Wild vs. Flyers 12/14/19 @ 6:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Wild Score 4 Unanswered To Blitz the Flyers 4-1

Pretty dominant game for the Wild after the first five minutes.  The Wild outworked, outhustled and generally outplayed the Flyers.  Another total team effort with each line applying at least some offensive pressure and Minnesota didn't seem to look back.  Sad sad news about Doug Woog.  RIP.  I have a full game recap and a lot of prospect news too!  Enjoy!  

• Like 2

I think it was a very nice pleasant game to watch. Still they need to work/practice more on PP. Anyway it was a pretty good puck control, all lines were involved pretty well into the game.Stalock was good too. I liked it. Wish to see that team's play with minimal mistakes every game.

What a game! I'm all fired up after this one. Philly is a decent, well-playing team that just didn't have much against us. This goes to show how far one can go when relying on everybody to carry their responsibilities. We're getting  closer  to being a 4 line team. It seems any line can be the line that decides the game. We still need the exceptional player/players that can decide playoffs games, but it sure is a pleasure to see this kind of play 🤩 and where did that Soucy crawl out! He's been such a surprise! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Philly is a decent, well-playing team that just didn't have much against us.

It's going to happen when their two leading scorers don't even dress, then they lose two more forwards 5 minutes into the game.

4 of their remaining 10 forwards only had a few games under their belts Farabee (26) Frost (11) Vorobyev (9) and Kase (1).

So yeah it would expect them to lose.

They will have to find a way out of the issues they are currently going through losing a key player to cancer is never easy.

Add that to the issues Nolan Patrick is going through. Just a rough year to start and not even hockey related.

I can't comment on the game as i had other affairs to attend to. But good win nonetheless. I wish they could have put up a better fight.

Not even sure what they will do to have enough guys to dress for the today's game vs the Jets. 

Flyers were the 3rd seed in the metro and since their two losses have fallen to the last wild card spot...not sure when the free fall ends.

Seems the Wild have to keep digging to to get into a playoff spot. Good luck. I think the Wild/Flyers face off again this year.

Don't hold me to that. Either way both teams seem to be trying to find their way.

40 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's going to happen when their two leading scorers don't even dress, then they lose two more forwards 5 minutes into the game.

4 of their remaining 10 forwards only had a few games under their belts Farabee (26) Frost (11) Vorobyev (9) and Kase (1).

So yeah it would expect them to lose.

They will have to find a way out of the issues they are currently going through losing a key player to cancer is never easy.

Add that to the issues Nolan Patrick is going through. Just a rough year to start and not even hockey related.

I can't comment on the game as i had other affairs to attend to. But good win nonetheless. I wish they could have put up a better fight.

Not even sure what they will do to have enough guys to dress for the today's game vs the Jets. 

Flyers were the 3rd seed in the metro and since their two losses have fallen to the last wild card spot...not sure when the free fall ends.

Seems the Wild have to keep digging to to get into a playoff spot. Good luck. I think the Wild/Flyers face off again this year.

Don't hold me to that. Either way both teams seem to be trying to find their way.

(shrugs)  The Wild are not exactly loaded with firepower either.  We're still one of the older teams in the league.  But the lines have stayed together for a while now and the team is showing a higher level of performance.  Younger players have stepped up, and the team believes they can win.  The Flyers still had enough skill / scoring in their lineup to overwhelm us.   The truth is, they were outworked.  

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure with a shortened bench and a lot of youth.

It's what I said.

Easy to outwork a tired group with a lot on their mind.

(shrugs)  Are you expecting sympathy?  Or just want to make some more excuses for your team getting owned?  

31 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

(shrugs)  Are you expecting sympathy?  Or just want to make some more excuses for your team getting owned?  

We are not looking for sympathy.  But the reality is the Flyers are missing key players, and their star players are not performing to the expectations.

8 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

We are not looking for sympathy.  But the reality is the Flyers are missing key players, and their star players are not performing to the expectations.

And you were playing a team that was missing its 2nd best center, one of its top 4 defenseman and hasn't had its starting goaltender for the last month.  There is enough talent on the Flyers even without Lindblom and Konecny to win games.  People have to step up...your prospect pool has more almost ready for primetime players than we do.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

And you were playing a team that was missing its 2nd best center, one of its top 4 defenseman and hasn't had its starting goaltender for the last month.  There is enough talent on the Flyers even without Lindblom and Konecny to win games.  People have to step up...your prospect pool has more almost ready for primetime players than we do.  

Without a doubt key players have to step up.  If that doesn't happens, the Flyers will find themselves in the cellar of Eastern conference at no time.  It's that simple.  Giroux has to start acting and playing like a damn leader and not like just another player.  Voracek, JVR and Couturier need to start giving effort not only in waves, but all the time.  It's going to be challenging until at least Konecny comes back, and there won't be any more easy rides. They have to approach each game like it's a playoff game.  If they won't, it will be over very soon. 

Edited by Mad Dog