LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

German Rubtsov’s patience pays off with two goals and player of the game honors in Russia’s win

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/german-rubtsov-goals-highlights-gifs-russia/

Flyer prospect Carter Hart stopped 33 of 34 shots in the game before, with Canada winning 4-1.

I wish Rubtsov was playing in North America. I hate how the KHL handles their young players. At Least he's playing lots in the MHL, which I assume is like the KHL's version of the AHL.

Does anyone know what his contract situation is? Any chance the Flyers bring him over and send him to the Phantoms next season?

10 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

I wish Rubtsov was playing in North America. I hate how the KHL handles their young players. At Least he's playing lots in the MHL, which I assume is like the KHL's version of the AHL.

Does anyone know what his contract situation is? Any chance the Flyers bring him over and send him to the Phantoms next season?

I'm just glad he's playing good minutes now. I believe the MHL is their junior league. 

He's under contract for 2 years...so unless Philly bribes his KHL team, which I'm sure is possible....

49 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Honestly, he's in good hands in the KHL. They're doing him right in his development. I get that people want him to play right away, but he's being broken in in a defensive role and he's in the MHL if they scratch him. People just need to be patient. When he comes over, he's going to be ready defensively and he can focus more on the offensive side of the game. 

An example of the Russian system at work is Vorobiev, who had played very well and his physical attributes have improved. He's going to be ready to come over next year. 

If Rubtsov follows the Vorobiev path, I'm good with that. I'd rather these kids fight and earn their ice time in adult league than just be given ice time because of where they were drafted if they went to junior.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

From the highlights i seen Laughton looks to have found some confidence and chemistry with Leier whom had 2 goals and an assist.

Good to see from Scotty.

:beer:

Hopefully they leave him down for a bit to regain his confidence and find his game.

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Hopefully they leave him down for a bit to regain his confidence and find his game.

I imagine with the current cap situation when Gordon returns from injury we will see another forward join him on the Phantoms and sadly because he is waiver exempt it may be Lubi till Hexy can work some magic with a trade to give him some wiggle room.

And i'm all for giving Scott some big minutes down there that is just what the AHL is for because after this season he will have to go through waivers.

I wouldn't mind Greg Carey getting a shot when/if the time is right in the NHL he was a Matt Read type undrafted free agent signing who was never given even a game with the Yotes dude can score some goals and at 6-0 196 has good size too.

He was damn good for St.Lawrence put up 185 points in 153 games.

For comparisons sake Read put up 143 points in 147 games in college. Just putting that out there.

Carey is currently tied for 3rd in the AHL in goals with 7 in 11 games. 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wouldn't mind Greg Carey getting a shot when/if the time is right in the NHL he was a Matt Read type undrafted free agent signing who was never given even a game with the Yotes dude can score some goals and at 6-0 196 has good size too.

He was damn good for St.Lawrence put up 185 points in 153 games.

For comparisons sake Read put up 143 points in 147 games in college. Just putting that out there.

Carey is currently tied for 3rd in the AHL in goals with 7 in 11 games. 

I didn't even know we had signed Carey! He is a pure scorer type IIRC but likely a 'tweener. Maybe he develops into an NHLer though

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I didn't even know we had signed Carey! He is a pure scorer type IIRC but likely a 'tweener. Maybe he develops into an NHLer though

Yeah he was in the running for the Hobey Baker in 2013 with Johnny hockey and lost out to Drew Leblanc (i know...who?). And again in 2014 and Johnny Hockey beat him and Ghost.

Funny Carson Chubak who played for the Phantoms a couple years ago was also in it.

As well as former Flyer Kyle Flanigan and current team mate Corban Knight.

True story.

Good song.

Phantoms win 3-1 Lyons 36 saves.

Reece Willcox with the GWer!

Telling you Willcox could be a quick studay and get a chance real quick in the Phantoms he has got a under rated shot from the point and Flyers need a right hand shot. Gudas is the only one right now.

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Just catching up on the Straka trade. A conditional 7th eh? A former 2nd rounder by Columbus....

Yeah he hadn't played all season and wasn't in the plans going forward....so they got something for nothing sort of.

And for what it's worth looks like Goulbourne has been left out the plans on the Phantoms too he hasn't played in a while only played in 6 games of the 12.

So glad they passed on Bjorkstrand and Duclair for this kid......

SMFH

:DancingGrape:

I remember Cal Heeter. People were penciling him as the back-up the following season before he even played a single NHL game. Then he called called up to play a game with the Flyers at the end of the season and got lit up. 

That was the last time Flyers fans ever talked about him

This is the kind of playing that develops confidence :

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/scott-laughton-overtime-goal-phantoms/

The Phantoms comeback and defeat the Bruins 4-3 in OT. The OT goal scored by Laughton, assisted by Sanheim and Leier. 8 straight wins.

Lyons now 4-1-1 

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is the kind of playing that develops confidence :

http://sonsofpenn.com/flyers/scott-laughton-overtime-goal-phantoms/

The Phantoms comeback and defeat the Bruins 4-3 in OT. The OT goal scored by Laughton, assisted by Sanheim and Leier. 8 straight wins.

Lyons now 4-1-1 

Hopefully Laughton can get back on track with his NHL career.

Lyons has some very impressive numbers in the A in a small sample size since Stolarz went up. 

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Hopefully Laughton can get back on track with his NHL career.

Lyons has some very impressive numbers in the A in a small sample size since Stolarz went up. 

I hope they leave Laughton in Lehigh Valley for the year. Let him get his offensive game going again and more important, let him get some much needed confidence back in what he can do. He's still only 22, so lots of time to rediscover his game and get back on track again. I really think he can be a 2nd line left winger in Philadelphia. He's got the skills, he's got the smarts and he can really play when given a chance. Good to see that he's rediscovering himself again.

Archived