Frost - Global Warning in Philly?

Wonder why Frost hasn’t been up with the Flyers already?

AV has been giving the young centreman the cold shoulder from the start of his coaching venture in Philadelphia!

Bout time for a Frostbite in AV’s ass.

Edited by radoran
clarify topic title

3 minutes ago, Philly Fanatik said:

Short answer is he just hasn't been good enough to crack the lineup.

Longer answer is that AV tends to require a lot of presence and discipline from his centremen and, as noted in the short answer, Frost just hasn't shown that. He had a chance to grab the second line center role in the absence of Hayes and, by his own admission, he was clutching the stick and didn't achieve that.

Injury surely hasn't helped in that respect. In his third year, he's got all of 71 professional hockey games under his belt. And his start in Allentown was less than auspicious this year, although he has started to show some flashes.

If he keeps it up, he could get onto the NHL roster. I'd hope he could be a better option than Laughton in the middle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Short answer is he just hasn't been good enough to crack the lineup.

Longer answer is that AV tends to require a lot of presence and discipline from his centremen and, as noted in the short answer, Frost just hasn't shown that. He had a chance to grab the second line center role in the absence of Hayes and, by his own admission, he was clutching the stick and didn't achieve that.

Injury surely hasn't helped in that respect. In his third year, he's got all of 71 professional hockey games under his belt. And his start in Allentown was less than auspicious this year, although he has started to show some flashes.

If he keeps it up, he could get onto the NHL roster. I'd hope he could be a better option than Laughton in the middle.

I just wonder if it will be the Flyers NHL roster.🙄

2 minutes ago, Philly Fanatik said:

I just wonder if it will be the Flyers NHL roster.🙄

A lot will depend on whether Hayes is effective when he returns. Secondly on how well Frost is playing. Thirdly on whether there turns into a market that makes him more valuable as a trade piece than as a pending RFA.

The fact is that he just hasn't shown that he "has" to be in the NHL at this point. There's still time. I expect he'll get there.

Whether it's as a center is another question...

• radoran changed the title to Frost - Global Warning in Philly?
2 hours ago, Philly Fanatik said:

AV has been giving the young centreman the cold shoulder from the start of his coaching venture in Philadelphia!

Bout time for a Frostbite in AV’s ass.

He's not quite ready.  My timeline has him coming in around the yearly holiday lapse. 

20 minutes ago, CoachX said:

He'll be ready in 2 years

Won't we all...

Let's face it, if Frost wants to fast-track his NHL career he needs to start hanging out with Haysee or move to Minny.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Won't we all...

Let's face it, if Frost wants to fast-track his NHL career he needs to start hanging out with Haysee or move to Minny.

This is more true than you know. So, first we have to trade him to Minny for a bag of pucks, then 2 years later, we trade a 1st and two 2nds (who am I kidding, we don't have 2nds, we already traded them away!) for him. Book it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1