Giroux for Hart

brelic

G is still suk

that article makes a good point about Ovechkin too, no one is talking about his 50 goal pace, or that his team is again bidding for a division title.

With regard to Giroux, looks more and more like last year's struggles were health related. Perhaps  last year will be the statistical outlier rather than the beginning of a trend.  He's been really good this year, except when they lose then he's the worst.

7 hours ago, colorado_al said:

But if he was team first...

Yeah it is frustrating as hell to see him do this like the first shot of last game instead of putting it on net for a rebound he tries the back hand pass to Konecny.

giphy.gif

TK might of put the rebound in....it ain't just him though it is a most of the team....they are a reflection of the Captain i guess.

G is 5th on the team in SOG Ghost and Ivan have more than he does. And Coots leads the team followed by Jake.

But the guy who really pisses me off that i never hear no one mention is Filppula....

...in 67 games he has 62 SOG are you kidding me that is less than one shot a game....down right terrible and averaging almost 17 minutes a night.....and yet he leads the team with shooting percentage at 16% but he won't SHOOT THE MOTHERF**KING PUCK!

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah it is frustrating as hell to see him do this like the first shot of last game instead of putting it on net for a rebound he tries the back hand pass to Konecny.

how good is G's backhand  ?

probably not as good as Koneckny's forehand.

in a nutshell that's what I think when i watch that play,  G doesn't have time to put the puck on his forehand and his momentum is carrying him away from that being a good play.  he sees a good player breaking to the net on his strong side... seems like I higher percentage play than shoveling a backhand in there.  I know he's a pro and an elite one at that so he probably has "that shot".  I don't think he's trying to be too cute, i think he thought 11 had a better chance than he did.

Compare that to Crosby on the 2 on 1 with Sheary, Crosby was already on his strong side and could pick 5 hole or big rebound. Sheary had the presence of mind to pull up for the rebound. They were not skating balls out either, Crosby slowed that down, it was a nice read by him.

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

in a nutshell that's what I think when i watch that play,  G doesn't have time to put the puck on his forehand and his momentum is carrying him away from that being a good play. 

I mean a back hand shot on net not switch to his forehand....look for rebound. TK was right there his backhand pass sure wasn't good.

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

in a nutshell that's what I think when i watch that play,  G doesn't have time to put the puck on his forehand and his momentum is carrying him away from that being a good play.  he sees a good player breaking to the net on his strong side... seems like I higher percentage play than shoveling a backhand in there.  I know he's a pro and an elite one at that so he probably has "that shot".  I don't think he's trying to be too cute, i think he thought 11 had a better chance than he did.

And that is the nutshell is what is wrong with this club. Pass pass pass pass....sometimes you have to shoot the damn puck and who knows what happens rebounds and deflection can turn into goals ask Manning. SHOOT THE PUCK!!!!

giphy.gif

You saw the Pens taking shots from everywhere, this play wasn't planned...but look what happens when you shoot!

Even the commentators were saying the same thing during the game about the Flyers.

>> And that is the nutshell is what is wrong with this club. Pass pass pass pass....sometimes you have to shoot the damn puck 

And I've got to look back at the coach for this entire problem.   In school, you teach players to pass more than shoot.   This team is being coached like they were freshmen in school.  I'm sick and tired of this approach. 

Getting a pro coach in here is long overdue and the frustration grows with every pass that doesn't work.   We have the players ( at least on the O side ).   But we have a JV coach teaching a JV system.

>> how good is G's backhand  ?

>> probably not as good as Koneckny's forehand.

If he thought it was good enough to make a low percentage pass and get it on Koneckny's stick .... it should be good enough to hit a wide open net 5 feet in front of him....   come on... your logic suffers.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

giphy.gif

TK might of put the rebound in....it ain't just him though it is a most of the team....they are a reflection of the Captain i guess.

G is 5th on the team in SOG Ghost and Ivan have more than he does. And Coots leads the team followed by Jake.

But the guy who really pisses me off that i never hear no one mention is Filppula....

...in 67 games he has 62 SOG are you kidding me that is less than one shot a game....down right terrible and averaging almost 17 minutes a night.....and yet he leads the team with shooting percentage at 16% but he won't SHOOT THE MOTHERF**KING PUCK!

Take a good look at this vid.  As soon as G gets the puck on his stick the keeper is already looking for a pass.   The book is out on G... he'll pass 95 percent of the time.  It's like an assist is way more important to him than a goal that could give his team a chance to win.  It's sad.  I don't know who I'd stick on the C on but G is either misguided or doesn't deserve the C.... maybe both.

33 minutes ago, colorado_al said:

Take a good look at this vid.  As soon as G gets the puck on his stick the keeper is already looking for a pass.   The book is out on G... he'll pass 95 percent of the time.  It's like an assist is way more important to him than a goal that could give his team a chance to win.  It's sad.  I don't know who I'd stick on the C on but G is either misguided or doesn't deserve the C.... maybe both.

I agree.

It would be a low percentage shot.

But it was a low percentage pass as well.

So if you ask me which would i prefer i would take the low percentage shot all day long over a pass.

Besides on the low percentage shot you might have a chance for two shots.

Can't be said about the pass.

1 hour ago, colorado_al said:

>> how good is G's backhand  ?

>> probably not as good as Koneckny's forehand.

If he thought it was good enough to make a low percentage pass and get it on Koneckny's stick .... it should be good enough to hit a wide open net 5 feet in front of him....   come on... your logic suffers.

I disagree with you.

the net is not wide open.

in fact, Jarry looks pretty square to the puck, even in the gif which is not the angle G had.

the shot wouldn't have been high percentage, and it was on his backhand. 

plus it looked like G was rushing there, even in slow motion that play developed quickly

I don't think this is the play where people's knickers should be twisting.  there was another more egregious example of over passing with 14 involved where Jarry was down and all the Flyers were passing the puck around the back of the net.  

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And that is the nutshell is what is wrong with this club. Pass pass pass pass....sometimes you have to shoot the damn puck and who knows what happens rebounds and deflection can turn into goals ask Manning. SHOOT THE PUCK!!!!

giphy.gif

You saw the Pens taking shots from everywhere, this play wasn't planned...but look what happens when you shoot!

Even the commentators were saying the same thing during the game about the Flyers.

that play was so dipped in **** lucky i could hardly stand it.

props to that little ****** sheary though, he was able to react to that and make a play, Mrazek had no shot to stop that carom.

I think if the Flyers started shooting FIRST, it would buy us a few easy goals cause the book on the flyers is they will always pass.  It's getting pretty bad when the NBC staff even notice it ( and even comment on it ).

You kind of hit the nail on the head when you said the play developed fast and G didn't have time to think... Well, you saw the result... his first thought is to pass... even if it's low percentage.   That about tells it all.

Archived