Game 21: Flyers at Sabres 11/21/18 7:30 pm

OccamsRazor

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Image result for alex lyon save gif

Yes. See what the kid can do. Can't be worse than Pickard.

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 40 Jordan Weal - 17 Wayne Simmonds
21 Scott Laughton- 15 Jori Lehterä - 22 Dale Weise 

9 Ivan Provorov - 8 Robert Hägg
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 47 Andrew MacDonald
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

34 Alex Lyon / 33 Cal Pickard

Scratches: 26 Christian Folin (healthy), 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel (healthy), 37 Brian Elliott (lower body), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 12 Michael Raffl (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

SABRES

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 29 Jason Pominville
43 Conor Sheary - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 21 Kyle Okposo
72 Tage Thompson - 17 Vladimir Sobotka - 23 Sam Reinhart 
10 Patrik Berglund - 22 Johan Larsson - 28 Zegmus Girgensons

55 Rasmus Ristolainen - 19 Jake McCabe 
26 Rasmus Dahlin - 4 Zach Bogosian
6 Marco Scandella - 8 Casey Nelson

40 Carter Hutton / 35 Linus Ullmark

Scratches: 6 Marco Scandella (questionable, lower body injury), 20 Scott Wilson (IR, ankle fracture), 71 Evan Rodrigues (healthy), 81 Remi Elie (healthy), 82 Nathan Beaulieu (healthy).

Image result for alex lyon in goaltending gif

Now let's go get the win!!!!!

It sucks that Mcdud is back in the lineup over Folin again. I hate this!

Just now, Hockey Junkie said:

The Lumina is history  Like the Flyers might be for this year soon.  If they keep up the turnovers.

Alright if you are going to talk smack come back and get your medicine when you guys get spanked.

Ok???

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Alright if you are going to talk smack come back and get your medicine when you guys get spanked.

Ok???

You so sure about that?  I mean, look at our record and look at yours.  See the team with a W6 next to it.  See the team that is not a mess with its goaltenders.  Are you crazy?

2 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You so sure about that?

Sure about what??

I never claimed anything like you are.

All i said if you guys get spanked come back and take the sh it talking like a man don't go hide.

The way you guys are playing compared to the way they are playing now inserterting the backup goalie from the AHL combined with the struggling PP and PK your Sabers should handily beat the Flyers.

Should.

Guess we'll see. But if you guys get spanked please come back and take it like a man is all.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure about what??

All i said if you guys get spanked come back and take the sh it talking like a man don't go hide.

The way you guys are playing compared to the way they are playing now inserterting the backup goalie from the AHL combined with the struggling PP and PK your Sabers should handily beat the Flyers.

Should.

Guess we'll see. But if you guys get spanked please come back and take it like a man is all.

This game is far bigger for the Flyers than us.  Yes i agree we should beat them.  If this kid stands on his head, who knows.  Or if we have a goal fest. And that is possible.  I am about to go see if Housley is going with Ullmark?  Its possible.  He is unbeaten also. The Sabres seem to play very well on the road, even though they are 6-2-2 at home.  They are confident and if the other team is up, they do not panic.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure about what??

Should.

And I am not going anywhere  If we get beat, its no big deal.  If you get beat it might be a big deal to your GM.  I have a lead on Pilldoc right now. I want to see where that goes. I will be around win or lose.  If the Sabres blow the Flyers out this place will be deader than 4 o'clock and you know it

1 minute ago, Hockey Junkie said:

This game is far bigger for the Flyers than us.  Yes i agree we should beat them.  If this kid stands on his head, who knows.  Or if we have a goal fest. And that is possible.  I am about to go see if Housley is going with Ullmark?  Its possible.  He is unbeaten also. The Sabres seem to play very well on the road, even though they are 6-2-2 at home.  They are confident and if the other team is up, they do not panic.

The pressure is on the Sabres at home against a team that is struggling....yeah...we'll see what happens when pressure is applied.

If Flyers can come out and play like they did vs Tampa towards the end of the game i like their chances.

If Lyon can make some key/routine even saves to give them a chance the Flyers could make this a game.

Flyers have to stay out the box and we they don't the PK and goalie needs to give them a chance.

The JVR and the PP gang need to capitalize on their chances. #fingerscrossed

The pressure is on the Sabres at home against a team that is struggling....yeah...we'll see what happens when pressure is applied.

If Flyers can come out and play like they did vs Tampa towards the end of the game i like their chances.

If Lyon can make some key/routine even saves to give them a chance the Flyers could make this a game.

Flyers have to stay out the box and we they don't the PK and goalie needs to give them a chance.

The JVR and the PP gang need to capitalize on their chances. #fingerscrossed

No pressure when you win 4 games you are expected to lose and have won 6 in a row and are 13-6.  The pressure is on the 9-9 Flyers.  So spin it all you want.  I now better.  

8 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

No pressure when you win 4 games you are expected to lose and have won 6 in a row and are 13-6.  The pressure is on the 9-9 Flyers.  So spin it all you want.  I now better.  

How would there be pressure on a team who is expected to lose and none on the team that is expected to win Confucius??? 

How would there be pressure on a team who is expected to lose and none on the team that is expected to win Confucius??? 

Buffalo is always expected to lose.  Are you kidding?  Now the Flyers may have lost some respect of the National media, but some are now saying the Sabres can make it, and some are on the fence.  I think they have opened some eyes at the very least

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It sucks that Mcdud is back in the lineup over Folin again. I hate this!

Yup. Me too.

Hopefully it was just to get AMac in to a few games, and then they'll shuffle him out again. 

11 minutes ago, brelic said:

Yup. Me too.

Hopefully it was just to get AMac in to a few games, and then they'll shuffle him out again. 

I was hoping they were showcasing him for a trade.......Berube could use a good vet...

😜

As a team the Flyers have the worst save percentage in the league at a combined .880 (Elliott raised his, after an abysmal start, to .911). Their goals-against average is 3.55, third most in the NHL. Pickard, whom the Flyers picked up off waivers at the start of the season, has allowed 27 goals in parts of eight games. He has a .852 save percentage and 4.60 goals-against average. It would make a lot of sense if, for that reason, Lyon got a crack next.

Both of the Flyers’ active goalies have spent more time in the American Hockey League than the NHL. Lyon played 11 games with the Flyers last season and had a .905 save percentage.

“I don’t know if I’m more relaxed (because of last year’s experience),” Lyon said. “I’m just ready to lay all my chips on the table and kind of see where I’m at and play as hard as I can and the best that I can and I feel comfortable with myself. If I do that, I can live with the results.”

58 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@brelic

ha ha ha, you and  @OccamsRazor both just wished Folin was in the line-up.

-sad!

It's bizarro world!

What I like about Folin is that he hits a lot more than MacDonald and seems more proactive defensively.

MacDonald is purely reactive and usually not in a good way.

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

It's bizarro world!

What I like about Folin is that he hits a lot more than MacDonald and seems more proactive defensively.

MacDonald is purely reactive and usually not in a good way.

And he will actually skate TOWARDS the puck carrier instead of constantly conceding the defensive zone.

I prefer my defenseman not all the time but sometimes challenge guys entering the zone.

Mcturd never does that....he back pedals chasing guys all over the defensive zone getting way out of position and if isn't doing that he is playing soft and screening his own goalie.

Get him the f**k outta here!

Archived