Flyers 2021-22 Phantoms/Prospects info

OccamsRazor

@radoran

Or a mod can we unpin the old one and pin this new ones thanks.

Time for a new thread turn the page time.

image.png.1f259c65a647eda0dbf0d9e18b3e0cea.png

I am expecting a good year from Lappy and the Phantoms.

He is getting a very well stocked team.

As we sit.

Cates - Lacyznski - Allison

Ratcliffe - Rubtsov - Tuomaala

Sandin - Willman - Sushko

Fitzgerald - Mayhew - Lycksell

Strome

York - Wylie

Zamula - Millman

Hogberg - Clendening

Seeler

Sandström

Ustimenko 

Ersson

Man that is a very stacked team i think.

Ersson could start in the ECHL and i expect Sandstrom to prove he is ready for a look in the NHL by next season.

No reason for Lappy not to back a solid playoff run with this roster. Anything less is a major disappointment in my eyes.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms Hockey | Allentown, PA 18101

And before some one chimes back about some of this guy like Allison down here hey i am just going on what i see looking at where the contracts are is all. Someone line Brassard or Thompson or even both could be Phantoms for all i know not claiming anything just laying it out how it looks now guessing.

Guys like Foerster and Wisdom should be back in juniors.

And Samu may be advised to stay in the SHL for another season. But i am good with him coming over and getting a head start at least in juniors if not the AHL.

Any way feel free to let me know something or someone i forgot.

#playoffsorbust

image.png

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

• OccamsRazor changed the title to Flyers 2021-22 Phantoms/Prospects info
2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I see we have a chirper on our hands. And he has skill to back it.

Or let's hope.

Yeah … pretty cool.  I posted this in the other thread.

thanks  for starting new topic.

😊

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I think Errson steals the top job on the Phantoms. 

He will in time but i think he starts with the ECHL club till a spot presents it's self or someone gets injured or called up.

He needs time to adjust to the smaller ice and it will give time for the guys ahead of him play vs the AHL talent and i think it straightens itself out by the following year.

I think Sandstrom backs up Carter Hart for 2022-23 on a very team friendly deal and then by then you have Ustinmenko and Ersson battling for the starter spot with LV.

And i think by then the Flyers could decide to sign Fedotov and finally bring him over from the KHL to start his transition to the NA size ice he will be turning 25 come November if not now then when?

I have to say the Flyers are very very stacked in the crease one of these guys needs to pan out.

Sad part there is only one net so some of these might be flipped for assets since there isn't very much room and can't keep em all.

I sure hope they can salvage German Rubtsov's career sounds like this kid has just had some very bad injury luck. I'm not sure how true this is but sounds like he had a serious injury.

Brent Flahr on German R-

Yeah, well, he couldn’t even hold onto his stick or shoot (the puck), so that was the other problem. They came over and they just thought it was a sprain, and he dislocated it — ligaments weren’t even attached to his wrist. But everything’s good to go here now.

If he can get going maybe he still has time to steal a spot but time is running out and guys are gaining on him and there are not but one or two spots up for grabs.

Kid was always suppose to be a sound 200 foot guy but he just hasn't put it together on the ice.

In fact he is already a bust until he proves otherwise he turned 23 this past summer and i'm not sure how much time they give him but he has some stiff competition for sure.

Flyers finally gave up on Pascal Laberge and moved on will they do the same to this kid soon?

:PopcornSmiley2:

• 1 month later...

Well the good news is looks like Foerster is staying in the AHL. And scored the only goal last night. Their first round pick in 2021 is still around too.

Phantoms Projected:

49 Wilson 23 Frost 71 Foerster

19 Ratcliffe 9 O'Reilly 26 Mayhew

21 Sandin 17 Rubtsov 27 Tuomaala

24 Saulnier 25 Bunnaman 18 Cates

44 York 29 Wylie

6 Hogberg 5 Clendening

8 Millman 22 Day

32 Felix Sandstrom

30 Sam Ersson

The bad news is they lost because the Phantoms have the same issue the Flyers have letting the opposition screen their goalie.

Felix stopped 21 of 23 shots in the opening loss.

