Lindblom Signed to ELC

radoran

24 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Sam. 

Edit: At least I correct my mistakes...

Is this a joke? I googled it because i never heard of them. A Korean defenseman?

Elite prospects has him listed at 5-1 132 pounds!!???!!

WTF???? 

Is this wrong do i have the wrong guy???

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Is this a joke? I googled it because i never heard of them. A Korean defenseman?

Elite prospects has him listed at 5-1 132 pounds!!???!!

WTF???? 

Is this wrong do i have the wrong guy???

I assume this is an autocorrect error that Sam didn't change.

Se Lin Kim is a she.

Really hopeful this kid can have a solid impact this year.  I'd be very happy with 15G and 35PTS and playing a generally solid game.

i just wish Hextalk would get rid of some of the mess in the bottom six.  Really want to see the #2 get a shot, but I think that's doubtful especially if Hischier is the pick.  Hope to be proven wrong.  

It is hard not to get excited about Linblom.  Has played against men in the SHL the last three years and progressed nicely.  Was voted top forward this year in the entire league.  His 47 points as an under 21yr old puts him tied for 3rd overall in league history with Forsberg and Sedin.  Plays a SOLID two-way game.  

He is not a junior player trying to make the jump.  Should make a solid impact in camp.

I am hoping the kid has a very good camp and makes it a very tough decision for Hextall.   There is a lot to like about this kid...  anything that gets me excited for next year I am all for!   The possibility of having Lindblom and maybe 2 of our D prospects in the lineup seems to be a page turning for the organ-eye-zation.   Along with Prov, Ghost and TK things are starting to finally move along...

If Lindblom is going to be pencilled in with Giroux and whoever on the right side, I expect no less than 20 goals and 50 points. He's going to get a ton of ice time and he'll probably be gifted with PP1 time along side Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, and Gostisbehere. 

On 6/1/2017 at 8:09 AM, Bertmega said:

Please do not be Juri Dopita 2.0, or Alexandre Volchkov,

I'd say Lindblom is the exact opposite of Dopita (greatest player in the world outside of the NHL) or Volchkov (watched him in the old Barrie barn...WTF is this guy doing in junior still?) Lindblom is basically unknown outside of rabid Flyer fans or Swedes.

Ok....anyway, it seems Lindblom has got where he is through hard work. Dopita played back in the day where most of us North Americans had rarely ever seen him play. Volchkov was a great junior whose head got too big for him to fit inside arenas...he'd need an open stadium to fit that ego in.

Just now, flyercanuck said:

Ok....anyway, it seems Lindblom has got where he is through hard work. Dopita played back in the day where most of us North Americans had rarely ever seen him play. Volchkov was a great junior whose head got too big for him to fit inside arenas...he'd need an open stadium to fit that ego in.

If I remember correctly Dopita was much older when he made the transition. If Oscar comes to North America this season he'd be like 12-13 years younger than Jiri. If I remember correctly, his rights costed the Flyers a 2nd round pick.

Volchkov, I really never saw in live action, but I remember ribbing my Capitals friends about him when they used to get all excited over him. Hard to believe that was like 20 years ago. 

With Lindblom, he is an exception. Like you said, an unknown player outside of the Flyers loyal and his home country. A player that was selected in the 5th round and could make a huge impact for the club or just be another 5th round pick. 

I like it. 

In regards to other things, I was just trying to be an ass. I guess that is what happens when you fall asleep with the news on. 

15 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

If Lindblom is going to be pencilled in with Giroux and whoever on the right side, I expect no less than 20 goals and 50 points. He's going to get a ton of ice time and he'll probably be gifted with PP1 time along side Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, and Gostisbehere. 

I would hope but I dont see Schenn getting taken off the first PP unit...   Schenn, for all of his warts, is deadly on the PP.

3 hours ago, Bertmega said:

If I remember correctly Dopita was much older when he made the transition. If Oscar comes to North America this season he'd be like 12-13 years younger than Jiri. If I remember correctly, his rights costed the Flyers a 2nd round pick.

