Flyers targeting UFA's

CoachX

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What about Casey Cizikas for a bottom 6 role?

Kick the tires.

I mean, I'm okay if it's not more than he's making now, but are you playing him at center?   If so, are you moving Laughton to wing and moving Frost up or are we just blocking Frost again?   I'm not happy with Frost on the fourth line--I think it's dumb--so not challenging here just wondering what the thought is.

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

I'd love that, I think, he can skate and hit and is good on draws. 

Do you think the Prince of Lies will let him walk?

I also think he'll  be too beaucoup for boom-boom.

Well they have RFAs Sorokin, Dal Colle, Beauvillier and Pelech to resign.

And UFAs Palmieri , Zajac and Cizikas and 17.6 mill to do all of that.

So I will go out on a limb and say no they won't resign him.

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I mean, I'm okay if it's not more than he's making now, but are you playing him at center?   If so, are you moving Laughton to wing and moving Frost up or are we just blocking Frost again?   I'm not happy with Frost on the fourth line--I think it's dumb--so not challenging here just wondering what the thought is.

I prefer him at center on the 4th maybe and kick Laughton out to wing if possible I want to give Morgan every chance to win the 3rd line center spot because if he looks good there I want to bump him up and Hayes to the 3rd.

However the results and injuries during season can change all that.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Big Sam is in at 750k, just announced.

What better endorsement...

That is something I really like about big Sam. He's not just a guy who plays for the Flyers.

He IS a Flyer, damn proud of it.

Wears heart on his sleeve.

Wish there were more players nowadays like that. I think Atkinson will be another.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, musky said:

Cizikas will stay with the isles, they dont want to break up the 4th line,im guessing he will sign for 3.5 a year.

yeah, i don't think the Flyers have that kind of $ for what would be maybe a luxury ?

There are RFA's that will require decent deals that will take up a majority of the cap space that's left. 

The free agent money is going to be directed towards a quality back-up goalie and I think that price is going to plenty steep. 

So after that business is attended to, there's not much left for a 5th centerman, even though he's a good one. 

Edited by mojo1917

8 minutes ago, musky said:

Cizikas will stay with the isles, they dont want to break up the 4th line,im guessing he will sign for 3.5 a year.

So how do you sign the rest of your free agents?

That leaves you guys 14.1 mill to sign:

RFAs Sorokin, Dal Colle, Beauvillier and Pelech?

My gut just tells me the Flyers will eventually sign Jason Demers for a depth defenseman role.

I've seen Chuckles just mention his name too much as well as him being mentioned in trade rumors for the last year and a half.

So expect it to be announced before camp begins...they need another right hand shot for the blueline.

As of now they only have Risto and Braun.

So I am just preparing everyone...

:PopcornSmiley2:

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Are we concluding York will have a spot? I see Braun and Morin battling for the 6th spot. So who is out if Demers comes in?

Demers would be more likely a depth signing no more.

Maybe a deal you can bury if York is ready.

Plus a guy you wouldn't be worried would get snagged on waivers.

And no York shouldn't be gifted a spot.

He'll have to earn it. Plus it could give you the option too if Braun sucks.

Demers is a better skater than him I know.

But it will get sorted out. And then you have injures in camp and preseason that always happens.

Reports are Fletcher being interested in Darcy Kuemper as BUG for Hart if Arizona is willing to retain some of his salary. Chuck drafted him back in Minnesota so you know he’s probably got a partial chubby from the possibility 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Demers would be more likely a depth signing no more.

Maybe a deal you can bury if York is ready.

Plus a guy you wouldn't be worried would get snagged on waivers.

And no York shouldn't be gifted a spot.

He'll have to earn it. Plus it could give you the option too if Braun sucks.

Demers is a better skater than him I know.

But it will get sorted out. And then you have injures in camp and preseason that always happens.

Let me rephrase the question, 

In your opinion, do you think York will be a regular out of camp

15 minutes ago, CoachX said:

If he plays like he did last year at the end of the season - yes.

Some may not like it but he impressed me more than Travis Sanheim ever has.

In fact he will be the guy pushing for top 4 minutes and forcing Sanheim out the door.

But to start the season  I can see York and Braun as the bottom pair.

If I am Sam Morin I am practicing as much as I can on the right side so he could push Braun out the lineup.

