Sabres can't catch a break.....O'Reilly out having appendix removed

pilldoc

The Sabres literally can not catch a break.  O'Reilly is now out indefinitely after undergoing an emergent appendectomy.

http://www.tsn.ca/sabres-f-o-reilly-out-after-appendectomy-1.639006

Hopefully his appendix was not perfered or ruptured.  That could lead to a very nasty abdominal infection.  Hopefully there were no complications and they were able to remove it via the laparoscopic method.  This will speed up the healing process.  If they had to do a full blown open method then expect a longer recovery.

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

The Sabres literally can not catch a break.  O'Reilly is now out indefinitely after undergoing an emergent appendectomy.

http://www.tsn.ca/sabres-f-o-reilly-out-after-appendectomy-1.639006

Hopefully his appendix was not perfered or ruptured.  That could lead to a very nasty abdominal infection.  Hopefully there were no complications and they were able to remove it via the laparoscopic method.  This will speed up the healing process.  If they had to do a full blown open method then expect a longer recovery.

Thanks for this info

This is bad news for the Sabres and their fans.

Ryan O'Reilly, to me, is one of the real driving forces on the team...and when he is going well, everyone else seems to play better.

No doubt a guy like Jack Eichel takes over that role in about another season or two, but for the here and now, seems to me, how O'Reilly goes, so do his linemates, and by cause and effect, the rest of the skaters.

That all said, I find myself not feeling too sorry for the Sabres as a Lightning fan.

We have been dealing with sorts of ailments to the point where the Bolts can be classified as LITERALLY a squad of walking wounded.

Currently still out on the Bolts:

Steve Stamkos, Nikita Kucherov, Ondrej Palat, Ryan Callahan, Jonathan Drouin, Braydon Coburn, and Ben Bishop. 5 top 6 guys, a 2nd pair veteran defenseman, and the starting goaltender.

And guys who missed significant time at other points?

Anton Stralman, top pair defenseman, Cedric Paquette and JT Brown, sandpaper bottom sixers the Bolts rely on to offset the bullying of the top lines.

So yea, not feeling too sad for Buffalo right now...at least they weren't expected to be contending for a Cup like the Bolts are this year.

But back on topic...

With O'Reilly out, other guys are simply gonna have to step up.

No ifs, ands or buts about it.

I WOULD say this is a perfect opportunity for a guy like Evander Kane to show some leadership qualities, but then, you'd all have to have me committed for being insane.........

Big day in Buffalo sports:

This announced the same time as the Bills announced they fired their  over rated, blow hard, fat ass coach and his even fatter, ungroomed troll of a twin brother. 

What the hell with emergency appendectomies this year?   I don't remember one before, let alone two in such a short period of time. 

When my eldest was still an infant,  my appendix was actually ruptured for (they figure)  2-3 DAYS  before I went to the hospital.  When it ruptured an air bubble formed and the majority, if not all, of the "poison"  went into and stayed in the bubble.   I mention my daughter because she was at the age where I'd lie on my back and bounce her on my knees until she'd fall on my stomach (she'd giggle and giggle).   I wasn't feeling well so didn't, but she'd have either killed me or made me a lot more sick than i was. 

As it was, i was in the hospital for about 6 days.  Nasty stuff for an organ that does absolutely nothing for you. 

• 5 weeks later...

Archived