Game #29 - Oilers at Flyers - Dec 8, 2016 @ 7:00

OccamsRazor

10 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Voracek jumps all the way up to a tie for 3rd in the NHL in points, Giroux to a tie for 5th.

Correction. Both move up to a tie for fifth (though 28 is the third highest total when eliminating the players with the same number of points).

Also, Giroux moves into the + column for the first time this year.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Correction. Both move up to a tie for fifth (though 28 is the third highest total when eliminating the players with the same number of points).

Also, Giroux moves into the + column for the first time this year.

What the hell...6 goals and NONE by #17?

The Wayne Train is suk!   :DancingGrape:

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

What the hell...6 goals and NONE by #17?

The Wayne Train is suk!   :DancingGrape:

You should have seen the work Gudas put in on the second Giroux goal. He thought he was a forward, skating all the way around behind the net and feeding it in front.

First line was on fire last night after the first. Schenn's line had trouble with Draisaitl's line. Also helps that the Flyers seem to have Gustavsson's number. 6-0 with 23 goals in 6 games, one of which was a 0-0 shootout win - so averaging almost 5 goals a game in the ones they won in regulation or OT.

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

You should have seen the work Gudas put in on the second Giroux goal. He thought he was a forward, skating all the way around behind the net and feeding it in front.

First line was on fire last night after the first. Schenn's line had trouble with Draisaitl's line. Also helps that the Flyers seem to have Gustavsson's number. 6-0 with 23 goals in 6 games, one of which was a 0-0 shootout win - so averaging almost 5 goals a game in the ones they won in regulation or OT.

Well if there's anyone in the Flyer org. that I figured would be the next Paul Coffey it's Radko!

Ya...I'm pretty sure a lameass backup goalie and the swiss cheese defence had a lot more to do with Philly scoring more than Edmonton than Manning getting in Mcdavids head.

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya...I'm pretty sure a lameass backup goalie and the swiss cheese defence had a lot more to do with Philly scoring more than Edmonton than Manning getting in Mcdavids head.

You know what though, there were definitely times when McDavid seemed more interested in shoving and chirping at Manning then what was going on on the ice. He was over after him on just about every whistle when they were out against each other, and there were a feew shifts where he chased him and cross checked him instead of rushing up ice to backcheck. No way to tell what effect it had on the outcome of the game, but it was most likely neutral, if not a net positive for the Flyers. Bellemare had a real strong defensive game against him, as well.

I blame the goal on Coates announcing right as that PP started, "McDavid doesn't have a single power play goal this season."

3 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

You know what though, there were definitely times when McDavid seemed more interested in shoving and chirping at Manning then what was going on on the ice. He was over after him on just about every whistle when they were out against each other, and there were a feew shifts where he chased him and cross checked him instead of rushing up ice to backcheck. No way to tell what effect it had on the outcome of the game, but it was most likely neutral, if not a net positive for the Flyers. Bellemare had a real strong defensive game against him, as well.

I blame the goal on Coates announcing right as that PP started, "McDavid doesn't have a single power play goal this season."

I blame Ivan...cause well that is the thing to do he didn't score any goals or stop any pucks...so it's Ivan's fault...cause if he skated better.....

I think i actually like Streit and Gudas paired together.

Could we have found a partner for Streit??

They were on for 4 of the Flyers even strength goals...

...or can this be thrown out because of the fact that there wasn't any goaltending?

3 hours ago, Podein25 said:

It's like you guys will never learn, always searching for who to blame, analysing the complicated causes and faults, etc. Simplify!

I try that with my wife but she always comes back with WTF is Lindros!!???!!!

:salute:

Hey Connor McDavid, teams aren't going to roll the welcome mat out for you when you skate into their building.  Get over it, and get used to it. Kid's still going to be GREAT for a long time, though.

Archived