MacDonald

Samifan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care if he wins nice guy, team player awards. I want the team to put the best players they can on the ice that give them a chance to win. MacDonald doesn't do that. They also don't give players who could use NHL experience a chance because he takes up a roster spot.

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Most of us here either, hate him, hate his contract, or both but apparently his coaches and teammates love him. 

Your prayers have been answered. The break Morin needed......

Andrew MacDonald will miss 4-6 weeks with a lower-body injury

giphy.gif

...but i'm sure they won't recall him they will just put Manning out there....

Man, that stinks for MacDonald. Guess Morin gets to come up and prove he belongs. Ideally, I'd play Gudas with Provorov long term, but if I had to guess how the coaches will shake it up, they'll go:

Provorov - Hagg

Morin - Ghost

Sanheim - Gudas

If only because I don't think they'll put two rookies together. 

4 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Man, that stinks for MacDonald. Guess Morin gets to come up and prove he belongs. Ideally, I'd play Gudas with Provorov long term, but if I had to guess how the coaches will shake it up, they'll go:

Provorov - Hagg

Morin - Ghost

Sanheim - Gudas

If only because I don't think they'll put two rookies together. 

Well i just hope Sam seizes this opportunity like Ghost did when Streit went down and never gives it up....

1 minute ago, darthbal said:

I hope that Morin gets called up and given a chance to play.

But, I have a funny feeling that Manning will get the bulk of the games until MacDonald comes back...

I hope not.

Morin can do everything Manning can do and he has upside Manning doesn't have.

They need to give Sam some love.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope not.

Morin can do everything Manning can do and he has upside Manning doesn't have.

They need to give Sam some love.

I totally agree

Sam deserves to be on this team. He got screwed at the start of the season, and should have been playing.

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

Most of us here either, hate him, hate his contract, or both but apparently his coaches and teammates love him. 

I'm sure we get the sugar coated version. What they say in private is another story!! no one will tell the media "I hate his fing guts and wish he was not on the team"!!!!!!

No one would hate MacDonald if he was paid half of what he was making and was used where he should be (5th/6th defenseman)...unfortunately, that's not the case 

Sucks that he got injured, but this is good news for Morin 

5 hours ago, AJgoal said:

That just screams damage control to me. 

Yeah, a total PR piece.  However, he has been pretty decent this year (not $4.7m good) and doesn't deserve a lot of the hate he receives.  It's clear he is valued by his coaches and teammates.  Guy is a professional and stand-up guy.  

That said, I hope we now get a long look at Morin.

Saw a tweet that "people" are celebrating MacDonald's injury.

What the **** is wrong with "people "?

The booing the guy at the home opener was classless yet typical,  somehow this feels worse.

The man is an NHL player who makes 2 million more a year than "people" think he should.

This is an unnecessary level of fan engagement.

assholes.

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

The booing the guy at the home opener was classless yet typical,  somehow this feels worse.

The man is an NHL player who makes 2 million more a year than "people" think he should.

assholes.

Yep.  Ridiculous.  People are terrible.

11 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

assholes.

Well i'm not sure if you ever heard the story before but they did throw snowballs at Santa before...

...so you'd expect in today's time with folks being able to say whatever they want on social media (most of it something they would never say to a person's face without swallowing their teeth) and not having to account for it i must say i'm not shocked.

Sadly.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well i'm not sure if you ever heard the story before but they did throw snowballs at Santa before...

...so you'd expect in today's time with folks being able to say whatever they want on social media (most of it something they would never say to a person's face without swallowing their teeth) and not having to account for it i must say i'm not shocked.

Sadly.

That is all true.

Those facts don't make those actions any less tasteless and puerile either. 

Just now, mojo1917 said:

Those facts don't make those actions any less tasteless and puerile either. 

Sure.

It is the new norm. Chickenshits are abundant.

Just like no one runs to help anyone anymore today....they pull out their phone and film it.

Sad this world is going to hell in a handbasket......

Archived