MacDonald

Samifan

2 hours ago, radoran said:

So, he's paid more than triple what you think he's worth and was signed for two years longer (he'd already be gone on a three year deal) and has all of 45 points in 186 games as a Flyer and he gets too much criticism? 

OK, fine.

He's producing points at the same rate as Radko Gudas and Robert Hagg this season. Manning has five times as many points (5) in 10 more games. Of the other defence regulars you can't even put him in the same sentence as Ghost and Provorov (I realize I just did) with regard to point production.

"Correlation is not causation"

This team has much bigger problems than MacDonald's injury.

For the record, I agree MacDud is "an NHL player" - he's just terribly overpaid and no where near good enough to be a top 4 in this league - on a good team.

I said $1.5M but he might be worth a little more.  Let's say he's worth half of his contract.

All I'm saying is he does add value to the team and his presence is missed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, icehole said:

I said $1.5M but he might be worth a little more. 

Mcdud should of signed a contract close to what Schultz did a few years back.

2.25 mill is right where he should be paid...then he would draw the ire of mad Flyer fans....i think.

20 hours ago, icehole said:

I said $1.5M but he might be worth a little more.  Let's say he's worth half of his contract.

All I'm saying is he does add value to the team and his presence is missed.

A team that "misses" Andrew MacDonald is just not that good in the first place.

12 hours ago, radoran said:

A team that "misses" Andrew MacDonald is just not that good in the first place.

I disagree.

If sports were only about the production I'm right there with you, however, there are other things that come into play with teams. For whatever reason MacDonald was voted to be a leader for this group and was a calming influence for everyone.

Perhaps a team that doesn't have 4 rookies playing significant minutes doesn't miss him, alas that's not the team we cheer for.

It may be damning with faint praise, but MacDonald played well until he was injured, he seemed to be providing the team more value than appears on the score sheet.  That happens.

That said I will be happy for the day when his contract is over and the Flyers D-corps is filled with our draftees, who are kicking ass.

Archived