Johansson to Sabres in 2 year deal

Buffalo Rick

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27132690/johansson-joining-sabres-two-year-contract

I guess its officially my job to post all Sabres and sometimes Blues related info?  But the Sabres are a bit better now with the addition of Johansson and Vesey  Now we have to see what Botteril has up his sleeve with the goalie and also with any remaining cap room. I still do not believe he is finished.  I am sure he is not.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 7:46 PM, Hockey Junkie said:

I guess its officially my job to post all Sabres and sometimes Blues related info?

Well, no one else cares.  So there's that.

I'm kidding.  I really like this move for Buffalo, and I like the quiet move they made today.   They've had a nice offseason.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I'm kidding.  I really like this move for Buffalo, and I like the quiet move they made today.   They've had a nice offseason.

Agree, it's a nice signing. Some risk with his recent concussion history, but high skill and high reward if he pans out. I wouldn't have minded the Flyers giving him a shot on that contract.

I disagree with HJ on the quality of their defense, but there's admittedly a level of personal bias in there (not against the team, but against particular skill sets of players), and they're not terrible in any case. With quality goaltending this year that holds up all season, they're right in the mix for a wild card.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I  saw todays move but its likely an AHL move?  Blackhawks get Nylander.  If the Sabres trade Ristolainen I will lose my mind.  

Maybe the offseason was good.  IF AND ONLY IF LUUKENEN IS READY THIS YEAR.  If we are stuck with Hutton in goal, I am not liking it

6 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I  saw todays move but its likely an AHL move?  Blackhawks get Nylander.  If the Sabres trade Ristolainen I will lose my mind.  

Maybe the offseason was good.  IF AND ONLY IF LUUKENEN IS READY THIS YEAR.  If we are stuck with Hutton in goal, I am not liking it

I doubt Luukanen is quite ready but I like the Sabres offseason moves, I felt they paid a bit much for Skinner but you have to for goal scorers, it happens. Adding Montour around the deadline last year plus the additions of Miller and now Jokiharju really help define the defense, Johansson is a nice middle six winger on either side, Vesey is okay but a tad overrated but overall, tweaking the roster rather than going for the big splash was the right call. They are on the way up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I felt they paid a bit much for Skinner but you have to for goal scorers, it happens.

There is some real truth to this. But my main concern here is committing $19M to two players (Skinner/Eichel) who have yet to play an actual playoff game.

For anybody.

• Like 1