Wild vs. Oilers 2/7/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be hard to watch for the next 25+ games.  I just don't see much light.  We can beat the best teams on a really good day, but drop so many games to lesser teams that I just don't see us making the playoffs, or sucking enough to get a franchise type player.  Until we blow it up and tank, and the CL/CF induced dumba$$ contracts expire, this team is going to be in a sad holding pattern of below average hockey

1 minute ago, McMahon 6 said:

But look at the bright side: seven years from now, we'll have enough cap space to do a proper rebuild.

it was plain crazziness to sign parise and suter for that kind of loot , goaltending & ,sharp shooters could have been had

Looks like I made the right choice by going to our local college hockey game instead of staying home, even though it’s a nice -40 wind chill tonight. At least they win 3-2 with a really good fight in the second period 

Wild Wither Quietly In 4-1 Loss to Edmonton

Phew...what a snoozefest.  At times no one wanted to really take a shot or pay the price to win the battles for the loose pucks around the net.  The two missed 2-on-1's were just killers.  We made Talbot, who I felt was battling the puck look great.  We just didn't work hard enough.  This team played like a club where lots of guys expect to be traded.  I have a full recap, an extended Iowa Wild report and a prospect update too.  Check it out!  

8 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

it was plain crazziness to sign parise and suter for that kind of loot , goaltending & ,sharp shooters could have been had

Yep. I give props to Parise for at least trying to earn his contract. Suter is so freaking lazy I dunno how he ever managed to become a father.

Wes Walz made some asinine comment on why the Wild play so well against the top teams.

They don't want to be embarrassed....

I'll give you embarrass. My top 3.

3-> 12 straight periods without playing with a lead.

2-> Scoring goal against Talbot and a weak defensive team called the Oilers.

And #1-> Your leading scorer gets laid out on a cheap hit and all you do is have some babyface Seeler poke at Kassian with a stern look and all the while being laughed at by Kassian.

LMFAO

21 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Wes Walz made some asinine comment on why the Wild play so well against the top teams.

They don't want to be embarrassed....

I'll give you embarrass. My top 3.

3-> 12 straight periods without playing with a lead.

2-> Scoring goal against Talbot and a weak defensive team called the Oilers.

And #1-> Your leading scorer gets laid out on a cheap hit and all you do is have some babyface Seeler poke at Kassian with a stern look and all the while being laughed at by Kassian.

LMFAO

Agreed.  Where is the 'eye for an eye' payback with a questionable shot to an Oiler?

Archived