The Flyers have an odd man rush.........

Samifan

44 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jeez i get you're his PR guy but c'mon just because he finally had one game where he shot the puck does not make up for all the times he hasn't.

**** all the way off with this.

Really.

Perhaps I have unfairly lumped you into the segment of the fan base that frequently posts on twitter.

That is where I see the majority of the Giroux hate.

But recently it's been ragging the whole team, right as their starting to play well. 

it's tiresome, if I've seen 1 I've seen 30 tweets where Carter Hart isn't the man, participation trophys etc. 

I get it people want championships, but if that's the only thing that brings joy from watching the sport, it will make you a miserable cuss.

@CoachX

yep, you got me a shade under a ppg. 

Edited by mojo1917
add 2nd thought

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I get it people want championships, but if that's the only thing that brings joy from watching the sport, it will make you a miserable cuss.

Personally, championships be damned. I want the Flyers from the 70-80's back. The team that beat up the opposition if they won, and beat the dog water out of them if they lost. Either way, somone was getting an ass whippin

And even without the championships, Im a miserable cuss(er)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

That is where I see the majority of the Giroux hate.

Well yeah I would certainly stay away from Twitter when it comes to players.

if I've seen 1 I've seen 30 tweets where Carter Hart isn't the man, participation trophys etc. 

Yeah those people were also the Carson Wentz haters too. Nick Foles crowd.

I cab only imagine what they are saying about Hart because he wasn't playing his best. It comes with this team tied to this city.

I can't speak on that. But haters are going to hate.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

**** all the way off with this.

Really

My work here is complete.

:bigteeth:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

28 is a point per game player this year.  Is there a problem ?

Yes it’s a problem when every point is an assist except for one. We have too many passers and not enough finishers. As I said if we had a finisher to complement Giroux ‘s passing skills , then his lack of goal scoring wouldn’t be so bad.  

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

Personally, championships be damned. I want the Flyers from the 70-80's back. The team that beat up the opposition if they won, and beat the dog water out of them if they lost. Either way, somone was getting an ass whippin

And even without the championships, Im a miserable cuss(er)

Today’s game is supposed to be this high octane skill and speed, I’m just not seeing it. The 1970s Canadiens and Soviet Red Army were far more exciting and skilled than any team I see today.  Maybe because the league has so many teams and the talent is spread thin. They call it parity, I call it mediocrity. They took out the red line, took out fighting , cut down on the interference and there is barely any hitting, but it has not created this incredible exciting high scoring hockey, at least not for the Flyers. To me the Flyers were far more exciting in the old days than they are now.  The Flyers have not been exciting since around 2010 or so. Maybe the pandemic can knock 7 or 8 teams out of business and the players can be dispersed around the league , then maybe we would see more exciting hockey.

i really don't think a diluted pool will do it. I think pro sports as a whole is losing competitive fire due to the obscene money athletes make. I think they worry about the protection of financial interests, then they do in achieving professional success. Sure they want to win. It means more money. But these guys are more like buddies and friends the rivals. As for the NHL, they have taken away the very things that draw fans to the sport, and replaced it with a version that will never hold the same excitement level. But they don't care. They just expand  and push for tv revenue contracts. Once again, money

20 minutes ago, CoachX said:

i really don't think a diluted pool will do it. I think pro sports as a whole is losing competitive fire due to the obscene money athletes make. I think they worry about the protection of financial interests, then they do in achieving professional success. Sure they want to win. It means more money. But these guys are more like buddies and friends the rivals. As for the NHL, they have taken away the very things that draw fans to the sport, and replaced it with a version that will never hold the same excitement level. But they don't care. They just expand  and push for tv revenue contracts. Once again, money

Yeah the $$ has ruined everything. Every time there a big FA in any sport and he is interviewing with several teams , you will hear him say something like, I’m going to go to the team/city that is best for my family ....it always ends up that it’s the team that offered the most $$, and usually it’s not the top 2 or 3 teams that have the best shot at winning a championship. You see a lot of these a holes in the NFL ,they care more about their stats and moronic end zone posing than  if they actually won the game.