Feels like Christmas morning

and I'm about to find out if I get the coolest video game or a pair of socks.     

I wasn't really excited about hockey this year, figuring to see some improvement and adjustment to Hak's system, looking forward to the youngins coming up and getting rid of more driftwood, never thinking we'd be sniffing a shot at the playoffs.  I was rooting for a high draft pick for God's sake.

Up until February, or whenever Ghost got his shot, I've been more and more excited with every game, actually shouting and cheering when they scored unlike the past few seasons.  

NOW, I want them to make the playoffs BIG TIME.  As a long time Flyers fan, these past few years have been unrepresentative as they always make the playoffs.  They might get ousted the first round too much but there's nothing like PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!!!!   

Let's Go Flyers and get this young team used to winning and that fire to go further and further.

All in all if they don't make it, I would say it was a good season and they're further ahead than anticipated.  The playoffs would be gravy.   An oh so delicious gravy...

57472619.jpg

I never saw this team as playoff material.  I said quite often here that we'd be lucky to play .500 hockey.  I think we are witnessing a rebirth of the franchise.  The Black Friday game may be viewed as a turnaround date.  I think Ghost, Hakstol, and Mason are the contributors. But my additional vote would go to the 4th line.  Simmonds is Simmonds.  And Schenn is playing to potential.  But the 4th line may be the unsung heroes. They have been special.  I was glad PEB scored the empty netter without an assist. He deserved it.

Howie

9 minutes ago, Digityman said:

My daughters first game.  She loved it.  

I said they won't all be this exciting but she had a great time.  

Playoff hockey. Can't wait 

Ah, good times.  I took my youngest daughter to the last Penguins game... eh,  not the result we wanted, and I took my oldest daughter to the Capitals where we won in a shootout.  Great times, Great times.

Your Bruins friends must be miserable, lol.

13 hours ago, Digityman said:

My daughters first game.  She loved it.  

I said they won't all be this exciting but she had a great time.  

Playoff hockey. Can't wait 

Hell of a game to take her to it doesn't get much better!!!!!!

usa-wayne-simmonds-shayne-gostisbehere-f

Everything from here on out is icing on the cake....can not say enough how impressed i am with Ghost being able to come in and drag this blueline into the playoffs!!!

UNREAL!

Archived