TK out indefinitely with a concussion

brelic

Objective or not:

1) It's late.  Even in real time.  Not absurdly so, but late

2) He hits right into the chin first.  Principle point of contact, then the body.

Look, I like what has been a traditional open ice hit.  I'm not even sure Borowiecki had any time to change course--which argues against the "late" claim, but I'm really not sure he did.

What I *am* saying, though, is that I've seen less or similar get a fine or suspension.  At the very least, a droning and confusing video from the league as to why it isn't.    The league simply confuses me with these things.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Ok, I've seen it. I don't have a problem with that hit. I have a huge problem with the pass.

^^^ This.   The pass was absurd.  

I suspect that's why TK just angled it forward rather than trying to receive it, but man what a bad pass.   Already been said, but a vet needs to be better than that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Objective or not:

1) It's late.  Even in real time.  Not absurdly so, but late

2) He hits right into the chin first.  Principle point of contact, then the body.

Look, I like what has been a traditional open ice hit.  I'm not even sure Borowiecki had any time to change course--which argues against the "late" claim, but I'm really not sure he did.

What I *am* saying, though, is that I've seen less or similar get a fine or suspension.  At the very least, a droning and confusing video from the league as to why it isn't.    The league simply confuses me with these things.

Borowiecki at least had time to not drill him.  And that's really what this is about.  Do you take the opportunity to do serious career and quality of life harm to a guy (talk to Pronger, Primeau and Lindros about how their post concussion lives have been, let alone what we know about CTE related illnesses and suicides) or do you respect him enough not to do that to him.

That's what we're talking about.    I'm okay with a league that has softer hits that don't do this to a player.  I prefer it greatly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Objective or not:

That is my biggest problem with the hit. He comes up high with 2 hands.  What happened to the old shoulder to the chest check?

• Like 2

Just now, Poulin20 said:

That is my biggest problem with the hit. He comes up high with 2 hands.  What happened to the old shoulder to the chest check?

In this case, I honestly don't think it matters: TK's brain is sloshing around in his head whether there is contact to the head or not. 

Just now, Podein25 said:

In this case, I honestly don't think it matters: TK's brain is sloshing around in his head whether there is contact to the head or not. 

In that context, no, it doesn't matter.    It only matters because the league--in its droning, incoherent videos--often makes that an issue.

Just now, Podein25 said:

Pusssy

Dave Duerson and Junior Seau shot themselves IN THE CHEST specifically because while they couldn't handle the way their CTE made them feel anymore and they decided they needed to end their lives because of it.  BUT they also knew that shooting themselves in the head would destroy the evidence that researchers might be able to use to help other athletes and soldiers with similar problems.

Let me repeat:

THEIR POST-CONCUSSION PROBLEMS WERE SO BAD THEY DECIDED TO SHOOT THEMSELVES, BUT THEY CHOSE THE SLOWER MORE PAINFUL WAY TO SHOOT THEMSELVES IN THE HOPE IT MIGHT HELP OTHER PEOPLE WITH CONCUSSION RELATED PROBLEMS.

But you know... Borowiecki isn't a ***** and I am.

I'm really okay with softer hits if it ends up preventing **** like that.

Just now, King Knut said:

BUT they also knew that shooting themselves in the head would destroy the evidence that researchers might be able to use to help other athletes and soldiers with similar problems

You have no way of knowing this. Neitther does anyone else. Its pure careless speculation to try to prove a thoery

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

You have no way of knowing this. Neitther does anyone else. Its pure careless speculation to try to prove a thoery

They both wrote their families explaining it.

It was reported on extensively.  

Edited by King Knut

7 minutes ago, King Knut said:

They both wrote their families explaining it.

It was reported on extensively.  

Duerson did. Seau didnt. It was also during the height of a multimillion dollar legal suit.

You are also using football as a comaprison to hockey. Head ci tact is football is constant, hence the helmet. Not the same i. Hockey

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Duerson did. Seau didnt. It was also during the height of a multimillion dollar legal suit.

You are also using football as a comaprison to hockey. Head ci tact is football is constant, hence the helmet. Not the same i. Hockey

...where they don't wear helmets.

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

And Belak and  Rypien were "just depressed" and Boogard was a fighter.

You're equivocating and you know it.

Pronger and Primeau couldn't play with their kids years later their symptoms were so bad... so because they didn't shoot themselves that makes it okay?