Yea...after about what, a month, some ppl had these guys as "Cup Ready"...and yet here they are, early adopters of the Golden Dookie kingdom!

The big question for the Habs:  Is this who they are? Will they collect many more early Dookies in years to come? Or was this an aberration? Stay tuned...meanwhile, other teams remained focused on playoff endeavors....

And finally, not listed yet, but it was made official yesterday (or was it the day before), congrats go out to the Calgary Flames, who of course, must join their Canadian brothers in their quest for early Dookie adoption.

And as long as this team continues to rely on the likes of Ortio and/or Ramo, they will continue to gather in the early Elimination Acknowledgements...despite having some promising skaters.

And well that is all we have for now.

Thanks to Words for his diligent presentations and looking forward very soon to presenting to the Hurricanes, Devils, and Coyotes.

Hmmm...Golden Dookie...Golden Yote? Errr, ok, I won't go there......

LOL.jpg

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Closely following the Leafs, we have of course, perennial Dooky favorites, the Edmonton Oilers, the Buffalo Sabres, and the enigmatic Columbus Blue Jackets.

The Oil certainly weren't gonna let a year go by without them being top of the heap to collect this bad boy...they want their cake and eat it too.

Top of the draft, top of the Dooky....hey, it doesn't get much better than this for Edmonton!

A special note:

The Edmonton Oilers are proudly celebrating their 10th consecutive Dookie award!   :-)

Congratulations go out to our 8th Dookie Award winner.... 

The Calgary Flames!

After the Leafs crumpled...

...the Oilers spilled...

...the Blue Jackets got stung...

...the Sabres were blunted...

...the Canucks were Yankee-doodled...

...the Jets crashed...

...and the Canadiens went au revoir,

...now the Flames have been burned. 

So long Calgary!  :-)

@WordsOfWisdom

I was going to point out the premature presentation to the Sens, because they have 79 points with 10 to gain if they win their last 5 and the Bruins (88pts) lose their last 5, while the Wings (87pts) gain no more than a single point during that stretch....but then, I realized that despite that math, the Wings and Bruins play each OTHER, therefore, ONE of them will gain the necessary points to put Ottawa out even if the Sens win the rest of their games.

So you are right.....Sens are out, just a formality of Det-Bos playing each other and someone coming out with a win.

Carry on my friend!

As for Ottawa, disappointing season for sure.

I mean, they got themselves an early Dooky, but still, methinks this team had eyes on something more when they resigned Andrew Hammond in the off season, then guys like Bobby Ryan and Erik Karlsson go on to have fantastic seasons.

Injuries and some under performing of other players did this squad in this season, IMO.

Congratulations are in order for Ottawa on the Elimination Acquisition, but one has to wonder if this is the best award they can hope for in the near future.

Oh, and with the Sens being excreted, it officially puts ALL Canadian based teams out of the post season.

16 minutes ago, nossagog said:

If the Toronto get the Golden Dookie for being first out, are we going to give a special award to the last Dookie awarded?

Good question.  :-|

Perhaps the "Steaming" Dookie award for last team eliminated?   `:-)

(It's steaming because it's recently dropped lol.)

Archived