Monahan Signs for Seven Years

radoran

Outstanding for Calgary.

High time they start building an actual core to be around for the next decade or so and quit filtering players through their team/system only to help augment other teams.

Now....if Edmonton and Vancouver (along with these Flames) can get their schtick together, Western Canadian hockey at the NHL level may be worth watching again!

But I think Monahan will be a good player for years to come, Calgary was smart to keep him and as long as they keep a solid supporting cast around him (and don't skimp on the damned goaltending!), fans in Southern Alberta should be very happy.

4 hours ago, radoran said:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/08/19/sean-monahan-cashes-in-signs-7-year-contract-with-flames/

"Around $6.3M" AAV

31/62 and then 27/63 the past two years - looks like a pretty good deal for Calgary if he continues his production

In line with Mackinnon and Scheifele's deals almost to the dime, save for the extra year.

On 8/19/2016 at 11:59 AM, radoran said:

"Around $6.3M" AAV

31/62 and then 27/63 the past two years - looks like a pretty good deal for Calgary if he continues his production

The Flames now have their #1 center locked up for a reasonable contract for a long time -- a great deal and good for them.  Now they need to get Johnny Hockey signed too. I'm curious to see how much more money Gaudreau is asking for, I'll assume he's asking over $7M for 7 years. This is all similar to Toews / Kane part 2.

On 8/21/2016 at 8:42 AM, hf101 said:

Gaudreau is asking for, I'll assume he's asking over $7M for 7 years. This is all similar to Toews / Kane part 2.

the economically depressed, less successful western Canada version.

Archived