NHL.tv do I need it anymore?

LAFlyer

1 minute ago, LAFlyer said:

Im a bit confused with the streaming on NHL.tv.  Are all games deverted to ESPN + now? 
And if you have the whole Disney +, Espn + hulu package, do you need th NHL. tv at all? 

What good is NHL.tv anymore? 

I dunno. I haven't legally watched a game in years unless i was at a bar lol.

pirt0005-05.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a master ESPN schedule online. There are select ESPN-plus games on Hulu, that you can find by searching NHL. I don't have cable so if I really want to see a game have to go to pub. Used a sketchy site last year that's not working this season.

Edited by Icechipper

NHLTV no longer exists. The NHL shut it down after the ESPN deal. As others have mentioned ESPN+ will carry the bulk of the games, Hulu will also have same. To counteract this and compete with ESPN+, Center Ice packages were slashed from $159 per season to $50-60 per season depending on which provider you have. They will show all games unless it’s a nationally televised game or blacked out in your area.

If you are in Canada, compared to last year, it sucks.

Basically it's the same entity (you still have to subscribe through NHL.tv at $200 roughly) but you don't have pre-games and post-games reports and presser anymore. Moreover, you are not able to watch a game if you are in a non-market in regard to your team  area and watching an opponent that is in your market. For example, I tried to watch the Sens-Stars game but it was broadcasted on RDS and TSN so I was denied to watch the game regardless of my subscription to either one of these sports channels.

• 3 weeks later...