Kirill Kaprizov signs 5-Year, $45 Million Deal

CreaseAndAssist

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I cannot imagine the justification for the Flyers retiring someone's number whose number isn't already retired.    I can't think of any player -- and I've liked my fair share -- who is deserving of that.

They have indicated in the past that a Cup needs to be on the resume.*

I wouldn't be shocked if that got modified.

* They're never giving out Pelle's and I can't imagine someone else deciding to wear 88 for Philadelphia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomdog said:

20 goals, 4 years in a row? That is really a pathetic record for someone making $9mill ?

I think Crease is being too kind.

No one did this before in 24 years of the Wild history. And we had someone who was making even more than $9 mill. We have a nice phrase "better later than never". Kaprizov did it who never did this before as well as multipoint record above 100 points. Not as many NHL players capable to place even 50 points per season. Still we have remaining 31 games till the end of the season. Maybe he will be able to place 10 more goals ? We never know.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

IMG_5821.jpeg

He made a nice record for this 2023-2024 season. In 75 played games he was able to get 96 points (46 goals; 50 assists; +/- +11). If he didn't miss 6 games because of the injury, then he probably would pass the record of 2021-2022 season when he had 108 points (47 goals; 61 assists) in 81 played games.

A couple days ago I listened his interview which was taken before his birthday by the Russian sport channel. His number he took mainly because he was born in 1997. And the channel gave him 97 different questions regarding sport and his life. It seems his main goal is to get a Stanley Cup. He prefers to spend his vacation in mountains, but not near the ocean or sea. Last year he was at Colorado mountains and was impressed of the nature there.  Few weeks ago, he has got his personal car Porsche, which was made by his wishes/requests. For previous 3 years he drove a leasing car Audi.