NHL 1st Round: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Metro (#3) New York Rangers

pilldoc

NHL 1st Round: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Metro (#3) New York Rangers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. NHL 1st Round: Metro (#2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs Metro (#3) New York Rangers

• Pens in 4 (sweep)
    • Pens in 5
    • Pens in 6
    • Pens in 7
    • Rangers in 4 (sweep)
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7

All discussion of Pens vs Rangers here.

With the health of MAF and Murray now officially up in the air...if I am a Pens fan...I would be worried.  Probably one of the hottest teams playing right now could all come crashing to earth if Tristan Jarry has to start in goal.

With MAF...Pens in 6

Without MAF/Murray Rangers in 5 or 6.

Stay tuned for this one!

Game Date/Series Location Time National TV
Game 1: Rangers at Penguins Wed. April 13 Pittsburgh 8 p.m. ET USA
Game 2: Rangers at Penguins Sat. April 16 Pittsburgh 3 p.m. ET NBC
Game 3: Penguins at Rangers Tues. April 19 New York 7 p.m. ET USA
Game 4: Penguins at Rangers Thur. April 21 New York TBD TBD
Game 5: Rangers at Penguins Sat. April 23 Pittsburgh TBD TBD
Game 6: Penguins at Rangers Mon. April 25 New York TBD TBD
Game 7: Rangers at Penguins Wed. April 27 Pittsburgh TBD TBD

Not sure of what Fleury's status is for the series, but it makes little difference to me.

The Pens were hot as anybody down the stretch with Crosby being the best player in the game during the second half.

The Rangers stumbled and bumbled, Lundqvist was ordinary in the second half.

Nonetheless I am going with the Rangers who have an amazing shut down defense and I believe that Lundqvist will return to his best in the postseason.

Pens win no matter who is in net.  McDonaugh is hurt. Lundqvist hasn't been himself.  The Rags are hurting and the Pens have speed.  Hagelin was the difference for them last year, he could very well be the difference again this year.  He's been almost as hot as Crosby lately.  Kessel is almost a point per game playoff guy, and the Rangers defense is hurting.  Put Murray or Fleury in net and it's Pens in 5... without, I'll go Pens in 6.

Gonna miss game one flying home, But I'm going Pens in 6.  Previous seasons the lack of PPs caused them fits, but they are using them well at the moment, and are playing great at 5V5.  If they can stay out of the baiting, and therefore the box,  I think they should win.

16 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Hats off to the Pens (god I hated typing that :ermm:)

Nice win with Zatkoff in goal.  

Post copied and stored for future purpose.

Didn't see the game, but a great win with Zatkoff in goal.  Couple of days off and hopefully Fleury or Murray will be back. The big thing about Zatkoff, he gives up big rebounds. Pens seemed to control most of them, loved the way Murray seemed to just eat pucks with no rebounds the last games of the season.  

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow nothing on the play.....hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm..........just wow!

http://thehockeywriters.com/kris-letang-will-not-face-supplementary-discipline-for-slash/

See the other thread for why no suspension. Should've been a double minor yes, but not a suspension.  

The fan was told to calm down so tocchet didn't kick his arse.  I see him all the time and the man stays in shape. Lol 

8 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

The fan was told to calm down so tocchet didn't kick his arse.  I see him all the time and the man stays in shape. Lol 

That man is Nick Mangold who plays center for the New York Jets and to his left his Ryan Fitzpatrick the QB for the Jets.

That would be an interesting fight between Nick and Rick. Nick is a big strong dude....but i have to go with Tocchet on that one. I don't think Nick really knows what the guy he is screaming at is capable of. He just see some old bald dude.

Archived