Wild vs. Bruins 2/1/20 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Just got home to join.  Guess this one's already over.  The B's are not going to surrender 3, nor do we have the skills to get 3.  I see the Klyde is back on the ice.  Guaranteed loss.....

The Wild have been a hot mess this period. The first they seemed ok, but this one, oy vey...

Boston Dominates the Wild in Embarrassing 6-1 Loss

Yea, that was certainly a **** show.  And the worst part was, we kind of expected that was going to happen.  Lots of guys with tired, dead legs and little want to.  Boston got a few power plays, made the most of them and the team really stopped skating and at that point they really didn't have to do much more to win.  The Wild just went through the motions.  It wasn't just rust, it was laziness, it was standing around.  Boston barely tried and won that one 6-1, total cakewalk for them.  Full game recap, a ton of Wild prospect news and Minnesota HS hockey rankings too, enjoy.  

• Like 1

From the bit that I was able to stomach watching the wild are just in the wrong league.

If you are a true NHLer shouldn't you be able to handle a pass without it jumping off your stick and make you chase the puck down?

Every time I watched that's what I saw!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomdog said:

If you are a true NHLer shouldn't you be able to handle a pass without it jumping off your stick and make you chase the puck down?

Every time I watched that's what I saw!

Agreed, Almost every pass was skate to stick receiving or hopped off as you said.. 

The only zone time established was in their own end. :P 

They may be 6 or so points from a PO spot but aside from having to leap over 3 others, Basically win 2 outta 3 from now on, etc...

They just don't have 'It' to make a PO appearance worth anything.

For having nine days off to recharge and focus, it sure seemed like the Wild were still on vacation.

But knowing the Wild, now they’ll go on a little mini run now and get back into the race for that last wild card spot and squeak into the playoffs. Then everyone will pat themselves on the back and we’ll hear “See? We knew we could do it!” Then they’ll flame out in the first round and we’ll hear “Well, we got back into the playoffs. Next year our goal is to advance.”

Funny how all of Russo’s post game quotes came from Matt Dumba. Not one quote from the captains...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

For having nine days off to recharge and focus, it sure seemed like the Wild were still on vacation.

But knowing the Wild, now they’ll go on a little mini run now and get back into the race for that last wild card spot and squeak into the playoffs. Then everyone will pat themselves on the back and we’ll hear “See? We knew we could do it!” Then they’ll flame out in the first round and we’ll hear “Well, we got back into the playoffs. Next year our goal is to advance.”

Funny how all of Russo’s post game quotes came from Matt Dumba. Not one quote from the captains...

2/3 of the Wild's season so far they are playing like after the vacation (not entire 60 minutes per game every game). Well , I said already a month ago, I still do not think the team will make a playoffs this year. The Boston team, which played the day before,  looked more focused, more strong, more smart in comparison to our team who had plenty of time to practice and to play a much stronger game on their home ice just to avoid booing from the fans. The Wild put on waivers Seeler, but, in my opinion, he was so good before as well as during the games as in PK on blocking multiple shots. Dumba should sit on the bench for a while(he is not able to score - 3 goals in 51 games means nothing), but Seeler should be playing in helping the team at least more in defense.

Even not talking about Dubnyk's play last night - embarrassing stats (GAA 3.4 in 25 played games). 

On 2/2/2020 at 10:20 AM, IllaZilla said:

That's 'leadership' for ya...