Game 79: Rangers at Flyers; 3/31/19 @ 12:30

Howie58

Greetings:

We enter the game as a favorite--the Rangers are, on paper, a worse team in performance and advanced statistics:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2019/New-York-Rangers-at-Philadelphia-Flyers-NHL-Parlay-3-31-2019-996.html

I think the question here is the reality of no playoffs and how the team reacts?  Will they play for pride or roll over? 

Projected Lines

FLYERS

25 James van Riemsdyk - 19 Nolan Patrick - 28 Claude Giroux 
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jake Voracek
38 Ryan Hartman - 21 Scott Laughton - 11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 10 Corban Knight - 27 Justin Bailey

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim 
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Phil Myers 
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Radko Gudas

72 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches:5 Sam Morin (healthy), 44 Phil Varone (healthy), 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 33 Cam Talbot (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body).

Rangers

20 Chris Kreider - 93 Mika Zibanejad - 89 Pavel Buchnevich
90 Vladislav Namestnikov - 72 Filip Chytil - 95 Vinni Lettieri
26 Jimmy Vesey - 50 Lias Andersson - 16 Ryan Strome
48 Brendan Lemieux - 21 Brett Howden - 24 Boo Nieves

76 Brady Skjei - 22 Kevin Shattenkirk 
18 Marc Staal - 77 Tony DeAngelo
42 Brendan Smith - 44 Neal Pionk

40 Alexandar Georgiev
[30 Henrik Lundqvist]

Scratches: 23 Connor Brickley (healthy), 58 John Gilmour (healthy), 17 Jesper Fast (shoulder), 33 Fredrik Claesson (healthy), 43 Libor Hajek (shoulder).

So Ivan is ok to play today?

That is good especially after that slew foot by Jason Williams yesterday.

That looked horrible and really scared me.

I just want them to finish the season strong and healthy.

Flyers front off ice has to go back to the drawing board.

Another worthless win pushing them further down the draft board and ensuring many more mediocre seasons. The Philadelphia Dysfunctionals. From top to bottom. The corporate tools must be steaming, pushing for their 8th place finish and failing.

21 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

We enter the game as a favorite--the Rangers are, on paper, a worse team in performance and advanced statistics:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2019/New-York-Rangers-at-Philadelphia-Flyers-NHL-Parlay-3-31-2019-996.html

I think the question here is the reality of no playoffs and how the team reacts?  Will they play for pride or roll over? 

See they don't even care Howie.

I hate to see you waste your time making a game thread and the players don't even give a f**k.

Beat 3-0 to the lowly Ranjerks.

TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK

I would play Hart the rest of the year.

I would send him down to the AHL to play call McKenna backup and just let Elliott and him finish the year...just to piss the other players off.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

See they don't even care Howie.

I hate to see you waste your time making a game thread and the players don't even give a f**k.

Beat 3-0 to the lowly Ranjerks.

TANK TANK TANK TANK TANK

I would play Hart the rest of the year.

I would send him down to the AHL to play call McKenna backup and just let Elliott and him finish the year...just to piss the other players off.

Elliott has pride. He might actually carry the team. Starting the threads seems to be a role here, which I can live with.  This is sort of an extended family, and the gang that started here after Philly.com deserves a venue free of the stuff on that board.  

I only watched the middle part of the game.  It looked like Gorgiev was very sharp, and our PP was anemic.  This will be a critical off-season for the Flyers.  That said, the rot may be deeper than we think.  

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Elliott has pride. He might actually carry the team. Starting the threads seems to be a role here, which I can live with.  This is sort of an extended family, and the gang that started here after Philly.com deserves a venue free of the stuff on that board.  

I only watched the middle part of the game.  It looked like Gorgiev was very sharp, and our PP was anemic.  This will be a critical off-season for the Flyers.  That said, the rot may be deeper than we think.  

Here here.

I agree. I was at work all day just watched the 3 minute highlights on NHL.com. They looked like they were just ready to get the season over with and get the offseason started. It has been a long hard strange disappointing one....it needs to go to the shredder.

Image result for shredder picture

Time to reboot.

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

He might actually carry the team.

One thing this team is missing more than a vet D man is some guys who can finish.

They just don't have scorers...and by that i mean by guys who should be finding the twine when these guys have the obvious scoring chance.

The only one on the team who i feel can do it really who i would put in the sniper category would be JVR.

That is it. I think TK is close to being that guy. Coots is the next closest and then maybe Giroux just because i'm desperate to label one.

But guys like Jake and Patrick have been stoned way to many times

And then you have guys who couldn't hit the net even if the goalie was at the bench getting his skates sharpened.

Those guys are really killing them...Lindblom, Laughton, Raffl and Hartman. And sure those guys are the bottom 6 guys i get it but it doesn't matter i don't know how many times this year i have seen them have an open net to shoot in 3 to 5 feet fro the net and shank it.

Lindblom might be the worse i think he would have had 25 goals this year if he could friggin shoot.

So no matter what kid of guys they bring in this offseason if they aren't guys who can bury the puck they will struggle to win close games again next year.

after learning something from the phillies, i feel the chuck should go all in 3 more star forwards in the top 6,  for example let's say dallas will trade away seguin and benn, chuck will go after them and sign panarin, i get the money situation but im sure fletch will figure that out. but just think about that forward depth

panarin, seguin, benn

jvr, giroux, jake

lindblom  court, konecny

raffl,  patrick, hartman

i mean this is a scary forward group, if fletch managed to do something like this.

Archived