The Joffrey Baratheon Thread

JagerMeister

7 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I was desperately trying to keep this thread off-topic.  :P

So you use the site on your mobile phone? I've tried doing that a few times, and it's better than I thought, but I prefer to type with a full size keyboard using my desktop computer. :)

Says every person in the world.

And I occasionally check any new content during random times of the day if I'm not home, but I'm mostly on my desktop when I write here.

2 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Just seeing this thread pop make up made my day....and as you can tell, that is not a hard thing to do.....:)

This thread is legendary!  I consider it the highlight of the season for the Leafs in 2015-16. 

So how do you usually access the forum? From your PC or from your cell phone?  :biggrin:

12 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:
1 minute ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

This thread is legendary!  I consider it the highlight of the season for the Leafs in 2015-16. 

So how do you usually access the forum? From your PC or from your cell phone?  :biggrin:

I was desperately trying to keep this thread off-topic.  :P

So you use the site on your mobile phone? I've tried doing that a few times, and it's better than I thought, but I prefer to type with a full size keyboard using my desktop computer. :)

Hey did you pick your name cause it works out to WOW.....LOL....anyways, I may be one of the few humans left with no cell phone. Just a landline....don't need the crap a cell phone brings....drama....bullshit....wanna get a hold of me, call me and if I'm not home....leave a message....kinda old fashioned that way.

13 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Hey did you pick your name cause it works out to WOW.....LOL....anyways, I may be one of the few humans left with no cell phone. Just a landline....don't need the crap a cell phone brings....drama....bullshit....wanna get a hold of me, call me and if I'm not home....leave a message....kinda old fashioned that way.

Wow so you're one of the few who still takes a magazine or paper to read when you go to the john....wow...unreal....the last one...sometimes i wish we didn't have this technology it is a good thing and sometimes it's a curse....

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow so you're one of the few who still takes a magazine or paper to read when you go to the john....wow...unreal....the last one...sometimes i wish we didn't have this technology it is a good thing and sometimes it's a curse....

I  have a few magazine subscriptions...and get the digital copy, but like the magazines. I prefer printed papers to on line ones....but won't pay for them, I read 6 different papers on line each day....Windsor Star, Detroit News and Free Press, phily.com (only cause it combines the Inq and the Daily News, which is convenient) USA today, some Toronto Star and Toronto Sun and USA today.

27 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

A happy coincidence.  :blushing:

@jammer2 Drama accompanies a cellphone if you have dramatic friends..

And Why the bloody hell are we discussing cellphones on a maple leafs forum? Its like this thread was created for the sole purpose of   @WordsOfWisdom way of escapism from the atrocity that is the maple leafs 

2 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

@jammer2 Drama accompanies a cellphone if you have dramatic friends..

And Why the bloody hell are we discussing cellphones on a maple leafs forum? Its like this thread was created for the sole purpose of   @WordsOfWisdom way of escapism from the atrocity that is the maple leafs 

Indeed. This thread is to help preserve the sanity of Leafs fans everywhere. :)

Speaking of wild turkeys...............  So I'm walking through a "natural"/park  area and I see one of them dart through the long grass and into a nearby forest. Another one flew down from a tree and then ran along the ground into the forest. Their tracks in the snow look like a three headed pitchfork with a dot at the bottom. Very distinct tracks, and I could see them everywhere on the path I walked on. They can be nasty buggers when the little ones are around, and they're huge!  :o   

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I saw one walking down the sidewalk on Sunday...about a block from my house. Not the most intelligent creature around. And delicious. No wonder they were wiped out around here by the pioneers.

It's interesting because I've heard that they were nearly wiped out in the wild from over-hunting. I guess restrictions were put in place some time ago to prevent this. Since then, their numbers have been steadily increasing and they are becoming commonplace again (for the first time in my life anyway). 

I had one of them "wing-whip" me one time for getting too close to the little ones. Thing is, I didn't even SEE them. I was walking along a trail last year, saw a full sized turkey cross the trail in front of me and go into the long grass, and I kept walking along minding my own business. All of a sudden... POOF... two or three baby turkeys pop out of the grass and are right at my feet! I almost stepped on them! Then they start chirping for mom. I'm thinking OH SHHHHEET! I didn't want to be that close. That thing just flew out of the long grass and went into attack mode. Scared the heck out of me.  :o

Now I'm always a bit leary of them when I go hiking. They are way more aggressive than Canada geese.  

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I saw one walking down the sidewalk on Sunday...about a block from my house. Not the most intelligent creature around. And delicious. No wonder they were wiped out around here by the pioneers.

Yeah, delicious, dumb and easy to catch does not really fair to well historically.....I wonder now, was the Do Do tasty and it lead to their being wiped out?

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Yeah, delicious, dumb and easy to catch does not really fair to well historically.....I wonder now, was the Do Do tasty and it lead to their being wiped out?

Well they're certainly an easy target. You can walk into a field and they just roam around, relatively unafraid of people. If you're a hunter with a rifle it's just point and shoot. At least other animals like deer will run away from people fast. Turkeys will just stand there and look at you. :lol:

5 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

@WordsOfWisdom Oh my... I apologize for my insincerity, I completely forgot you were still coping with that unrewarding Phaneuf trade...

Unrewarding? They dumped 5 years at $7 million per. 

Phaneuf wasn't as bad as he was made out to be...but he wasn't worth anywhere near that contract/ And he's not getting younger.

Archived