Observation from tonight's game

RonJeremy

5 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Elliot was per usual.....made a few great saves early.....BUT.....

Yep get use to this for the year....when they need him to bail them out and save the day this is what you're gonna get...

And i really don't know how you can give the kid a chance to start the season....he leads them in goals this preseason i think.

And he already has the perfect hockey smile!!!!!!

Not sure if Ruby gets a chance on the team till he works on his faceoffs...he is down right terrible. 0 for 7 last night.

Since 2016-17, Hayes has fifth-most shorthanded points (12) among all NHL players, behind only ...

Brad Marchand (16)

Michael Grabner (15)

Patrice Bergeron (13)

Viktor Arvidsson (13).

I thought it was a helluva game by Hayes again....he did take one stupid penalty after a non call on him. Can't do that.

Will they win another game this preseason???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And i really don't know how you can give the kid a chance to start the season....he leads them in goals this preseason i think.

Wrong guy... that's Bunnaman lol. But I think Twarynski has the same Bobby Clarke smile.

I think he's definitely earned a spot!

Hayes, to me, has consistently been the team's best player through camp. Dude is a beast, especially on the PK.

What do you think of Ghost so far? I have read a lot about how Ghost seems 'faster' and 'looking like the old Ghost' but I've seen the opposite. Well, the speed is still there, but he looks just as lost and confused on the ice, and if he's not contributing offensively, he's easily the weakest defenseman on the team. Not sure how to get him unstuck. It seems like the issue has always been between his ears.

TK was great last night. Lindblom had a solid game too.

Wonder if there will be cuts today.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, brelic said:

Wrong guy... that's Bunnaman lol. But I think Twarynski has the same Bobby Clarke smile.

I think he's definitely earned a spot!

Bunnaman has the Bobby Clarke smile and he and Twarynski should make the club. They've been excellent this training camp. The bottom six will definitely be younger, bigger and faster from last year, not to mention more skilled. 

We should see the end of scrubs like Andreoff, Gabriel, Stewart, etc... 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, brelic said:

What do you think of Ghost so far?

I don't want to be down on the guy so much but I am still waiting for the light to come back on for him.

Will it?

I honestly can't say. I can't remember the last time I seen a guy look so good so early only to completely change in a year or two.

I really am rooting for the guy to come around I hate to see him traded away being a home grown talent and all.

Fingers crossed he resurfaces...

I really felt for Phil Myers on the play that tied the game, puck in the air, Pasternak bearing down on him. Trying to both play the man and the puck didn't work out. When he whiffed trying to swat the puck, it was game over, momentum wasn't helping him and Pasta made a really nice pass, seeing Elliot get beat 5 hole there wasn't reassuring- at. all.  I can't all the way fault Myers for wanting to see what Pasta was going to do...that's probably one of the top 7 or 8 people in the league you don't want to have bearing down on you in that situation.  Hopefully , Phil learns from it. 

Overall though I like the Flyers game, they competed everywhere and could have won the game with a break, Boston didn't play it's scrubs.

I hope Lindblom can start finding the corners, he's so smart and seems to create scoring chances out of nothing plays, if he can finish on even 30% of them...what a find. 

I like this Carson Twarinski too, kid has a great motor and size and skates like a much smaller man...where the hell did he come from?

If I'm coach Vigneault I wouldn't be happy with the result but I wouldn't blow up the room either, the effort was there, Flyers play like that this season I won't be disappointed.

Maybe it wasn't Pasternak on that play...i might be remembering it wrong. either way, it was a tough break 

Edited by mojo1917

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure if Ruby gets a chance on the team till he works on his faceoffs...he is down right terrible. 0 for 7 last night.

Face off technique can be practiced, he can get better by going against G , Laughton and Couturier with the big club. Everything else about Ruby's game is + I like him to make the bottom 6- I don't think face offs will be the thing that keeps him off the squad.

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

If I'm coach Vigneault I wouldn't be happy with the result but I wouldn't blow up the room either, the effort was there, Flyers play like that this season I won't be disappointed.

I wouldn't either the main problem with Philly is Elliott not being able to reliably stop the damn puck.

Like the Eagles are having with receivers receiving the ball.

Unreal.

Thankfully they have Hart but he will need rest and when he isn't in there Elliott will be good to spot the opposition weak goals a game. Sadly.

Most goalies can make easy routine saves but every now and then Elliott needs to help his team and bail them out.

I'm not expecting it. They will be looking for goaltending help when the clock turns 2020...

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Face off technique can be practiced, he can get better by going against G , Laughton and Couturier with the big club. Everything else about Ruby's game is + I like him to make the bottom 6- I don't think face offs will be the thing that keeps him off the squad.

Not sure, he has got owned in every game at the dot.

It is ok to be sent down to work on his game too.

I mean 14 AHL games is hardly enough.

Even Giroux got about 40.

I think AV will do what best for the team with the prospect in mind too.

Whatever he decides I'm good with.