Flyers 2021-22 Phantoms/Prospects info

OccamsRazor

22 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Worth noting - Jon-Randall Avon's step father is NHL hall of famer Steve Larmer, so you know that he's getting exceptional advice on how to play the game. 

Dude thank you for reminding me of him. In this slop any ray of sunshine is worthy.

I like this kid's game (from scouting report)  i think once they get here the fans are going to love him and one of most i'm anxious to see is Desnoyers. Foerester too. Wisdom as well. In time.

This Flyer team needs new life quick.....youth movement needs to continue.

Purge this deadline and see what is left floating...

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes he is i also forgot to mention a wild card - Jay O' Brien should be coming into the fold as well.

He is having a good year too 15 points in 16 games - so i fully expect him to forgo next season with BU and sign and join the Phantoms. It would suck if he opted not to sign with the Flyers and Ron steal him for the Penguins. I would be so pissed.

O’Brien and the BU Terriers are playing on NHL Network right now in the Beanpot Tournament.  The announcers praised him a couple different times since I turned it on.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's called feces.....lol

Honestly, if the Flyers end up with an additional first this year, some draft picks next year, some good prospects and cap space this trade deadline, I'll be content. I hate the idea of seeing Giroux go, but if they can find a taker for Stinktolainen and they get a good return, I'll be extremely happy, so I'm prepared to be disappointed.....lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

O’Brien and the BU Terriers are playing on NHL Network right now in the Beanpot Tournament.  The announcers praised him a couple different times since I turned it on.

A goal and an assist up 4-3.

Ice up son ice up!!!!

:PopcornSmiley2:

Frost and York stay down the Phantoms. 

OooooVeyyyy

York was our best defender for the last 5 games.  Frost isn't going to learn anything new down there.  He'll get minutes but he could have got minutes with the Flyers if they stopped pretending that winning matters any more this season.

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

27 minutes ago, Digityman said:

OooooVeyyyy

York was our best defender for the last 5 games.  Frost isn't going to learn anything new down there.  He'll get minutes but he could have got minutes with the Flyers if they stopped pretending that winning matters any more this season.

Brassard is back all our problems are solved.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

OooooVeyyyy

Never have two better prospects been so poorly mishandled by the Flyers inept development. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Digityman said:

OooooVeyyyy

Marching to the 9th seed and never looking back when it goes to being mediocre the Flyers set the bar...look out NHL you've been warned....

On 2/9/2022 at 5:34 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Never have two better prospects been so poorly mishandled by the Flyers inept development. 

It is time to get this kid over here and learning on the smaller ice. He should be able to join the Phantoms next season and his contract slides to the following year.

Look around the league and teams have stopped waiting so long to get this rolling Flyers need to do the same.

Phantoms need all the skill they can get. He and Attard should be nice top pair for them.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I expect this kid to sign after this season to help give the Phantoms so more fire power.

Who knows with the lack of talent on the Flyerd he could be there real soon.

I expect Brink to join them too.

Get some new blood in so they can move on from Rubstov and a few others.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I expect this kid to sign after this season to help give the Phantoms so more fire power.

Ya, Rubstov is already destroyed. Time for fresh meat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Two more prospects to grind up and chew out in the Flyers development system!!!!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 4:21 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Dude thank you for reminding me of him. In this slop any ray of sunshine is worthy.

I like this kid's game (from scouting report)  i think once they get here the fans are going to love him and one of most i'm anxious to see is Desnoyers. Foerester too. Wisdom as well. In time.

This Flyer team needs new life quick.....youth movement needs to continue.

It would be so great to see a few rookies come up at the same time and turn the team around. Remember in 85 when Zezel, Tocchet and Derrick Smith all made the team as rookies and actually contributed on a consistent basis. That’s what we need .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

It would be so great to see a few rookies come up at the same time and turn the team around. Remember in 85 when Zezel, Tocchet and Derrick Smith all made the team as rookies and actually contributed on a consistent basis. That’s what we need .

Gotta have a coach though that's not only willing to have that many young players in the line up, but one that will let them learn from their mistakes and not staple them to the bench when they do. 

20 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Remember in 85 when Zezel, Tocchet and Derrick Smith all made the team as rookies and actually contributed on a consistent basis.

Nope can't say I did wasn't following hockey down south here it was never on the TV sure there was the Atlannta Flames and all but never on TV Herr.

A bubble of mine when I was in the Navy got me into hockey in the early 90's he was a Sabre fan and from Buffalo.

So yeah I know about alot of the history and all but didn't follow back in the day.

That is why I always say I am looking for my first Cup experience before I die...

7 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Gotta have a coach though that's not only willing to have that many young players in the line up, but one that will let them learn from their mistakes and not staple them to the bench when they do. 

Need that in the NHL too. I love Lappy and what he did on the 2010 Cup run but I'm not sure if he is the guy to be teaching the kids down in LVH.

This whole organization needs a lot of guidance from top down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nope can't say I did wasn't following hockey down south here it was never on the TV sure there was the Atlannta Flames and all but never on TV Herr.

A bubble of mine when I was in the Navy got me into hockey in the early 90's he was a Sabre fan and from Buffalo.

So yeah I know about alot of the history and all but didn't follow back in the day.

That is why I always say I am looking for my first Cup experience before I die...

Me too, I was a Flyer fan at 11 back in 75, since then it’s been non stop suffering. I was even at the  2010 Cup winning game for Chicago when Leighton let in the weakest cup clinching goal in NHL history. We do need a  coach like Laviolette was, a guy who will let the young guys play and who will not put a creative playmaker on the fourth line. Back in the day we had a hard ass coach ,Keenan but he did put his trust in the young guys and they all responded. Of course with Homer , Sphincter Boy Scott and Scmuck meddling in everything it’s gonna be tough.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Me too, I was a Flyer fan at 11 back in 75, since then it’s been non stop suffering. I was even at the  2010 Cup winning game for Chicago when Leighton let in the weakest cup clinching goal in NHL history. We do need a  coach like Laviolette was, a guy who will let the young guys play and who will not put a creative playmaker on the fourth line. Back in the day we had a hard ass coach ,Keenan but he did put his trust in the young guys and they all responded. Of course with Homer , Sphincter Boy Scott and Scmuck meddling in everything it’s gonna be tough.

Should have never fired Lavy then.

Coach wasn't the problem then it was the players and their lack of execution and well the inmates have been running the asylum ever since...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Should have never fired Lavy then.

Coach wasn't the problem then it was the players and their lack of execution and well the inmates have been running the asylum ever since...

I absolutely agree. Lavy was a fiery guy but he was fair and I think the players liked him. Homer fired him and we haven’t had the right kind of coach since.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see who Schmuck hires as the next coach of the Flyers. I'm certain that with Briere in the meetings, he'll have a good feel and say for who they should bring in. That could also be a shift in the organization and how things are done. Baby steps, right?

47 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It'll be interesting to see who Schmuck hires as the next coach of the Flyers. I'm certain that with Briere in the meetings, he'll have a good feel and say for who they should bring in. That could also be a shift in the organization and how things are done. Baby steps, right?

Kimmo Timonen!

7 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'd love for Kimmo to be involved with the team in some way. I would love to see him handle the defense because I think Provorov, Sanheim, York and Zamula would benefit from his tutelage. 

Yeah he can't be worse than tha shat they have had and who knows maybe he whips them into a actual defense that is worth icing...