Morin injured again? Allison taken to dressing room knee injury during rookie game today

RonJeremy

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

thought Hayes had the surgery in May or June.

Is that not correct?

I think this is an separate injury , not neglect.

Oh, well, that makes me feel much better  :thumbsu:

You are correct. I hadn't seen the link before, but I do think this speaks to your point about the difficulty of recovery from these sorts of injuries.

I can only hope that they - and him - give him the time he actually needs to recover from this and aren't trying to rush back onto the ice "as soon as possible."

Let's see what "the kids" can do and, as the article notes, they have some depth options with G and Laughton as well as Thompson and Brassard.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@radoran

I thought Hayes had the surgery in May or June.

Is that not correct?

I think this is an separate injury , not neglect.

Flyers' Kevin Hayes undergoes abdominal surgery, will miss 6-8 weeks | RSN (nbcsports.com)

Yes felt something pop skating the other day. So we can expect this season with him to be a wash now. And yeah i know many won't cut him any slack for this they will expect him to be like nothing ever happened....you know who they are.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

I can only hope that they - and him - give him the time he actually needs to recover from this and aren't trying to rush back onto the ice "as soon as possible."

🤣

Thank you for my morning laugh....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

i know many won't cut him any slack for this they will expect him to be like nothing ever happened

If he comes back in "eight weeks" and is "feeling 100% and can contribute" and then plays mediocre and at the end of the season says "I've been playing injured all season" we will no doubt revisit this...

Just like they didn't need a subpar Wayne Simmonds hobbling around the ice, they don't need a subpar Kevin Hayes. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I know he wants to play. I know he wants to be a part of what's going on. I know he's an important part.

That's why he needs to actually be ready to play to the level they need and expect him to play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

And yeah i know many won't cut him any slack for this they will expect him to be like nothing ever happened....you know who they are.

:PopcornSmiley2:

What are you saying....Hayes won't be worth his contract yet again? 

Who saw that coming?

In fairness, he never was.

• Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm just glad it's not subjective....

🤣

Heard an update,  Allison has a high ankle sprain… they have him listed as out indefinitely. So the way the Flyers medical staff works, he will rehab for 8 weeks and then get surgery and miss the whole year.