Nick Schultz

notfondajane

7 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

M.A.F IS a great teammate and would be a nice starting goaltender until someone one could come thru the system!:VeryCool:

I agree. He would almost certainly be an upgrade over Neuvirth or Mason.

7 hours ago, notfondajane said:

How about M.A.F? 2 cups to his name! Great teammate in the room! 

I don't think Fleury would sign his NTC giving up a chance to repeat as Stanley Cup Champs to be traded to a rival that likely won't even make the playoffs.

5 hours ago, hf101 said:

I don't think Fleury would sign his NTC giving up a chance to repeat as Stanley Cup Champs to be traded to a rival that likely won't even make the playoffs.

I see your point!  There is a possibility of him being better than the goaltending they have, tho I don't see how?  

It's possible that he could be persuaded into this? He may be what the Flyers need to get them to the dance! Maybe to the promise land! (Cough) 

12 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I agree. He would almost certainly be an upgrade over Neuvirth or Mason.

I'm not sure of this. Fleury is to inconsistent! He is pathetic in the playoffs since 2009! He cost the Pens 2 cup appearances (2011 and the year after Boston kicked our butts! )

Pens are going to have trouble fitting any acquisitions under the cap unless they move Fleury, which would seem to be a tough sell (Not sure what teams are on his 18 team OK list, but most of them are likely to be in the playoffs and set at goaltender and/or too cap-strapped to take him on for 2 more years). I suppose they could LTIR Maata, but he wouldn't really be able to come off until the playoffs start at that point.

51 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Pens are going to have trouble fitting any acquisitions under the cap unless they move Fleury, which would seem to be a tough sell (Not sure what teams are on his 18 team OK list, but most of them are likely to be in the playoffs and set at goaltender and/or too cap-strapped to take him on for 2 more years). I suppose they could LTIR Maata, but he wouldn't really be able to come off until the playoffs start at that point.

I would agree with that point about the cap.

Malaya is SUPPOSED TO BE back around the 1st of April which remains to be seen! 

I'm guessing that Pittsburgh will pay a small part of the Fleury contract to help in the negotiations of a trade. A particular team may use him as a backup! Which I'm not sure if Fleury would take a liking to! 

12 minutes ago, hf101 said:

@notfondajane

I looked into the MAF situation a bit more.  I think the Penguins might buy out Fleury prior to the Expansion draft.  This leaves the Penguins paying just less than 2M for 4 years. Allowing them to protect Murray.

That interesting I never even thought of that option! This way he could go where he wants. The down side is there is no compensation!

Archived