Fastest Goalie to 400 Wins

hf101

Congrats to Henrik Lundqvist who set an NHL record last night for the fastest Goalie to obtain 400 wins.

Fewest games played to reach 400 wins:

Lundqvist  727

Brodeur     735

Osgood     742

Plante       753

Roy           753

34 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Fewest games played to reach 400 wins:

Lundqvist  727

Brodeur     735

Osgood     742

Plante       753

Roy           753

I think Lundqvist is the first major beneficiary of an NHL that no longer has tie games. Since more games are resolved to a W or L now, the opportunity exists to get far more wins than were previously possible. (The consequences of major rule changes.)

:cool[1]:

14 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I think Lundqvist is the first major beneficiary of an NHL that no longer has tie games. Since more games are resolved to a W or L now, the opportunity exists to get far more wins than were previously possible. (The consequences of major rule changes.)

:cool[1]:

Yeah, I don't think this is as impressive as it would have been without the 3-on-3. Lots of "records" are broken - like Ghost with his "most overtime winners for a rookie" - when it's really the beneficiary of a rule change previous generations didn't have the luxury of.

Also, too, like Brodeur's (and Holtby's) breaking of Parent's single-season "wins" record. .

Not trying to demean the accomplishment of 400 wins for an undisputed great NHL goaltender.

Just that doing it in eight fewer games with 3-on-3/shootouts playing your entire career with them is hard to compare to a guy who accomplished it without them. Brodeur also had 105 ties. That era where he was playing 70+ games a year (1995-2010 or so) he was, for me, consistently the best goalie in the game.

Someone contact a medical professional, a Flyers fan said something good about Martin Brodeur... :dizzysmiley-1:

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2017 at 6:08 PM, radoran said:

Not trying to demean the accomplishment of 400 wins for an undisputed great NHL goaltender.

Just that doing it in eight fewer games with 3-on-3/shootouts playing your entire career with them is hard to compare to a guy who accomplished it without them. Brodeur also had 105 ties. That era where he was playing 70+ games a year (1995-2010 or so) he was, for me, consistently the best goalie in the game.

Someone contact a medical professional, a Flyers fan said something good about Martin Brodeur... :dizzysmiley-1:

Yeah well Terry Sawchuk said Henrik also wore a mask his whole career too...

:hehe:

Archived