Are Farabee and Frost the most dynamic skilled players we ever drafted

RonJeremy

5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Ghost Provo

new guy  Sanheim

Myers  Gudas

Morin

I think that new guy is Morin about 30 games into the season.   Hagg is serviceable until then IMO. 

I don't agree with them wanting to bring in a Dman.  I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to this year's performance.   A new coaching staff and a new strategy (hell, just a decent one..) along with players being held accountable in all three zones could really be enough to make the current defense look much better without a trade.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, King Knut said:

My Morin Men!  Stay Strong for Sammy!

After watching him at the end of the season I was on watching one thing and that was he movement after tearing my ACL myself I was wondering if he would be favoring a leg or just not looking fluid in his movement, stiff of any kind and I came away impressed he skated well and moves very nice for a 6-7 D man he moves well for a forward even.

No worries so now he will get  fresh start with the whole club this camp/preseason I expect him to play no less in the bottom pair.

Flyers need what he brings to the table he just needs to play so he can refine his game.

I not even thinking about move a guy with his assets especially before I know what they have.

Of course unless someone comes in and blows me away with an offer.

4 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I think that new guy is Morin about 30 games into the season.   Hagg is serviceable until then IMO. 

I don't agree with them wanting to bring in a Dman.  I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to this year's performance.   A new coaching staff and a new strategy (hell, just a decent one..) along with players being held accountable in all three zones could really be enough to make the current defense look much better without a trade.

Yes and I ain't putting two righties on the same pair.

Provorov - Myers

Sanheim - Gudas

Morin - Ghost

Hagg

Till they get a new guy I'm rolling like this.

And Radko will be in the last year of his deal so depending on who the new guy is Radko could be trade bait too sometime next year.

14 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Unless we're trading JVR, I have no need for a high priced left wing. It's not even on my radar. I want right wing and center.  And defenseman (maybe). 

Sorry, but neither Panarin nor Skinner fill a need for me.  I mean, nice accessory, but doesn't fill a need.  I'll pass. 

I'd do Hayes, actually.  I hear the reasons you state and have a hard time arguing with your points on him.  I try anyway.  I absolutely agree about Duchene. I have zero interest. 

EDIT:  On the other hand, if you move Giroux back to center, Coots becomes your 2C and now you suddenly have a help wanted sign at left wing. 

I'm with you on most points. That said, Giroux can and has played on the RW in the past. If we were to get someone like Panarin, he could switch there and give us a pretty sick top line. Skinner as well I suppose, though I really haven't paid enough attention to him personally. I think I've watched all of two Carolina games in my life and haven't really watched much Buffalo in recent times either.

The challenge I have with Duchene is the money and the role he plays. He's generally a very poor center. He could make for a decent RW (which is the role he traditionally plays on Team Canada rosters). That wouldn't solve our 2C problem mind you, unless we're also getting Hayes somehow.

As far as Giroux goes, I would absolutely keep him on the wing. He is so much more efficient in that role. He still takes a ton of faceoffs and is dominant at it, but he can be so much more creative on the wing than he can at center. I'd have a hard time moving him back to the middle personally.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes and I ain't putting two righties on the same pair.

Provorov - Myers

Sanheim - Gudas

Morin - Ghost

Hagg

Till they get a new guy I'm rolling like this.

And Radko will be in the last year of his deal so depending on who the new guy is Radko could be trade bait too sometime next year.

I admit that my pairings were more a process of elimination so I could keep them all straight.  Not actual pairing suggestions.  

14 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I'm with you on most points. That said, Giroux can and has played on the RW in the past. If we were to get someone like Panarin, he could switch there and give us a pretty sick top line. Skinner as well I suppose, though I really haven't paid enough attention to him personally. I think I've watched all of two Carolina games in my life and haven't really watched much Buffalo in recent times either.

The challenge I have with Duchene is the money and the role he plays. He's generally a very poor center. He could make for a decent RW (which is the role he traditionally plays on Team Canada rosters). That wouldn't solve our 2C problem mind you, unless we're also getting Hayes somehow.

As far as Giroux goes, I would absolutely keep him on the wing. He is so much more efficient in that role. He still takes a ton of faceoffs and is dominant at it, but he can be so much more creative on the wing than he can at center. I'd have a hard time moving him back to the middle personally.

Yeah, I thought about right wing for Giroux shortly after, and I think OR mentioned it as well.  I think that's plausible. So I'm willing to shop for a leftwinger again. 

34 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I'm essentially with you on that, but the other half of it is that none of these guys have ever really had a good coaching experience back there and their vet to look to has been MacDonald.

Gudas played a bit in Tampa, but wasn't quite there yet.  

It would be nice to have someone as a bit of a stabilizing force.  Hopefully Vigneault whips them into shape like you say, but at the end of the day, I'm concerned that Gudas is the guy on my roster with NHL experience for a coach not named Hakstol.  

Archived