Where is the offense going to come from now?

RonJeremy

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Im positive G played some R wing in juniors, he should be a team player and just give it a shot until TK comes back. Maybe he can score some sneaky Briere style goals from the right side and with teams keying on G, Farabee may have some space to score some goals. Either way with Lindblom out Farabee should move to his spot on L wing when we get our injured guys back.

Yeah, I'm not sure, but I thought he played exclusively on the right side in juniors.  It's been awhile and maybe he doesn't want to adjust again (like he had to moving to the left), but yeah, be a team player, dude!

Completely agree with that last line, too.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

With some other coach, I'd say it's possible.  This coach is as conservative and old-school as they come.  I doubt he will entertain the idea of a d-man actually playing a wing.

You're not wrong.

But yeah, he's much better off sticking with the winger playing defense.

• Like 1

I hate to be a gloom-meister but wonder if this could turn into a lost season before our eyes.  The stars aren't aligning very favorably and a lot appears to be out of management control.  Getting a read on some of the farmhands may be a positive, but there's high cost en route.

19 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I hate to be a gloom-meister

Oh good, because that would be shocking.  😎

It's 3 games on a rough roadtrip and lousy circumstances.  I wouldn't panic just yet.  I mean, several players were trying to play yesterday with no practice with the club.  And then down a man for over half the game.    I don't think I'd project this out onto the rest of the season just yet.

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Oh good, because that would be shocking.  😎

It's 3 games on a rough roadtrip and lousy circumstances.  I wouldn't panic just yet.  I mean, several players were trying to play yesterday with no practice with the club.  And then down a man for over half the game.    I don't think I'd project this out onto the rest of the season just yet.

Rux:

I will try to keep the faith despite personality traits that point in the opposite direction.  Agreed that an influx of newbies with no skating practice can't help.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Rux:

I will try to keep the faith despite personality traits that point in the opposite direction.  Agreed that an influx of newbies with no skating practice can't help.  

I"m with you. Same here.

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I hate to be a gloom-meister but wonder if this could turn into a lost season before our eyes.

It's not just gloom it could reality...if they don't figure out how to get the goal scoring and the power play they could find themselves on the outside looking in.

It is the cold hard truth....with most of their grade A prime prospects already on the big club there is no one else who is going to come and save them.

It's all on their shoulders.

It's time to sink or swim. Stop the bleeding that is 3 losses in a row and going.

When does it stop???

Hart can only hold the fort down so long he needs some help especially goal support.

If not then the only thing left for Chuckles do do is shake the roster up with a trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's not just gloom it could reality...if they don't figure out how to get the goal scoring and the power play they could find themselves on the outside looking in.

It is the cold hard truth....with most of their grade A prime prospects already on the big club there is no one else who is going to come and save them.

It's all on their shoulders.

It's time to sink or swim. Stop the bleeding that is 3 losses in a row and going.

When does it stop???

Hart can only hold the fort down so long he needs some help especially goal support.

If not then the only thing left for Chuckles do do is shake the roster up with a trade.

hextall fans are another forum are blaming the coaches, it's like what they suppose to do, they cant find play hockey for them, i dont think joel q can do any better which is concerning to me because i know his connection with his gm to the chicago days was the reason to coach florida but he had to look at this team and prospects and didnt think they are really that good, otherwise q would probably choose this team, another red flag was av talking about how difficult it was to get the roster on the right track.

realistically i dont think these are players going forward, im glad that the gm and coach are letting them play because at least they both know what they are going to deal with going into next year, if it's not the result they want then fletcher has alot of work to turn this roster around, probably alot of cheap vets in the bottom 6 and on d that they are probably going to look at next year if that's the case.