LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I noticed Rubtsov hadn't played the last 2 games...do you know what happened to him?

Meltzer posted this a few days ago...

QMJHL: Flyers 2016 first-round pick German Rubtsov missed his third straight game for the Acadie-Bathurst Titan with an undisclosed injury. He is officially considered day-to-day. Rubtsov has seven points in his first six games after being acquired by Acadie-Bathurst in a trade with Chicoutimi. The Titan are idle on Saturday and then host the Halifax Mooseheads on Sunday afternoon (3 p.m. ET).

5 minutes ago, brelic said:

Meltzer posted this a few days ago...

QMJHL: Flyers 2016 first-round pick German Rubtsov missed his third straight game for the Acadie-Bathurst Titan with an undisclosed injury. He is officially considered day-to-day. Rubtsov has seven points in his first six games after being acquired by Acadie-Bathurst in a trade with Chicoutimi. The Titan are idle on Saturday and then host the Halifax Mooseheads on Sunday afternoon (3 p.m. ET).

Ok, so nothing obvious I guess.....thanks.

Morin was sent back down to Lehigh Valley. I'm done with this team. They can keep a piece of crap like Manning in the lineup, but won't make room for Morin. Just call me back when the Flyers decide to fire idiot stick behind the bench and bring up Morin on a full time basis. 

Carter Hart named WHL Goaltender of the Month for November

Carter Hart named WHL Goaltender of the Month for November

http://sonsofpenn.com/carter-hart-whl-goaltender-of-the-month-november-shutouts/

Hart was out for the month of October with mono, but has returned with a bang. In the month of November he stopped 313 of the 326 shots he faced for a .960 save percentage, 1.29 goals against average, and a 7-2-0-1 record.

Hart recorded three shutouts in the month, including his record-setting 22nd last week, and also stopped all 20 shots he faced (including several early breakaways) to shutout Team Russia in the Super Series. He was named the first-star of the game four times throughout the month, while he was named the third star once as well.

Through the end of November, Hart led the WHL (and CHL) in goals against average (1.63) and save percentage (.951). He is also tied for the league lead with three shutouts. He celebrated the honors in the only way he knows how, by stopping 32 of the 33 shots he faced in a 3-1 win against the Kamloops Blazers on Friday night.

Help is on the way.............hold on!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

:love:

A real nice prospect article by Brad Philips, who is one of the best Flyers bloggers out there. This features 4 players, Martel, Morgan Frost, Marody and Wade Allison.Gives a lot of background on their journey pre-draft or signing.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-home/the-journey/the-journey-the-stocked-philadelphia-flyers-cupboards/

I had no idea Marody and Allison were kicking such major ass in the NCAA. With all the prospect depth we have, if either one or both hit....wow, that would be awesome, cause I had kinda moved both of them down the prospect chain gang. I had guys like Bunnaman, Frost, maybe even Strome ahead of them. 

Worst case, we keep really sucking and Hexy can pluck a top 7-5 wicked talented forward. Worse things have happened. 

Cooper Marody was actually projected to be a 2nd to 3rd round pick his draft year. He only fell because scouts thought he couldn't put up numbers without Kyle Connor. He's proved them wrong. However, he's going to have to move to the wing if he has any thoughts of making the big club.

As for Allison, what a pick he's turned out to be. He'll fill the Wayne Simmonds/Scott Hartnell role on the club. 

As for all of our prospects, the one guy who I really think has the chance to be something special is Tanner Laczynski from Ohio State. He's one of those guys that consistently flies under the radar, people really don't focus on him, yet at the end of the game, he's on the stat line for usually a goal or a primary assist or some play that turns the tide of the game. The Flyers really do have a great group of prospects and that's a testament to the job Hextall and company have done in terms of reshaping the way the team drafts. Now, if only we had some coaches who could harness and develop that talent....... 

Flyers prospect watch: How soon will Wade Allison go pro?

Wade Allison

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2017/12/02/flyers-prospect-watch-how-soon-wade-allison-go-pro/916636001/

A good read.

Simmer's replacement???

I say sign him for next year.

Give him 2018-19 in the AHL and see where he is at when it is time to make a decision on Simmer.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Carter Hart earns third-consecutive WHL Goaltender of the Week honors

http://sonsofpenn.com/carter-hart-earns-third-consecutive-whl-goaltender-of-the-week-honors/

Keep it going!!!

Man, i really really hope this kid pans out for the Flyers!

And I think Frost could be our Giroux replacement. Seems to have the hands, vision, and hockey IQ.

Of all our prospects, I found this to be the most interesting bit in the article:

Wyatt Kalynuk (Defenseman, Wisconsin)
2017 7th round pick (196th overall)

Wyatt Kalynuk continued his great freshman season this weekend.

He picked up two assists on Friday night before being held off the scoresheet on Saturday.

