Lindblom Signed to ELC

radoran

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think he will to just help spread these kid's coming up with their contracts (entry level to bridge deals in mind) and when they expire over different years.

Sure a GM will never say that they are looking ahead that far but i know they do.

Now if said prospect blows the doors off yeah i could see it.

But even TK and Ivan as great as they were spent another year in junior which is what i see. And these two kids as great as they are are not in the Mcdavid/Matthews realm where they are clear cut ready for the NHL right now.

Combined with the fact they have so many bodies right now anyways and don't have to have said kid play right now.

So i think the #2 over goes back to junior one more year.

All fair, it's actually similar to my thought process on why I thought Provorov would go back last year - specifically, his ELC would slide until MacDonald was off the books, and the numbers game. I'm still not fully convinced that he doesn't get sent back last year if the MDZ injury and Gudas suspension don't happen.

Add to that that if it's Patrick, you can argue letting him get his legs back in Juniors now that he's fully healed.

4 hours ago, AJgoal said:

All fair, it's actually similar to my thought process on why I thought Provorov would go back last year - specifically, his ELC would slide until MacDonald was off the books, and the numbers game. I'm still not fully convinced that he doesn't get sent back last year if the MDZ injury and Gudas suspension don't happen.

Add to that that if it's Patrick, you can argue letting him get his legs back in Juniors now that he's fully healed.

I could be wrong too....

....but my gut says Ron has his eye on the distant future as well as the immediate future...and with that in mind i know he wants to ice the best team next year but without jeopardizing the following years too.

And having these guys come up in a trickle effect compared to a rush will help the get the most out of all the entry level deals as well as sign them to modest bridge deals when they expire forcing him to having to deal some of them for the fact that he can't afford to sign them all.

Now you may still have to do this down the road with all the talent they have collected but i'm sure he wants to minimize it as much as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Highlights from this past season. I gotta say, he's got a lot of offensive tools. Deadly accurate shot, great around the net, great deflections and redirections. He's like a mix of Schenn, Simmonds, and Giroux in how he scores. 

52 minutes ago, brelic said:

He's like a mix of Schenn

Hope not

On a more serious note from watching the video I like how he doesn't hesitate to put the puck in the net.

Not trying to pull off some fancy bullcrap and just shoots the damn thing.

That being said he does have patience to know when to shoot the puck for example at the 1:24 mark of the video, patience being shown on a beautiful goal, and that is huge and love to see it from a youngling.

He has great vision, seems to be always where the puck is, or the puck always finds a way to his stick.

Very quick release, and like I said before, no hesitation, but shows patience as well.

I can't wait to see this kid play, I am more excited to see him skate more so than even Nolan Patrick.

Actually a decent article by Isaac:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2017/07/07/champion-development-camp-oskar-lindblom-could-make-nhl/460253001/

One really interesting tidbit in there:

"His team in Brynäs has no skating coach so Lindblom worked with drills set up for him by Flyers power skating coach Slava Kouznetsov. He spent about 10 minutes a day before practice trying to work on it and he made vast improvement in that area."

So the improvements he made in his skating came without anyone really helping him along.

1 hour ago, AJgoal said:

Actually a decent article by Isaac:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2017/07/07/champion-development-camp-oskar-lindblom-could-make-nhl/460253001/

One really interesting tidbit in there:

"His team in Brynäs has no skating coach so Lindblom worked with drills set up for him by Flyers power skating coach Slava Kouznetsov. He spent about 10 minutes a day before practice trying to work on it and he made vast improvement in that area."

So the improvements he made in his skating came without anyone really helping him along.

Can someone show the drills to Couturier sometimes this summer??

ZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/30/2017 at 8:46 PM, AJgoal said:

I assume this is an autocorrect error that Sam didn't change.

Se Lin Kim is a she.

On the bright side, probably no body fat, so a wardrobe malfunction is not very likely. The little jugs are safe, that is all that matters here. 

Archived