Is Brock Boeser the next captain for the Canucks?

hf101

Boeser seems to be the real deal and his stats this season are rather impressive through 41 career games.

Boeser  22G  15A  37PTS

Matthews  21G  16A  37PTS

Laine   21G  15A  36PTS

Boeser is also in 5th place in the NHL with 19 goals so far this season led by Ovechkin (23), Kucherov (23), Lee (21), and Tavares (21) and leads all rookies in points. 

With Daniel and Henrik's contracts ending at the end of the season could Boeser be the next Captain of the Canucks?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2017 at 9:31 AM, hf101 said:

Boeser seems to be the real deal and his stats this season are rather impressive through 41 career games.

Boeser  22G  15A  37PTS

Laine   21G  15A  36PTS

Boeser is also in 5th place in the NHL with 19 goals so far this season led by Ovechkin (23), Kucherov (23), Lee (21), and Tavares (21) and leads all rookies in points. 

With Daniel and Henrik's contracts ending at the end of the season could Boeser be the next Captain of the Canucks?

He was the kid i suggested the Flyers trade Simmer for way earlier in the season if you at the trade thread....yet that was before he had this awesome breakout season.....now the Flyers would have to ship a lot for this guy....so it will never happen now.

Oh well i tried.

• 4 weeks later...

I've never correlated points or All-star MVP voting to "captain" of a team. I have no idea what Boeser is like as a leader....but that would be the deciding factor for me....not points. or a meaningless (as far as wearing a "C" goes) All-star MVP.

Here are some previous Allstar MVPs who I'd never give a C to...

John Scott

Marian Gaborik

Alex Kovalev

Danny Heatley

Brett Hull

Reggie Leach

Bruce Gamble

There are way too many players that put up points but aren't exactly leaders to list.

Edited by flyercanuck

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I've never correlated points or All-star MVP voting to "captain" of a team. I have no idea what Boeser is like as a leader....but that would be the deciding factor for me....not points. or a meaningless (as far as wearing a "C" goes) All-star MVP.

Here are some previous Allstar MVPs who I'd never give a C to...

John Scott

Marian Gaborik

Alex Kovalev

Danny Heatley

Brett Hull

Reggie Leach

Bruce Gamble

Actually, I just stuck the MVP post in the opened thread on him.  But was reading an article on him in "The Athletic"  this morning.( I'll get the link later)  Quite an interesting story.  Captained USA to a bronze medal at the 2014-15 Ivan Hlinka Tournament. He also was an assistant captain for North Dakota his sophomore season... so there is that.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2017 at 9:31 AM, hf101 said:

Boeser  22G  15A  37PTS

Laine   21G  15A  36PTS

Terrible to see the kid get hurt. He would make a great Captain. I love a guy who leads by example.

Had he not got hurt i think he would have broke Pavel Bure's rookie record of 34 goals.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...