Volchkov, I really never saw in live action, but I remember ribbing my Capitals friends about him when they used to get all excited over him. Hard to believe that was like 20 years ago. 

With Lindblom, he is an exception. Like you said, an unknown player outside of the Flyers loyal and his home country. A player that was selected in the 5th round and could make a huge impact for the club or just be another 5th round pick. 

I like it. 

In regards to other things, I was just trying to be an ass. I guess that is what happens when you fall asleep with the news on. 

Hey, kudos for remembering Volchkov though Bert...I figured just a few of us old school Barrie Colts fans and a few dejected Caps fans (they wasted a 4th overall on him) would recall that name.

We picked Zubrus 15th overall in that draft...he played 1290 more NHL games than Volchkov!

1 hour ago, radoran said:

So, you're saying he has two hands, then?

:hocky:

IF!  IF!  If he has two hands and they're not completely made of stone... then yes.  I'll consider it an upgrade.

“It’s hard to score goals in the NHL and it’s hard to score inside the dots — he scores goals,” Button said. “He’s a hard, heavy player. He’s a hard player to dislodge.”

Good to hear this is exactly what Giroux and Jake need skating on their LW. A kid with size and a knack for finding the back of the net.

I feel he will be given every opportunity to slot in the spot.

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek

Filppula-Schenn-Simmer

Weal-Coots-TK

Bellmare-Laughton-Raffl

----------------------------------

Weise

I have Read being selected in the expansion draft for now. But it could easily change.

I could see this close to what it will look like. Vecchione will have waivers exemption so i could see him starting out as a Flyer.

Ivan-Gudas

Ghost-Morin

Hagg-Mcdud

-----------------

Manning

Neuvy

Stolie

Not sure of the goalie situation as of right now so it could be like this but it would be real shaky to start the season off like that in net.

I don't see #2OA being back in juniors next year. Even if it's Hischier, and he's not quite ready to play center, he can swing outside with Filpulla inside. I don't think Read gets picked with one year left on his contract (I think it's Raffl), but there is a possibility that he's used to hit that initial 60% cap number without a long term commitment. I'd love that result, though. As much as I think Read is still useful in a lesser role, Raffl is better at this stage of their careers. And there's no way I put Schenn back at center over Filpulla.

Lindblom - Giroux - Voracek

Filpulla - 2OA - Simmonds

Konecny - Couturier - Schenn

Bellemare - Weal - Read - Weise - Laughton - Cousins - ?????????

On the off chance that the #2 doesn't make the team out of camp, you slide Filpulla inside, Konecny up, and put the Weise - Couturier - Schenn line back together to start, or put Weal there. One thing I do like is that it doesn't seem like Vandevelde is back, which means you most likely see a less "role-player" 4th line and one that's more skilled guys with some scoring potential. My biggest question mark there is who do they utilize at center there? Probably Bellemare, but I feel that there has got to be someone better suited to the position in the org.

Thankfully, we'll see more clarity over the next couple of weeks. Once the offseason starts and teams really start making moves, I think the Flyers will ship out a couple of forwards, and maybe bring in a defenseman that another team couldn't protect in expansion.

5 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I don't see #2OA being back in juniors next year.

I think he will to just help spread these kid's coming up with their contracts (entry level to bridge deals in mind) and when they expire over different years.

Sure a GM will never say that they are looking ahead that far but i know they do.

Now if said prospect blows the doors off yeah i could see it.

But even TK and Ivan as great as they were spent another year in junior which is what i see. And these two kids as great as they are are not in the Mcdavid/Matthews realm where they are clear cut ready for the NHL right now.

Combined with the fact they have so many bodies right now anyways and don't have to have said kid play right now.

So i think the #2 over goes back to junior one more year.

10 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I don't think Read gets picked with one year left on his contract (I think it's Raffl), but there is a possibility that he's used to hit that initial 60% cap number without a long term commitment. I'd love that result, though. As much as I think Read is still useful in a lesser role, Raffl is better at this stage of their careers.

I could see that too and would be ok with that. Read will be utilized somewhere within the lineup if that is the case.

Archived