LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2017-2018

pilldoc

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/9/2017 at 4:43 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The weight report is old. Martel is at 170 pounds now. He's solid, real solid. I hope he gets a call up. There's a guy on HFBoards who's going off about Martel and said that he won't make it to the Flyers because he's too small and that he can't play in the bottom six because he has to be a top six forward to be successful.

Honestly,  the Flyers have a potential Jonathan Marchessault on their hands. Personally, if I'm the coach, I'd put Martel on a line with Simmonds and Filppula, play Weal with Patrick and Konecny and then keep the fourth line in tact. Lehtera and Weise are the healthy scratches, Read gets sent back to Lehigh Valley. That would be in a perfect world, however, we know in Haktard's world, the grinders like Weise and Lehtera will always have a spot in the lineup because those are the types of players Haktard likes.

Dump make room for him and others. 

20 minutes ago, Jam1986 said:

Dump make room for him and others. 

I agree. I would sit Weise and add him, but for as much as I didn't (and still don't) like the Schenn for Lehtera deal, the jury is still a little bit out on it. They need a more physical presence and Martel would add it, and an enforcer if need be.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:41 PM, FD19372 said:

I agree. I would sit Weise and add him, but for as much as I didn't (and still don't) like the Schenn for Lehtera deal, the jury is still a little bit out on it. They need a more physical presence and Martel would add it, and an enforcer if need be.

You mean Schenn for two first round picks. Lehtera was a cash dump. We won't know the value of the trade until we see what we get from those two picks, which will take a while obviously.

That said, I've never been a Schenn fan. I really don't see what the team is missing with him now gone. He only did one thing reasonably well, which is score on the pp, and the pp isn't doing any worse this year than last (18% this year 19% last year). Schenn was absolute garbage 5v5. Not only was he unproductive, his inability to play any form of defense made him a liability more often than not.

So to get two first round picks for a guy who was really just a one trick pony, and who's contribution was very likely not so much the result of his ability but rather that of his pp linemates... I'm still 100% fine with it. If either of those two first rounders turns into a solid top six forward, it will have been worth it. Of course, we won't know that for likely a few years yet, but that's fine.

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow what is going on with the Phantoms.

They lose 6-2 to Belleville Sens.

They have given up 11 goals over last two games.

Mike Vecchione scores the only 2 goals for Phantoms.

2???!!! Call him up, Hextall.

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

They'll just put him between Lehtera and Wiese!!

:DancingGrape:

That's the crazy thing - I have no idea where they'd put Vecchione if he got a callup. I'd like to see him, honestly. I think he has long-term NHL potential, probably as a bottom 6 player, hopefully 3rd line C.

The only way that works right now is if Patrick moves up to the 2nd line and he and Filppula flip flop as needed. That might give Patrick a nice veteran on his line to take draws when needed.

G/C/V

Weal/Patrick/Filppula

Konecny/Vecchione/Simmer

Raffl/Laughton/Leier

2 hours ago, brelic said:

That's the crazy thing - I have no idea where they'd put Vecchione if he got a callup. I'd like to see him, honestly. I think he has long-term NHL potential, probably as a bottom 6 player, hopefully 3rd line C.

The only way that works right now is if Patrick moves up to the 2nd line and he and Filppula flip flop as needed. That might give Patrick a nice veteran on his line to take draws when needed.

G/C/V

Weal/Patrick/Filppula

Konecny/Vecchione/Simmer

Raffl/Laughton/Leier

G/C/V

Weal/Patrick/Konecny

Filppula/Vecchione/Simmer

Leier/Laughton/Raffl

I would just flip TK and VF.

It would give Patrick some small yet fast playmakers on both sides of him.

And Filppula might be better at LW than his off wing. And yes no Wiese and Lehtera me likey!

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow what is going on with the Phantoms.

They lose 6-2 to Belleville Sens.

They have given up 11 goals over last two games.

Mike Vecchione scores the only 2 goals for Phantoms.

The same thing in Lehigh Valley is happening in Philadelphia. Once the smoke and mirrors are gone and it's getting a quarter of the way into the season, we're seeing how badly exposed these teams are getting by the lack of quality coaching. Haktard is showing how inept he is by using a system that simply doesn't fit his personnel and Gordon just has zero clue on what he needs to do to develop players. To make matters worse, there are assistants in Philadelphia who have no business being behind the bench (namely Laperriere and Murphy) and there are assistants in both Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley who are basically victims of circumstance (Knoblauch, Dillabaugh, Huffman). Until Hextall cleans up the coaching mess and hires capable guys who can do the job of developing and winning, we're going to see more of the same. So fed up with the ineptitude shown by this franchise. Man up Hextall, admit you goofed up the coaching hires, fire these clowns and bring in real coaches who can fix this and utilize the talent that's available to them.

58 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

How do they expect Simmonds to get the offense going when he’s on the second line with two stiffs. Weal and Weise are fourth liners at best and I still not convinced Weal is a legit NHL player.

Weal definitely is. 

Phantoms with another win top Bridgeport 5 to 4.

Phil Myers hurt again. Well we were always saying one of these great defensemen they have collected might not make it. Well right now my money's on Myers guy just gets hurt with a strong gust of wind off a skater going by. It sucks.

2 hours ago, brelic said:

@OccamsRazor I️ hear ya about Myers. Man, I️ hope he can find a healthy streak. 

Rubtsov worries me too. Injured again.

Damn didn't see that. Yeah Flyers need to invest in some bubble wrap suits for these kids.

Image result for bubble wrap suit

Worth the investment. Might hinder stat production.

Archived