In game observations

RonJeremy

The corporate bean counters will be happy! 3 home gates. They don't even know who Sean Couturier is. Interesting off season to come. If Hextall targets 8th place again  i will drive to wells fargo and vomit in the parking lot. Maybe he can trade for Jake Gentzal. The Flyers turned him into a star today. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate these guys lost like they did.

But I wanted them to get a taste of playoff hockey so they know what it takes to compete in the hardest playoffs of any sport.

I hate to watch Ivan fight back tears yet I'm proud of him for owning his mistake. It didn't cost them the game it was all the mistakes and turnovers that cost them the game.

Regardless this will burn in their hearts and mind and motivate them in the offseason and help push them come next season.

As the old saying goed it isn't how hard you can hit it's about how hard you can get hit and get up and keep moving forward.

Ron has a tough task. He must root out the ones who don't belong and that starts with the guys that coach the kids.

Then go throughout the roster. There are some good pieces to work with.

This is what Hextall, is trying to build, a culture, a mentality to drive to be better. He puts a lot of emphasis on who the players are that play for the Flyers organization in regards to who he goes after. Also to have a good head on their shoulders.

I would think if he goes and signs Taveras it would be a big boost to this team.

As much as their is a distaste for Hakstol, he has honestly built his players to think of themselves as one group as a team, a foundation that will go a long way to understanding, that to play for the Flyers is something that you go out there and earn it.

Now I know many say what about that bum that's playing instead of so and so.

Well the culture is first go with the vets, since they've already pay their dues, then go with the youngins' if they can make the "team" better.

He has benched vets though after a while, case in point Weise, I liked how Weise use to play before, don't know what happened to his game since coming over to the Flyers, but he really does have some skill and hand-eye coordination, but I guess he might of lossed his confidence, he was suppose to be a more skilled Ryan White and I liked White. I know that if they had players like White (good Weise) playing against the Pens, we could of shaken up the Pens. Gudas wasn't intimidating anybody and having them work for it to be near the crease.

This was definitely a building block for our youth to get a taste of what's at stake to make it in this second season, where real hockey is played. Al in all a well spent building year to have gone through.

14 hours ago, murraycraven said:

He is a disaster....   Why Sanheim is sitting in the rafters is beyond me.

And another ****** game by Couts!    Am I right @hf101.?   

Sanheim might have been in the game if the Hakstol chose to play 11 F and 7 D.  Sanheim really wasn't that effective vs Pittsburgh in a physical role.   Will he be better next season, yep.   I think Gudas will be on the roster again next season, maybe Hextall pulls off a trade, but with him only 1 year in on a 3-year contract I think he is here at least through next season.

As far as the deserving winner of the 2018 Selke trophy, Couturier, goes, what more is there to say?  He has taken his role to a new level this season and I have nothing but positives to say.  My comments last year were not wrong in where I felt he needed to take his game to on this team.  Pointing out that he needed to take his play to the net, engage more in physical play and get faster were all areas of his game that were desperately needed by the Flyers, and Hakstol has done a great job developing him to a # 1 center over the last 3 years.

So how about this one... Next season Couturier will wear an "A" on his jersey.

11 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Maybe he can trade for Jake Gentzal. The Flyers turned him into a star today. 

He already was a playoff to star to anyone paying attention outside Philly.   The guy is okay through the regular season, but he's incredible in the playoffs.   He was last year.

38 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I think Gudas will be on the roster again next season, maybe Hextall pulls off a trade,

I think you're right, and I think that's a tragedy.  He's single-handedly blocking several kids at once and is entirely worthless in his own right.   But what are they going to do?  I suppose Hex might be able to move him if he's willing to not get much for him.  But his play has been bad.   I really believe he's been neutered by the league and his game destroyed as a result, but the reality is that he's no longer worth the roster spot in Philly.    That said, yeah, he will likely be on the roster again next season.

47 minutes ago, hf101 said:

So how about this one... Next season Couturier will wear an "A" on his jersey.

hope you don't mind...but I took your thought and created a thread for this idea. :)

Archived