He is already faster than him all he has to learn to do is keep it simple and play sound defense and he has a shot. Because I am not a huge Braun fan.

31 minutes ago, CoachX said:

WOOOO HOOOO!!!!

The Cup is ours!!!!!!

Flyers will sign veteran Taylor Fedun tomorrow to play for Lehigh Valley and serve as a depth option for NHL in-case of injuries. He spent most of last season on the Dallas Stars' taxi squad. He'd take over the Nate Prosser vet RH depth role.

Free agent day is here.

All the Flyers have left is a backup goalie

spot will it be filled today?

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny

JvR-Hayes-Farabee

Lindblom-Frost-Atkinson

Laughton-Laczynski-Allison

NAK

Provorov-Ellis

Sanheim-Ristolainen

Yandle-Braun

Morin

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

If he plays like he did last year at the end of the season - yes.

Some may not like it but he impressed me more than Travis Sanheim ever has.

I think I justifiably fall into that group, but I'm okay with this statement.  I agree, actually.   From my POV, that says more about York than about Sanheim, but York in college and WCJ has shown much more composure and much more "thinking the game" than I've ever seen from Sanheim.  I'm not attacking Sanheim, but the difference between the two should be readily apparent to anyone watching either of them.

All this with the caveat that York has only about 6 games in the NHL, so time will tell, but constitutionally they seem to be quite different.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a surprise signing somewhere that necessitates a move or two elsewhere--possibly including Sanheim+ for a goalie.

@ruxpin

I've felt that the Flyers have often rushed young players, whether in development or responsibility (making them captain). Like you pointed out, York has had about a half dozen games. To me, thats not enough to really know. So I prefer they set the roster so its stable. If York, Allison, Frost or anyone else, is that good, and that ready, they will take a spot. And if that happens, there are guys you will gladly put up in the booth to make room for them

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Free agent day is here.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny

JvR-Hayes-Farabee

Lindblom-Frost-Atkinson

Laughton-Laczynski-Allison

NAK

Provorov-Ellis

Sanheim-Ristolainen

Yandle-Braun

Morin

I think a fourth center is on the horizon. Laczynski had his hip operated on during the offseason and he's not going to be ready. It's the procedure similar to what Giroux and Gostisbehere had and the first year after that surgery is pretty much a write off. 

I also think they're going to go hard after a goalie as well. I hope it isn't Kuemper in Arizona because he's going to cost in terms of assets. Schmuck has already given away a ton of draft picks. I think if he goes for a guy like Bernier or Andersson, that should be suffice. 

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a surprise signing somewhere that necessitates a move or two elsewhere--possibly including Sanheim+ for a goalie.

If you move Sanheim for a back up goalie, and Myers was already moved, are you acknowledging that those two players were a huge mistake

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I've ever seen from Sanheim

Yes I agree too.

But not to knock Travis but he is a Beta male.

York has that Alpha male in him.

Ivan has that too.

So can Risto *gulp* be the Alpha male on the 2nd pair?

Travis needs one.

:ToastingSmiley:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

If you move Sanheim for a back up goalie, and Myers was already moved, are you acknowledging that those two players were a huge mistake

No and I'll explain why. Development isn't linear when it comes to players. As well, it also depends what kind of player development system an organization has. If you look at Tampa Bay, they have perhaps the best development system in the NHL. There is clear, concise and direct goals in player development. For years, the Flyers basically had Scott Gordon and pond hockey and in most cases, players were often left to fends for themselves. If you look at Tampa Bay, they're incredibly structured. It's the lack of structure in Philadelphia that kills these guys. The whole development side of operations needs a complete and thorough overhaul. 

• Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I think a fourth center is on the horizon.

Casey Cizikas come on down.

But I feel Hayes is getting the band back together so it will be Derek Stepan.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Uggh... 1

29 minutes ago, CoachX said:

@ruxpin

I've felt that the Flyers have often rushed young players, whether in development or responsibility (making them captain). Like you pointed out, York has had about a half dozen games. To me, thats not enough to really know. So I prefer they set the roster so its stable. If York, Allison, Frost or anyone else, is that good, and that ready, they will take a spot. And if that happens, there are guys you will gladly put up in the booth to make room for them

Well said.

But only because I completely agree.

• Thanks 1