Sabres acquire NCAA star Vesey

jammer2

Who woulda thunk it...some players *actually* want to go to Buffalo?   ha ha...seems that is his destination of choice....so the Sabres only had to unload a 3rd round pick....the Preds had no leverage, either let him walk and go UFA or get what you can, essentially, letting him choose his team. Vessey and Eichel could make a very dynamic duo...I have a feeling many drafting GM's in fantasy just put a star next to Vessey's name....sleeper extraordinaire....a very nice play late in a draft I'd say.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2016/06/20/jimmy-vesey-sabres-predators-trade/86151936/

We have the 8th pick and have a good number of picks overall.  We have a pretty solid nucleus with our youth.  i just wonder what Murray has up his sleeve with the goalie situation.  I am for making a trade to get an established goalie.  I am not sold on Lehner.  He seems to be better than some on this board told me though.  They trashed him big time and I did not see it.  He played pretty well.  Having Ristolainen makes us forget we ever had Myers.  I saw a guy with a Myers jersey on at the store yesterday.  Man.  No way am I wearing a jersey of a guy that was traded.   I guess a guy like Vanek or Pommer would be exceptions as they were with us for years and took us deep into the playoffs.  I wonder if Murray would ever bring anyone back from that Presidents Trophy team?  Doubtful.  But the one I would want I am not sure yet how his situration now is?  Yes, Miller.  I would take him back in a minute.  Someone like him would give us a shot of getting in.  Even with a young team.  The upcoming draft should bring about some trades so we really have no idea what our teams are going to look like as a final product just yet.  The KHL seems to be attracting more of the stars away from the NHL also.

Sabres gave up a 3rd for nothing? And what's this August 15th stuff, not July 1?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/veseys-agent-says-ncaa-standout-plans-to-become-free-agent-despite-trade-to-sabres/

“In our opinion, the only thing that has happened is now the Sabres have stepped into the shoes of Nashville for exclusive rights [to negotiate] until Aug. 15,” Donatelli told McDonald. “However, at this time, it doesn’t change Jimmy Vesey’s intention to become a free agent on Aug. 15.”

• 2 weeks later...

Archived