I want to see this kid have a good year i want him backing up Hart by next season.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

33 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Wait a minute....THIS ISN'T GOOD NEWS!!! 

It is if he is ready and has a great year.

Yes I know it sucks for your Colts.

My condolences.

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It is if he is ready and has a great year.

Yes I know it sucks for your Colts.

My condolences.

It is if he's ready and has a great year.

Let's just say my faith in the Flyers organization over the last little while in their ability to read a players development isn't exactly rock solid.

Phantoms lose again.  0-4-1 and have scored a whopping 6 goals so far.  Could this mean these prospects the front office has been creaming over for the past 5 years just ain't that good?  The Phantoms are being beaten regularly by Hershey and Wilkes-Barre whose parent teams have regularly traded away draft picks to stay competitive at the NHL level.  Yet somehow they keep unearthing decent (better than Philly's) prospects.  I've maintained for years that the Flyers' scouting department has needed a major overhaul.  Get rid of the nepotism in the front office.

6 minutes ago, Poconono said:

Phantoms lose again.  0-4-1 and have scored a whopping 6 goals so far.  Could this mean these prospects the front office has been creaming over for the past 5 years just ain't that good?  The Phantoms are being beaten regularly by Hershey and Wilkes-Barre whose parent teams have regularly traded away draft picks to stay competitive at the NHL level.  Yet somehow they keep unearthing decent (better than Philly's) prospects.  I've maintained for years that the Flyers' scouting department has needed a major overhaul.  Get rid of the nepotism in the front office.

I can't really say i barely can keep up with he Flyers these days.

Hell last time i checked they didn't even have an 5 on 5 points at all.

But it very well could be all the praise heaped on Ron Hextall was premature.

I mean look at Travis Sanheim we are still waiting for him to show he is close to being what we expect him to be.

But you are talking about a team of draft picks....and nothing to show for it. A goose egg.

Rubtsov 1st

Frost 1st

Forester 1st

York 1st

Ratcliffe 2nd 

Sandstrom 3rd

Millman 4th

Bunnaman 4th

Sushko 4th

Hogberg 5th

Wylie 5th

Ersson 5th

That is a lot of assets spent on a 0-4 team so i guess Lappy will be taking the fall soon.

Maybe it is best to send Forester back to juniors so he doesn't get this stank on him.

I wish i had an answer but i got nothing.

:BrownBag:

Come back from the ledge friends.   A new coach, new system and new players.   While I'd like to see .500 at this point, 0-4 doesn't mean all those players are busts.  There are at least 4 there that will be regular contributors in the NHL in the next couple years (York, Frost, Forester and one of Ratcliffe / goalie).   If they can average 1-2 home-grown graduations per year that is considered successful in my book.

• Like 1

This is a team with a head coach who has zero head coaching experience. Just watch the games and you'll see that this is a group of players that simply don't have clue what the coach is leaving in terms of system. It's basically the defenseman gets the puck and chips it up the ice when he hits his blueline and then the forwards pick it up along the boards and dump it in and chase after it. There's no luck possession or anything like that.  Laperriere is in over his head, unfortunately, and the experienced head coaches are making the Phantoms pay. It's sad that this dumpster fire is allowed to continue. This is not conducive to player development. 

2 hours ago, Digityman said:

Come back from the ledge friends.   A new coach, new system and new players.   While I'd like to see .500 at this point, 0-4 doesn't mean all those players are busts.  There are at least 4 there that will be regular contributors in the NHL in the next couple years (York, Frost, Forester and one of Ratcliffe / goalie).   If they can average 1-2 home-grown graduations per year that is considered successful in my book.

Well I'm not on a ledge for sure just pointing out it isn't looking good.

And we'll maybe another wasted year in the kids development but there is a lot of season left to be played and I hope they can turn it around.

The biggest thing is I haven't watched so hard to tell just by looking at stats alone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it only took Chuck 3 short seasons to turn our farm team into the worst in the entire AHL, so we have that going for us. But one bright light has been the play of Morgan Frost who leads the team in scoring by 5 points. He's 11th overall in the AHL, which is pretty damn good considering the abysmal team he plays for. Maybe it's time for a callup?

• Like 2