G on wing

King Knut

5 hours ago, vis said:

Agree completely with this.  

Regarding (a), case in point was the 2 on 0 the other night and they failed to get a shot off.

Regarding (b), Giroux has looked better than last year but still not "fast."  No one would ever describe Couturier as fast.  Jake is OK, but not a blazer.  They don't play smart enough to make up for lack of speed.

Regarding (c), it does create matchup issues for the other team, but I get concerned about overall faceoff depth.  They're a weaker faceoff team overall as a result.

If I thought they'd score a ton, I'd give up the face offs happily.  But I don't think those three belong together at all and it highlights troubles me that hak would. 

Looks like another game with G on the wing...since they are experimenting so to speak why not put Patrick between Giroux and Jake??

It's just a preseason game.

UPDATE 10:45 AM

Projected Flyers lineup:

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier -93 Jakub Voracek
40 Jordan Weal - 64 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
11 Travis Konecny - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 22 Dale Weise
15 Jori Lehterä - 21 Scott Laughton - 24 Matt Read

9 Ivan Provorov - 57 Travis Sanheim
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas
50 Sam Morin - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

30 Michal Neuvirth
[37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches: Oskar Lindblom, Taylor Leier, Michael Raffl, Andrew MacDonald, Robert Hägg.

I imagine the last game you will see the actual roster together i would be nice for them to get a game under their belt before playing a meaningful game.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Looks like another game with G on the wing...since they are experimenting so to speak why not put Patrick between Giroux and Jake??

It's just a preseason game.

Especially since Patrick actually will shoot the puck.

@AJgoal and @OccamsRazor

I saw Patrick with G and Jake more than a few times last game, same with Vorobyev. I don't know if it was lines out of alignment, or deliberate, but I'd be willing to bet that Couturier hasn't 'cemented' his spot as a #1 C on this team. It will be fluid as the season goes on. 

6 minutes ago, brelic said:

but I'd be willing to bet that Couturier hasn't 'cemented' his spot as a #1 C on this team.

No he hasn't. Being the 2nd line center is pushing his limits. He is best slotted as the 3rd line shutdown center. Ain't nothing wrong with that it is an important role still.

I think G goes back to center and the Flyers will start with Lehtera as the 2nd line center if Patrick doesn't make it. Doesn't mean Lehtera will stay there just maybe start there...

8 minutes ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

Well, he did score 96 points two years in a row seven or so years ago, against kids, so there's that.

he too was a kid. 

however your point is taken, that was a long time ago in a hockey league far far away.

Archived