First ever - Iowa Wild Playoffs

hf101

Iowa finished third in the Central Division and will face the second-place Admirals for their first playoff appearance in Des Moines.  Obviously, this is huge for not only the Iowa community but also for the Wild organization.   The Wild will open the postseason at home for the first playoff games in franchise history before traveling up to Milwaukee for potentially three games. The full schedule is below.

Game

Date

Time (CT)

Arena

Game 1

Sunday, April 21

4:00 p.m.

Wells Fargo Arena

Game 2

Tuesday, April 23

7:00 p.m.

Wells Fargo Arena

Game 3

Thursday, April 25

UW-M Panther Arena

Game 4*

Friday, April 26

UW-M Panther Arena

Game 5*

Monday, April 29

UW-M Panther Arena

* if necessary

3 hours ago, hf101 said:

Iowa finished third in the Central Division and will face the second-place Admirals for their first playoff appearance in Des Moines.  Obviously, this is huge for not only the Iowa community but also for the Wild organization.   The Wild will open the postseason at home for the first playoff games in franchise history before traveling up to Milwaukee for potentially three games. The full schedule is below.

Game

Date

Time (CT)

Arena

Game 1

Sunday, April 21

4:00 p.m.

Wells Fargo Arena

Game 2

Tuesday, April 23

Wells Fargo Arena

Game 3

Thursday, April 25

UW-M Panther Arena

Game 4*

Friday, April 26

UW-M Panther Arena

Game 5*

Monday, April 29

UW-M Panther Arena

* if necessary

Are they ever going to sign Kirill Kaprizov?

His season is over he could always join them.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Kaprizov just won the cup there now is the time to bring him and his teammate to the state of hockey. The GM better not sit on his hands for too long or those guys will become strangers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

They may be able to sign him if Leipold makes a "congratulatory" gift to CSKA Moscow for winning the Gagarin Cup...otherwise the Wild may have to wait until 2020...

And even though his season is over, he was not listed on the Iowa Wild reserve roster, so even if the Wild sign him tomorrow, he would be ineligible for the AHL Playoffs...

24 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

They may be able to sign him if Leipold makes a "congratulatory" gift to CSKA Moscow for winning the Gagarin Cup...otherwise the Wild may have to wait until 2020...

And even though his season is over, he was not listed on the Iowa Wild reserve roster, so even if the Wild sign him tomorrow, he would be ineligible for the AHL Playoffs...

I see he is under contract for next year so yeah no dice...the KHL and NHL don't have a transfer agreement like the SHL and Liiga.

Oh well maybe after next season is over....

6 hours ago, Starofthenorth said:

Kaprizov just won the cup there now is the time to bring him and his teammate to the state of hockey. The GM better not sit on his hands for too long or those guys will become strangers.

Agree. They both(Kaprizov and his teammate Svetlakov) should be sign first of all and as soon as possible by the Wild organization. Time was already yesterday, but we did not use it in time. Both played and are still playing for the best club in entire KHL,and  having a much much better experience and a higher professional level than players in AHL. No doubt that the level of AHL stays third after NHL and KHL levels in a world  hockey range.  Bigger arena there in comparison to our arena size, is not a big deal. Real professionals accommodate to it pretty fast. And they did play at international competitions in a smaller arenas. Examples, Radulov, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Tarasenko, Datsyuk and many others Russian players as well as players from other European countries also previously played in a bigger fields than in US. I did not see a big difference. The main problems for them here - different culture, different language, different style of life, home sickness. If they will pass them successfully then they will be able to show their talent in full if they have it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I see he is under contract for next year so yeah no dice...the KHL and NHL don't have a transfer agreement like the SHL and Liiga.

Oh well maybe after next season is over....

Like I said, if Leipold made a congratulatory "gift" to CSKA Moscow, they may be persuaded to release him from his deal. But yeah, I think the earliest we see Kaprisov is the 2020-2021 season...

55 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Like I said, if Leipold made a congratulatory "gift" to CSKA Moscow, they may be persuaded to release him from his deal. But yeah, I think the earliest we see Kaprisov is the 2020-2021 season...

Leipold better not be cheap and should make a sizable gift as soon as possible! These guys could help make up for the severe lack of scoring, talent, and depth currently on the wild and may help save the team's non-rebuild rebuild.

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Sorry I'm not following.

What kind of gift? A bribe of some sort?

What can you get a russian?

A bottle of Jack Daniel's?

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry I'm not following.

What kind of gift? A bribe of some sort?

What can you get a russian?

A bottle of Jack Daniel's?

I'm speaking (typing?) tongue in cheek. I'm guessing a sizeable monetary contribution to CSKA Moscow's "Youth Development Academy" or a large monetary donation to "upgrade the scoreboard at CSKA Arena" would be what it takes to pry Kaprisov out of  the final year of his contract.

Vegas just signed Nikita Gusev, but he had to give back signing bonuses and contract incentives that he already earned in order to leave his contract early. Plus he's 26 and his SKA St. Petersburg contract expired the end of April 2019. Kaprisov is only 21 and has a full year left on his deal. Gonna take a bigger crowbar to get him out of his contract than the one used to get Gusev out of his...

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 2:58 PM, DevinWieser said:

This topic has gone off the rails. By the way go Iowa Wild.

Agree. Back to the topic. Good news - Iowa Wild team just finished a second game against a very tough team Admirals with a second win in a row( 6:1) on our home ice. What is impressing me the most - nice scores for us in both games(7:0 and 6:1). 13 goals into the opposite net and just 1 goal into our net are pretty solid statistics. Goaltending is an outstanding too so far for us on 63 shots towards our net in 2 games.

• Like 1

Everyone was saying the Wild needed to make the Playoffs to give they young guys a taste of Playoff hockey. I’m glad they missed the Playoffs and the young guys are doing this in Iowa. They’re playing with a bunch of guys that are fighting every night, not a bunch of prima donnas who fold up like a house of cards whenever a team gets physical with them...

• Like 1

Looks like a bit of a hiccup last night. Ads take game 3 with a score of 3-1. Be interesting to see how these guys respond. Do they curl up in the fetal position or do they dig deep and knock the Ads out of the series on the Ads home ice?

Nice to see Kyle Rau score again...

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 1:49 PM, Bear said:

Greenway a disappointment Donato effort seems to be lacking 

Agree, they should step up and not only them. The entire team should. Score in those series is 2:2.Tonight is a last crucial game in that round.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

wild win wild winnnnn

Wow, Iowa WILD WIN the first round series!!! By beating Admirals on the road with a score 2:1 during the last game and moved to a second round. Hammond stopped 26 shots towards our net out of 27. Cal O'Reilly and Belpedio put 2 goals into the Admirals net. Next round(first 2 games) we will play in Chicago against Wolves on Wednesday and Thursday(May 1st and 2nd).

• Like 1

It’s nice to see players that want to be out on the ice instead of going through the motions great win now let’s win the second round. Maybe some of the players in minny  will get the drift.

4 hours ago, Bear said:

It’s nice to see players that want to be out on the ice instead of going through the motions great win now let’s win the second round. Maybe some of the players in minny  will get the drift.

Honestly, I think it was a great season for Iowa just getting to the Playoffs, especially after the eight game losing streak at the end of the season. Anything after is frosting...

• Like 1