Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!

Buffalo Rick

• 1 month later...

I dont recognize any of these guys that scored last night.  I  guess other than the outcome of Eichel the team is set?  Who knows? its strange.  I really wonder how they will draw at the box office.  I doubt very well.  And they always have.  The Bills certainly own Buffalo now.  No doubt about that.

• Like 1

The 1974-1975 Caps went to a wonderful 8-67-5 record. More recently the Sens first season got a better 10-70-4 (1-41-0 on the road - shame on the Isles of letting them win in Nassau Coliseum) and the 1991-1992 Sharks finished 11-71-2.

With the loser point introduction, I still doubt the Sabres will be that bad.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Toharski stopped 16 of 17 shots.  Better than Dell and led comeback.  So far they must consider Toharski for a half of the goalie job?  He diid well last year too.  Give the kid a shot.  Probably see Anderson tonight

Dustin Tokarski is 32. He's played 47 NHL games since 2009. He's played for 10 AHL franchises and four NHL franchises.

He put up 3.54/.909 in 13 games for the Sabres last year - about what his NHL career averages are.

If you've never heard of him before, it's because there hasn't been much of anything worth hearing.

He is the poster child for "journeyman goaltender".

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, radoran said:

Dustin Tokarski is 32. He's played 47 NHL games since 2009. He's played for 10 AHL franchises and four NHL franchises.

He put up 3.54/.909 in 13 games for the Sabres last year - about what his NHL career averages are.

If you've never heard of him before, it's because there hasn't been much of anything worth hearing.

Ya...but the Orioles pitcher had a ham sandwich for lunch. 

8 hours ago, radoran said:

Well looks like the kid Luukenen gets his first chance tonight.  At least he is listed.  But likely Anderson plays half.  

On 10/1/2021 at 4:17 PM, Icechipper said:

Ted Nolan is now a NHL commentator of some sort. He thinks Buffalo has a tanking problem. I guess naming him coach was successful in that respect. He's still an overrated hack with a superiority complex.

He did get a raw deal back when he won coach of the year and then was shown the door.  Things worked out for Lindy but I still think Nolan was a very good motivator of players.  

Well the season is about to start.  I am in agreement with the Sabres management that the bone fusion is the better way to go as far as surgery for Jack Eichel.  I wonder if that kid has his one doctor and is listening to no other opinions?  The whole thing is a mess.  Also, I would give Toharski a shot as the number 2 or 3 goalie.  If they go with Luukenen that is.  I would take Anderson over Dell in the other slot. But I doubt Dell wants to go to Rochester?  But why should Toharski go to Rochester given how well he has played when put in?  He has responded well when thrown to the wolves.  

• Like 1

We beat the Red Wings.  Yippee.  Pre season  Have to go see if Toharski came in to hold down the fort?  I still think he  is going to win the job.  Anderson started last night, that I know.  I now see he played the entire game. But only faced 19 shots.  Not sure if that means we played well or Detroit played their AHL team?

Edited by Hockey Junkie

I cant remember when the expectations were so out of whack between the Bills and Sabres.  Bills are favored to get to the Super Bowl if not win it and the Sabres are expected to get to the toilet bowl.  I am hoping things are not quite as bleak as predicted.  I wonder, if the Sabres do surprise, as Hockey Guy says is possible, and are higher up than most expect, would Powers possibly join the team later in the year?  When does the season end for college like Michigan? Even if they get to the big 4 or whatever they call it?  I know RIT made it there a couple years back . Quite a good hockey program for a tech school.  Frozen 4?  I think thats it. Boston and Michigan are usually very good and I remember N Dakota, Clarkson, were usually very good.