Kalynuk is right behind Amorosa with 13 points, tying him for the most points by a freshman defenseman and tied for 13th among all defensemen. For reference Dante Fabbro, who was drafted 17th overall in the 2016 NHL draft has 11 points in 17 games in his sophomore season.

Last week: 2 games, 0 goals, 2 assists, 2 points
Season total: 19 games, 1 goal, 12 assists, 13 points

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Man, i really really hope this kid pans out for the Flyers!

And I think Frost could be our Giroux replacement. Seems to have the hands, vision, and hockey IQ.

Of all our prospects, I found this to be the most interesting bit in the article:

Wyatt Kalynuk (Defenseman, Wisconsin)
2017 7th round pick (196th overall)

Wyatt Kalynuk continued his great freshman season this weekend.

He picked up two assists on Friday night before being held off the scoresheet on Saturday.

Kalynuk is right behind Amorosa with 13 points, tying him for the most points by a freshman defenseman and tied for 13th among all defensemen. For reference Dante Fabbro, who was drafted 17th overall in the 2016 NHL draft has 11 points in 17 games in his sophomore season.

Last week: 2 games, 0 goals, 2 assists, 2 points
Season total: 19 games, 1 goal, 12 assists, 13 points

I don't think you'll find a Flyer fan or person who had anything to do with the organization who will say otherwise a lot of hope is riding on Hart.

He isn't the only solid prospect they have but i have seen nothing but good things about the kid. 

I hope he can handle adversity well....doesn't seem like he has had much of it (i'm not saying he hasn't obviously i don't know everything about him)...if he has he certainly will once he gets to the Flyers... (HAHA just a subtle dig).

Flyers have a lot of late round gems. The farm is busting at the seams.

Sure not all will pan out but the more chances you have to more you hit on.

And they are about to draft 10 more this upcoming draft.

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Just from the outside looking in....looks like it might be a 2 way race at the World Jr's Canada goalie job between Hart and DiPietro. The exhibition may create separation between them. 

Well that is a good thing.

Competition brings out the best thing.....i don't believe in giving anyone anything...it must be earned!

May the best man win!

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well that is a good thing.

Competition brings out the best thing.....i don't believe in giving anyone anything...it must be earned!

May the best man win!

I would guess Hart has the edge, having experience from last years WJC and he is red hot right now, has won 3 straight WHL players of the week awards!

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I would guess Hart has the edge, having experience from last years WJC and he is red hot right now, has won 3 straight WHL players of the week awards!

It will work it's self out. Cream always rises to the top.

Speaking of Flyer prosects check this goal out by under the radar pick Olle...

..oh my gollie!!! 

http://sonsofpenn.com/olle-lycksell-shootout-goal-datsyukian-deke-shows-off-hands-sweden/

I would love to see this kid come over early  and get a jumpstart on his career transitioning to the north american game like Hagg did.

Sign him just like Hagg and get 4 years of AHL development for the price of 3!!!

On 12/5/2017 at 8:27 PM, OccamsRazor said:

It will work it's self out. Cream always rises to the top.

Speaking of Flyer prosects check this goal out by under the radar pick Olle...

..oh my gollie!!! 

http://sonsofpenn.com/olle-lycksell-shootout-goal-datsyukian-deke-shows-off-hands-sweden/

I seem to remember Ollie scoring a hat trick in a rookie scrimmage game last fall, no?  I love the way he skates, very fast, fluent and effortless. Looks like one of those kids who is a pure natural. I know they scout Europe way, way better than they used to, but something tells me if Ollie was in the OHL, he would have gone a lot higher than he did. This could be a major coup by Hexy. 

28 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I seem to remember Ollie scoring a hat trick in a rookie scrimmage game last fall, no?  I love the way he skates, very fast, fluent and effortless. Looks like one of those kids who is a pure natural. I know they scout Europe way, way better than they used to, but something tells me if Ollie was in the OHL, he would have gone a lot higher than he did. This could be a major coup by Hexy. 

I would try to get him over for next year.

He'll be 19 so like Hagg his contract wouldn't count and he could end up if need getting 4 years in the AHL like Hagg did.

I think that is what helped Robert fast track him to the NHL ahead of Sam even though they were drafted the same year Sam had to go back to junior and Hagg came over since he was drafted out of the SHL.

So he got an extra year playing against men.

It's not fair but it's the rules!

From Meltzer's blog - bad news for Myers and Morin.

The Phantoms are missing four of their six regular starting defensemen. Philippe Myers and Samuel Morin are both suspected to be out until around Christmas with recurring nagging injuries. Veteran blueliners T.J. Brennan and Mark Alt are on NHL recall with the Flyers. Second-year goalie Alex Lyon is also up with the Flyers, so the team recalled John Muse from the Reading Royals to back up Tokarski.

Archived