pilldoc

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, elmatus said:

@brelic

#GetHexyOnThePhone

15 hours ago, brelic said:

Me: "Hey, Hexy, ever hear of a defenseman named Wyatt Wylie? He plays with Carter Hart."

Hextall: "Hmm, does he play goal?"

Me: "What? Um. No. He's a defenseman."

Hextall: "Perfect! I'll sign him to a PTO contract and he can suit up in goal tonight. Get him on the next flight to Pittsburgh!"

Me: "Wait!!!"

Hextall: "Don't worry, we've got about 4 extra sets of goalie pads. Helluva year."

Looks like I’m missing the joke. Just trying to post on a possible 2018 pick 

Hart pitches another shutout last night against a good Winterhawks team.

.944 save % and 1.92 GAA

edit: he missed 9 minutes of the game due to an equipment issue so no shutout, even though he didn't allow a goal for the 3rd time this postseason.

7 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

I don't think he's knocking your scouting assessment (I for one appreciate them) just making a joke about (go figure) Flyer goaltending.

22 hours ago, Claude Monet said:

Yes, sorry CM... it wasn’t directed at you at all. We were making a joke about Hextall being so desperate for a goalie, he’d just ask any player he signs to play goal. 

I think they should snag a defenseman with one of their 2018 1st round picks. Unless they package both (and Simmonds?) to move up. 

11 minutes ago, brelic said:

Yes, sorry CM... it wasn’t directed at you at all. We were making a joke about Hextall being so desperate for a goalie, he’d just ask any player he signs to play goal. 

I think they should snag a defenseman with one of their 2018 1st round picks. Unless they package both (and Simmonds?) to move up. 

No worries. I had a few beers in me so my comprehension skills were a bit off😜

i am a fan of moving up with those two picks if it is a player Hextall wants. 

The defensman I mentioned would be a mid rounder imo.  I have noticed him in the last few games I caught.  Seems very smart and can move the puck. Can’t seem to find him in any kind of ranking though.

6 hours ago, brelic said:

So is Varone a career AHLer?  It's so strange how players can dominate at the AHL level and still not get a shot. 

It happens...I can't say cause I haven't seen him play recently. He was a pretty good junior, the only knock on him was size and strength. The size doesn't have the big effect it used to and I'm sure by now strength isn't an issue.

Maybe he gets a look on the bottom six in camp?

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nice 1st goal......

..big body out front...

Phantoms win 5-2.

He's gonna score a lot of goals like that throughout his career. I had to watch it again because I thought he was planted there, but it's clear that the defenseman lost sight of him (although, how do you lose sight of a 6'6 forward). He's going to be lethal on the 2nd PP unit. Such a good pick. Once he fills out to the 230 - 240 mark, he's going to be impossible to move from the front. 

58 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He's gonna score a lot of goals like that throughout his career. I had to watch it again because I thought he was planted there, but it's clear that the defenseman lost sight of him (although, how do you lose sight of a 6'6 forward). He's going to be lethal on the 2nd PP unit. Such a good pick. Once he fills out to the 230 - 240 mark, he's going to be impossible to move from the front. 

He sure looks like the perfect replacement for Simmonds in front of the net...scores a lot of goals there. Pretty big screen as well. 

And ya, when he fills out good luck moving him.

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Looks like the Bunny man and Frost are about to square off in OHL playoffs.

Should be a good one.

The Soo look like a team that ran away with the league title early. They're not playing as well as they did through the season. The good thing is, they've got enough talent to get away with it. They'd better get their collective heads out of their arses though.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

The Soo look like a team that ran away with the league title early. They're not playing as well as they did through the season. The good thing is, they've got enough talent to get away with it. They'd better get their collective heads out of their arses though.

I guess we could see the loser joining the Phantoms for their playoff run.

Nice some good news....

http://insideahlhockey.com/article/phantoms-playoff-practice-update-41818

Practice lines:

Greg Carey - Phil Varone - Alex Krushelnyski
Danick Martel - Mike Vecchione - Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Tyrell Goulbourne - Cole Bardreau - Colin McDonald
Isaac Ratcliffe - Corban Knight - Chris Conner

T.J. Brennan - Mark Friedman
Will O'Neill - Max Lamarche
Sam Morin - Reece Willcox
James de Haas - Phil Myers
David Drake

Alex Lyon - Dustin Tokarski

Injured defensemen Sam Morin, Phil Myers and James de Haas were all full participants in practice while injured forward Mikhail Vorobyev joined the team in a limited capacity wearing a non-contact yellow jersey.

For Morin, who has been out since January 20th's Outdoor Classic in Hershey, he's eager to return to the Phantoms' lineup and Gordon referred to his status as "encouraging" in regards to returning to the lineup. Morin was paired primarily with Reece Willcox in practice Wednesday.

Phil Myers has ditched the walking boot he was seen wearing in the past few weeks, and was also a full participant - skating on defense routinely with James de Haas.

Alright playoff hockey tonight for the Phantoms....

Great to see Sam in the lineup again.

I think the higher seed team gets the option of playing the 1st two games on the road and have the last 3 at home in best of 5 series.

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think the higher seed team gets the option of playing the 1st two games on the road and have the last 3 at home in best of 5 series.

Correct.  It can backfire on you though.  You lose two on the road then you're forced to win 3 in a row at home. And you risk getting swept because now the lower seeded team has all the momentum.

1 minute ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Correct.  It can backfire on you though.  You lose two on the road then you're forced to win 3 in a row at home. And you risk getting swept because now the lower seeded team has all the momentum.

Yes it does but the Flyers have a pretty decent roster to boot.

And they could be getting Sanheim and Lindblom back after tonight. Myers is rumored to be a go for game #2.

However it is risky it is like in the NFL to prefer to kick the ball off and and receive it come the 2nd half...it's risk. 

Yet i can see the need to do it i guess.

Wow what a lucky goal by Martel...

giphy.gif

...nice goal by Carey...

giphy.gif

...then Martel takes the nice pass from Myers for his 2nd of the game...

giphy.gif

...Phantoms need just 2 more wins in 4 games to do it!!!!

Phantoms didn't fare so good today lost 5-3.

Lyon with the loss gives up 4 goals.

One short, one PP and a empty net goal.

Series tied 1-1.

Back to LV for the final 3 games.

Archived