Wild vs.Leafs 12/31/19 @ 5:00 p.m.

Alexandron

3 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Now we’re  going to hear about puck luck and “da bounces”...

True. No any other explanations exist - it is like a song - puck luck - puck no luck at all....and , of course, "da bounces"....

Sadly to say, 2 games in a row we lost at our home ice arena against the teams with their #1 goalies. 

But ANYWAY , Happy NEW 2020 YEAR to everybody, including the WILD team and the WILD organization too , because you are a part of us!!!!

After that game, definitely I need to drink a lot...

• Like 1

Maple Leafs Overpower the Wild in 4-1 Win

Not all that surprising.  The Maple Leafs were a step or two faster to every puck and by the time the Wild decided to actually move its feet it was too late.  Toronto was never really threatened too much in this game.  I have a full game recap, tons of Iowa Wild highlights and prospect updates too!  Check it out!  

Stay safe folks, and thanks for reading.  I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome our newest writer, @IllaZilla to the Crease And Assist: A Legally Compliant Minnesota Hockey Blog fold!  Hopefully 2020 is better than 2019!  Take care everyone!  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Problem with the Wild’s power play is they’re so deliberate. And they’re unimaginative. 

14 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Agree, so far they really are. Unfortunately, the problem is not only for this season, but the years before.

Yay, Somebody else thinks the same way I have for ...how many years now??

I didn't think the game was that bad after the Foligno hit. It really did seem to wake them up. 

I'm so glad Foligno was moved up in lines, Something I thought he's deserved for a long time.

His level of effort every shift, The hitting and his play making has made him a very valuable player.

I hope Greenway is taking notes...

There as always were plenty of 'chances' around the net and yet our shooters miss the mark again.

We're not going anywhere until that improves greatly.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:58 PM, IllaZilla said:

I’m too old to go anywhere. I just stay home and get annihilated...

I am kind of old too , but I did go and celebrated till 2:30 a.m. with lots of nice quality champagne wine; a very dark red tannic wine and a superb homemade tasty food the beginning of the New 2020 year! 😊

Personally for me, the number of the year is special. Because includes 20 years of our Wild team existence(since 2000) and because that number of the year kind of unique. The last 1919 year number happened last Century 101 years ago.

Still not sure, if we will get the playoffs spot this year. Sincerely, the last 2 Wild home games discouraged me and made me kind of skeptical to see our team at the Stanley Cup playoffs for this special for our team year. Maybe I am wrong, but I do not think the Wild team will be able successfully to pass the most crucial and the toughest month of the regular season - month of March this year.  We need a consistent team's character, a better goaltending, a better solid production for the entire 60 minutes per game every game. Every player should step up, despite of all injuries. No exceptions for any NHL team because of that. 

5 minutes ago, Antti_Laxative said:

20 years? That's adorable

Yeah, I am a Wild fan for the entire 20 years already despite of all team's pluses and minuses.

I am impressed also that LIG is writing the articles about the Wild team and their prospects for 16 years already. Wow.

11 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Wow ... The "entire 20 years?!" Impressive

What gives?  We know you like Montreal.  Great.  He's been a Wild fan from the start.  Why is that bad or adorable?  You like a team that has been around for 103 years.  So what?   Can you say you've been a Montreal fan from Day 1?  We can, and I don't think its wrong to be proud of that.  You seemed to talk with pride about being a North Stars fan from Day 1.  Should some snobby Montreal fan say, "how adorable' to you?  It means you were there with the team from the start, through the highs, through the lows and the long periods of mediocrity in between.  IMO, that's a pretty fair testament to a person's fandom.  He's not a bandwagoner or is a person that's here just because of his hero worship of (insert current Wild player here).