You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

pilldoc

Official - Las Vegas awarded expansion team to begin play 2017-18 season

@B21 yep, each team will actually only lose 1 player, max.

I love it - the more teams in the NHL (National Hobby League), the less interest there will be, not more. It's sad really. I watched a promo for the upcoming "World Cup of Hockey" last night which posed the question "Who's game is hockey?" and said this so called  "World Cup" would be the deciding tournament. Who out there believes that?? LMFAO at Gary Bettman.

1 hour ago, BluPuk said:

I love it - the more teams in the NHL (National Hobby League), the less interest there will be, not more. It's sad really. I watched a promo for the upcoming "World Cup of Hockey" last night which posed the question "Who's game is hockey?" and said this so called  "World Cup" would be the deciding tournament. Who out there believes that?? LMFAO at Gary Bettman.

I disagree.  The Players like to represent and play for their country's flag.  The targeted audience is much bigger than just USA and Canada.   The timing of this tournament is great imo as it will follow the summer Olympics and we get to watch hockey a few weeks earlier.

On 6/23/2016 at 10:18 AM, pilldoc said:

whole heartedly agree.....At least Edmonton won't finish last in the Pacific next year... :ph34r:

Let's not go crazy here...

21 hours ago, hf101 said:

I disagree.  The Players like to represent and play for their country's flag.  The targeted audience is much bigger than just USA and Canada.   The timing of this tournament is great imo as it will follow the summer Olympics and we get to watch hockey a few weeks earlier.

Exactly. Which is why this "world cup" is a farce. Players who are under 24 are playing for who??? For what??

Let everyone play for their country and I agree 100%. Otherwise it's just an exhibition. 

Unbelievable.

Edited by BluPuk

Las Vegas Thunder mixed rebels, fading stars and young prospects for six crazy seasons

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0706%2Fr100464_1

Edited by OccamsRazor

On 6/25/2016 at 6:41 AM, BluPuk said:

@B21 yep, each team will actually only lose 1 player, max.

By just about every important metric - league revenue, ratings, attendance, franchise value, etc. - the National Hockey League is more popular now with 30 teams than it has ever been in history.

To be clear, I think the whole "World Cup" thing is foolish. For a league that every four year spends agonizing time wringing hands about players in the Olympics to START their season with a tournament that puts all their stars "at risk" is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Bill Foley on George McPhee being introduced as

Hidden Content

general manager: "George McPhee's our guy."

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

we won't believe this until eklund confirms

Hidden Content

I love the Jackets' twitter feed
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Bill Foley on George McPhee being introduced as

Hidden Content

general manager: "George McPhee's our guy."

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

we won't believe this until eklund confirms

Hidden Content

I love the Jackets' twitter feed

I saw the owner interviewed on TV about the teams name, and he said that the NHL told him that they don't want the name to have any connection to gambling?? 

LMAO. They put a frickin hockey team in Las Vegas and they don't want a name that has any connection to gambling?? I guess that lets out "Las Vegas" then. Mwahahaha.

1 minute ago, BluPuk said:

I saw the owner interviewed on TV about the teams name, and he said that the NHL told him that they don't want the name to have any connection to gambling?? 

LMAO. They put a frickin hockey team in Las Vegas and they don't want a name that has any connection to gambling?? I guess that lets out "Las Vegas" then. Mwahahaha.

heh, Even when they officially name this team the Las Vegas Knights it will be known as the "Gamblin Knights"    :5726b5f6a27ed_anidea:

On 6/23/2016 at 0:45 PM, B21 said:

Unless I am reading that wrong, once you pick a player from a team the rest are off the table - is that correct?  Just thinking about the Pens in regards Fleury.  Leaving him unprotected could end up as "protection" for the rest of the roster though he'd have to waive his NMC.

Thinking out loud - this is going to be a fun process for whoever the GM is in Las Vegas.  Here are the players - now make your team.

I believe you read it correctly! 

Watch Vegas pick the Pens back up goalie in this year's playoff! (Phone won't let me type his name correctly). Would that be legal? 

If so the Pens should start drafting goalies.