2017-18 Flyers Objectives

flyer4ever

39 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

1) See which young defensemen rise to the top in training camp. Start the process of them gelling as a unit and individually. Give some young dmen tough assignments on special teams and see how they react. 

2) At *least* start the process of finding the new franchise goalie. Hold an open legit open contest during TC between Stolarz, Lyons, Sandstrom and Hart. By the end of the season, a reasonable pecking order might not be written in stone, but it should at least exist. Make Stolarz *earn* NHL playing time, if one of the younger kids is better, send him down ....time for Stolarz to sink or swim, especially with this tremendous group of youngsters nipping at his heels.

3) Give Konency, Weal, Laughton more responsibility. Try them in different situations and see how they react.

4)Find out once and for all if Laughton is a legit NHL player. If not, time to move on.

Very much like your thoughts jammer. That's the plan for Goal eh?

Do the Flyers need to add some toughness to protect the youngsters? I say yes. I do not wish to see little turds like Kunitz and Wilson taking liberties without fear of payback. I realize its not the 70's but you have to protect your assets, and Simmons is too valuable to be that guy.

27 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Do the Flyers need to add some toughness to protect the youngsters? I say yes. I do not wish to see little turds like Kunitz and Wilson taking liberties without fear of payback. I realize its not the 70's but you have to protect your assets, and Simmons is too valuable to be that guy.

Now that Pittsburgh added Reaves, I think we have to add a 'just in case' type of player. I would say it's not priority one, however

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Simmer, Weise and Morin will be enough keeping the troops safe....and if they need another hired gun Goulbourne could be called up.

Weise? Not physical or tough at all.

Team is still soft. Simmonds shouldn't have to be fighting the battles

13 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Weise? Not physical or tough at all.

Well neither was Schenn he took a beat down quiet often....sometimes it isn't about the outcome more about having the grandes bolas to step for others...more like the thought that counts...

@RJ8812

And sometimes it's all about getting in the other team's head....Weise can do that...

...and Boston loses that series...so it paid dividends!!!!

Sure he is no goon heavy weight but he will step up...

Archived