Flyers not ready to play..... again

colorado_al

I attended the Panthers Flyers game in Sunrise this past March when we lost 4-1.  We've had problems with the Panthers the past few years.  It is not quite as bad as Pitt but a faster, more skilled team with an excellent top line made us look slow and goofy.  We can do a season post mortem after this series ends. Meanwhile it's safe to say we have many, many deficiencies.

While Hexy is patient, I think the off-season will require some trades to fix gaps immediately.  On another front--I worry about what this series will do the youngins psychologically?  Is this really a good "learning experience?"  I really wonder if it will make them think about the wisdom of their GM or competence of their coach?

There was some interesting talk "stuff" themes in the blogosphere.  One topic: Has Hak "lost the squad?"  The second was dearth of scoring from G, V, and Simmonds, and whether the latter is really "damaged goods" who won't get much in trade anymore.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imo hak lost this team a while ago... This playoff series is imo  the last straw. the lack of in game coaching and adjustments not being made when they are glaringly obviously even to novice hockey fans, let alone RABID  hockey fans, not to mention the professional players who he is supposed to be coaching to give them the best chance of winning , and he does nothing or something so off the boards (wall) it's frustrating as hell to us fans... what do you imagine the guys on the team feel or think ? I'm sure there's been quite a few WTF moments on the bench ,if not out loud then definitely thought of in their heads

This is the best start for this team in the series. Keep it going, boys. I think they win this one. The hardest one to win will probably be Game 6 with the pressure of having to win in front of the home crowd.

I don't know if they can keep it up... Raf needed to score.  The way the pens dive and the way these home refs call penalties, it's almost a sure thing they'll get at least one.   But so far... so good.

Archived