NHL 1st Round: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Metro (#3) New York Rangers

pilldoc

NHL 1st Round: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Metro (#3) New York Rangers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. NHL 1st Round: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Metro (#3) New York Rangers

• Pens in 4 (sweep)
    • Pens in 5
    • Pens in 6
    • Pens in 7
    • Rangers in 4 (sweep)
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7

You can't put it all on King Henrik, but who'd have thought he be a the bottom of the barrel in the playoffs in GAA at 4.39/game. 

The Rangers blue line was awful all series, and I wonder if there is a single Rangers fan that's happy with the Eric Staal trade. Five games, zero goals, zero assists and -7.  Worse, he was basically invisible. That was one of the big deals of the season, what a bust.  He certainly didn't help himself for any contract negotiations this off season.

28 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

King Nothing goes another year without a Cup. And the Rangers have been mortgaging the future for a while now. Should he interesting to see where they go from here.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow did i see that scoreboard right?? Henrik gave up 6 goals today?? WOW!

Last round up for the King?  Ouch...6 goals...he has got to be playing hurt.  Of course we should have seen this coming.  Lundqvist was absolutely brutal during the month of December and part of January.  I had him as my #1 starting goalie for my FHL...and I cringed during every game he started in the 2nd half of the season.  But still 6 goals ...he got lit up like a Christmas tree during these playoffs.

I'm pretty tired of hearing how badly the Rangers played.  A LOT of Pens goals were the result of speed and creativity.  Some damn good rocket shots to the top shelf as well.  Sometimes a team gets skunked because the other team was dominant.  The Pens finished the months of March and April winning 16 out of 21 games.  Scoring 4 goals or more in 13 of those 16 wins.  14 of those 21 opponents were playoff teams, and two of the losses came to non-playoff teams.  Two of those wins were over the very same Rangers squad.  The Pens went 3 and 1 against the Rags regular season, only losing the first matchup of the year February 10th.  In our three wins against Lundqvist, we averaged 4 goals per game.. 

It's not that Lundqvist or the Rags played us so poorly as to lose the series.  It's that the Pens played the Rags extremely well to WIN the series.  Speed kills. 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:10 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I call it the Yandle effect.

Sad thing is Yandle was actually one of their better players in the series.  You could always tell when they'd started to activate their defense with him on the ice.  He was pretty dangerous. 

On 4/24/2016 at 1:23 PM, Polaris922 said:

I'm pretty tired of hearing how badly the Rangers played.

But with the exception of Yandle and Mats Zucs and occasionally Kevin Brassard they did play like garbage especially from game 3 until the merciful end. Krieder was terrible, MacDonaugh played as stupidly as i've ever seen him play, Did Stepan even dress...dude they flat sucked after game 3.  now it's certainly debatable if that was a result of how the Penguins were playing but I truly think there were other things going on with the blue shirts that had nothing to do with losing every board battle and 96% of the foot races.  You guys are going great, no question , the Rangers quit and that was obvious too.

Archived