BIG game Thursday Jan. 26

BluPuk

Tonight the Leafs play in Detroit, but that is just a warm-up for the drubbing you Philadelphia fans are going to receive on Thursday.

Yah, I know we will likely be tired and we have a lousy record in the second of back-to back games, and you guys will be rested and waiting for us. I know we have problems with losing leads late in games, but we have a strategy. We are going to lay down in the first two periods (cleverly conserving our energy - AKA rope-a-dope) and let you get a lead, then turn the screws in the third (the later the better) and hand you guys your butts as we leave. Can't wait ...... :bigteeth: 

31 minutes ago, BluPuk said:

Tonight the Leafs play in Detroit, but that is just a warm-up for the drubbing you Philadelphia fans are going to receive on Thursday.

Yah, I know we will likely be tired and we have a lousy record in the second of back-to back games, and you guys will be rested and waiting for us. I know we have problems with losing leads late in games, but we have a strategy. We are going to lay down in the first two periods (cleverly conserving our energy - AKA rope-a-dope) and let you get a lead, then turn the screws in the third (the later the better) and hand you guys your butts as we leave. Can't wait ...... :bigteeth: 

We play tonight as well (NY Rangers in NY), so it should be interesting tomorrow night.....May the best team win :VeryCool:

3 hours ago, fan4ever said:

We play tonight as well (NY Rangers in NY), so it should be interesting tomorrow night.....May the best team win :VeryCool:

I say buffalo wins this game since the leads and Flyers don't want to win a game

3 hours ago, fan4ever said:

I say buffalo wins this game since the leafs and Flyers don't want to win a game

7 hours ago, BluPuk said:

let you get a lead

Are you kidding me this team can't score...not even with a fist full of 100 dollar bills in a whore house...

NEWS FLASH: 11 goals in the last 30 games is not good!!!

Plus no matter what Flyers just don't play well versus the Leafs. So since we to are coming off back to backs (play Rangers tonight) you guys win....

23 hours ago, BluPuk said:

It has been far too long since the Flyers and Leafs have played a meaningful game!  Very much looking forward to this one!

5 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

LOL.... this seriously made my day and made me laugh out loud... well done!

As Metallica would say...

Sad but true...

...i hope i'm wrong usually when these two teams have played lately the Leafs haven't had anything to play for meaning no pressure and the pressure has always been on the Flyers to not get beat by a "bad leaf team"....

...that isn't the case now Leafs are playing well so now we'll see how it goes with both teams having something to play for.

45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well from early reports Mason is to start.

So i guess we'll see how he and rhe ream respond.

It is a big game i think.

Agree.... this is a YUGE game indeed.  I assume Mason gets the back to back b/c Neuvy had to leave the game the other night?

2 hours ago, murraycraven said:

Agree.... this is a YUGE game indeed.  I assume Mason gets the back to back b/c Neuvy had to leave the game the other night?

Yeah i had seen he was pulled for precautionary reasons with his knee.

I'm guessing they don't want him injured in case they get a good offer for him.

Archived