Vecch Watch!! Where does he go?

Cheesesteak

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, radoran said:

I believe that gets prorated. I'm not sure if it is by game ($11,280.49/game) or by day of the season (not sure exactly how many that is...)

The $925K does become the base for his RFA qualifier which I believe would then be $971.25K (5% increase).

I can't find* if he's on a two-way deal or not.

* haven't looked very hard

All ELCs are two-way deals 

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Flyers report Matt Read is down for the season with "upper body injury" so there's your space for Vecchione.

could be the last time we see read in O&B

1 minute ago, RJ8812 said:

could be the last time we see read in O&B

You think he goes to Vegas or gets bought out or traded?

I don't know if McPhee takes a guy who has 21 goals in the past two seasons and a $3.625M cap hit (although they do have to meet a cap threshhold, so anything's possible).

Any way, it would be addition by subtraction in my book.

Just now, radoran said:

I don't know if McPhee takes a guy who has 21 goals in the past two seasons and a $3.625M cap hit (although they do have to meet a cap threshhold, so anything's possible).

Who else would he take on the Flyers? maybe Neuvirth but the rest of what we leave unprotected are garbage 

14 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Who else would he take on the Flyers? maybe Neuvirth but the rest of what we leave unprotected are garbage 

My money (and not much of it) is on Neuvirth simply because of his history with McPhee.

1 minute ago, RJ8812 said:

Can we bribe McPhee to take MacDonald instead?

The overpaid guy who is scheduled to make more than his cap hit each of the next three years?

I don't know that Comcast could afford that. They only have $5.07B cash on hand.

Homer, the gift that keeps on giving.

:bonkingheadonwall:

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Maybe McPhee will take a look at him. Read could resurrect his career in Vegas. Doubtful at 30, but not out of the realms of possibilities. Also, LV really only has to take him for one season at that contract and then could either part ways or negotiate a lower figure. Barring better options at forward, he may be worth a look. Also, I feel like he's been jettisoned through the line-up and gets garbage minutes. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but maybe with better minutes and more stable line mates, he could be worth the one year cap hit. 

Just now, Bertmega said:

Maybe McPhee will take a look at him. Read could resurrect his career in Vegas. Doubtful at 30, but not out of the realms of possibilities. Also, LV really only has to take him for one season at that contract and then could either part ways or negotiate a lower figure. Barring better options at forward, he may be worth a look. Also, I feel like he's been jettisoned through the line-up and gets garbage minutes. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but maybe with better minutes and more stable line mates, he could be worth the one year cap hit. 

If we can see that he's lost a step, I'll wager that NHL General Managers can see that, too.

Not saying McPhee won't just that I think Neuvirth is far more likely (assuming he gets exposed, which is still TBA)

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

If we can see that he's lost a step, I'll wager that NHL General Managers can see that, too.

Yeah that a very true statement. 

Just wishful thinking on my part. Or that McPhee starts boozing heavily between now and the expansion draft.

4 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

Everyone knows Chris Vandevelde is too desirable for McPhee to look at anyone else. 

It may be the only way he ever doesn't play for the Flyers in the future.

4 hours ago, Bertmega said:

Yeah that a very true statement. 

Just wishful thinking on my part. Or that McPhee starts boozing heavily between now and the expansion draft.

It's not implausible, just IMO unlikely

43 minutes ago, radoran said:

It's not implausible, just IMO unlikely

Matt Read's still serviceable, and he'd be a useful 4th liner for one more year. Contract stinks for that role, but it's only one year. I'd even bring him back afterwards (with a significant pay cut) assuming he doesn't lose more steps.

I wonder what it would cost to have McPhee pick MacDonald. I'm sure the answer is "too much," but it's a conversation that needs to happen if it hasn't already.

Just now, AJgoal said:

Matt Read's still serviceable, and he'd be a useful 4th liner for one more year. Contract stinks for that role, but it's only one year. I'd even bring him back afterwards (with a significant pay cut) assuming he doesn't lose more steps.

I wonder what it would cost to have McPhee pick MacDonald. I'm sure the answer is "too much," but it's a conversation that needs to happen if it hasn't already.

Will need Walter White to talk to Mcphee about Mcdud to make that happen!

And when that happens someone always dies!

18 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Sure, but there are cheaper 4th line options.

I think it really depends on which goalie the Flyers expose.

Archived